Eagles trade pick #6 and #156 to Miami for pick #12, #123, and a 2022 1st

Jenkins27

50 minutes ago, time2rock said:

We already have a league most 11 picks in 2021.  We still land with 11 in 2021 and have now added a high pick in 2022.  I dunno, I like.  

I liked the trade down because this year's draft has a lot of talent, so 2 #1's this year instead of next year would have been better from my perspective, who knows what the talent level will be next year. 

Now Watch ... next bit of BREAKING NEWS:

Philadelphia Eagles trade 2021 pick 12 and two 2022 1st rd picks to the NY Jets to move up to 2.  :excited:

To trade away from Smith and Pitts is just moronic. I love the trade if the Dolphins stink this year......

But for a team that SUCKS at drafting...it sure takes some balls to trade AWAY From the premiere talent to the lesser talent. Already setting Hurts up to fail. 

Just now, EagleVA said:

I liked the trade down because this year's draft has a lot of talent, so 2 #1's this year instead of next year would have been better from my perspective, who knows what the talent level will be next year. 

It's really hard to judge due to the pandemic leading to a lot of teams not playing or players opting out.  Crazy year to get a good evaluation.  

Just now, time2rock said:

Next bit of BREAKING NEWS:

Philadelphia Eagles trade 2021 pick 12 and two 2022 1st rd picks to the NY Jets to move up to 2.  :excited:

What?!?!

2 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Now watch either Pitts of Chase fall to 12.  Looking back over the past few years, it's certainly not completely out of the question.

In 2020, first WR taken was Ruggs (coincidentally, at 12).

In 2019, first WR taken was Brown (at 25).

In 2018, first WR taken was Moore (at 24).

In 2017, first WR taken was Davis (at 5).

In 2016, first WR taken was Coleman (at 15).

Can you imagine still getting one of the players most here have wanted and end up with yet another high pick in 2022?

In 2017 we did see the top 3 WR all go in the top 10, but I do agree there is a decent chance we can still end up with one of Chase, Smith, Waddle or Pitts at 12. My guess is Waddle is the most likely of the four to be there.

However it is a bit of a gamble if we're having our heart set on a pass catcher. If you were strongly considering a defensive player at 6 then this trade actually makes more sense. 

1 minute ago, time2rock said:

Next bit of BREAKING NEWS:

If we do that, I'll join the "Fire Howie" crowd. 😄

2 minutes ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

In 2017 we did see the top 3 WR all go in the top 10, but I do agree there is a decent chance we can still end up with one of Chase, Smith, Waddle or Pitts at 12. My guess is Waddle is the most likely of the four to be there.

However it is a bit of a gamble if we're having our heart set on a pass catcher. If you were strongly considering a defensive player at 6 then this trade actually makes more sense. 

If only Waddle remains, then I hope we go with the best CB (Horn or Surtain) and hope Bateman falls to 37 (or we make a trade up from 37 into the latter part of the 1st to get him).

Just now, time2rock said:

If only Waddle remains, then I hope we go with the best CB (Horn or Surtain) and hope Bateman falls to 37 (or we make a trade up from 37 into the latter part of the 1st to get him).

I thought it was clear when I posted ... I just edited.  

I almost lost my crap

1 minute ago, Lloyd said:

Wishful news. Not news, news.

I thought it was clear when I posted ... I just edited top be safe.  

Just now, Portyansky said:

I almost lost my crap

Haha sorry about that bro.  

7 minutes ago, time2rock said:

No Watch ... next bit of BREAKING NEWS:

It actually makes sense

5 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Waddle or Bateman would be the options at 12 IMO.  I would take Batemen, I think he is the second best WR in this class.

I like Bateman too but I think Howie is hung up on where a WR lines up. I think Bateman can play all 3 WR positions. Let’s not make the same mistake by taking Reagor over Jefferson just because of positional preference. 

52 minutes ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

Because you were expecting rookies to transform our season...?

Rookies are the only means to transform our old roster to a competitive team once again.

7 minutes ago, RICWOOFLAIR said:

To trade away from Smith and Pitts is just moronic. I love the trade if the Dolphins stink this year......

But for a team that SUCKS at drafting...it sure takes some balls to trade AWAY From the premiere talent to the lesser talent. Already setting Hurts up to fail. 

Smith might be there at 12 but I'm pretty sure Eagles are focusing on defense there. 

Does it really matter if Howie screws 12th pick instead of 6th? ... but possible 3 1st round picks next year sound kinda good

1 minute ago, time2rock said:

It's really hard to judge due to the pandemic leading to a lot of teams not playing or players opting out.  Crazy year to get a good evaluation.  

I agree but honestly, I think it's going to be the same thing next year, the powers to be have their foot on the gas and they're not letting up, it'll be killer variances and more jabs next. 

47 minutes ago, ggs5008 said:

All about seeing what Hurts can do. If he is not the guy, then they have the ammo next year to move up and get the QB.

At this point general consensus is that there aren't top QBs coming out next year

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

It actually makes sense

Howie (reportedly) wants Wilson.  Miami deals the pick to SF (assuming so they can get Wilson), so Howie jumps in front of SF to get his guy.  It really is too Howie like.  

9 minutes ago, time2rock said:

No Watch ... next bit of BREAKING NEWS:

Honestly, that's my fear, Howie is going to F up these picks, just like he did to get Wentz.

1 minute ago, weko said:

At this point general consensus is that there aren't top QBs coming out next year

Maybe Howie is trying to put us in a position to get Watson and not necessarily using those picks to draft one.  

43 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Honestly the fact that we took a first next year rather than multiple second and third day picks this year makes me think this is cap related, a contract for a #12 pick is about $2million cheaper cap hit wise than #6, plus you don't have to find a million in cap space for multiple second rounders. 

We're in a deep hole this year and Howie is cutting his cloth. 

Yes could be cap related with the trade down in the 1st but 2nd and 3rd round picks don't make much money

37 minutes ago, macgregor said:

Farley or Surtain. This is what I've been saying, only I had no idea Howie could wrangle a 1st rd from Miami. That was a stroke of genius.

The stroke of genius was Miami dropping from 3 to 6 and picks up TWO 1st round picks next year

1 minute ago, weko said:

The stroke of genius was Miami dropping from 3 to 6 and picks up TWO 1st round picks next year

Well Eagles scooped up half of that stroke.

The only good thing I see from this is we can possibly have 3 first round picks next year. Parsons isn’t a bad take at 12. 

Archived