Eagles trade pick #6 and #156 to Miami for pick #12, #123, and a 2022 1st

Jenkins27

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Just because you guys do not understand the cap, does not make the posts baseless.

3 weeks ago we had 73 million in 2022 cap space, now we have 25 million.

Its call "kicking the can down the road". You usually don't see bad teams do it. 

Just now, pallidrone said:

You have no idea what the cap is going to be in 2022.

All things considered....most seem to think it should go up in the near future. 

2 minutes ago, RICWOOFLAIR said:

Its call "kicking the can down the road". You usually don't see bad teams do it. 

It's going to rise significantly. And it's a non-issue and always has been. Don't fall for the beat writer BS.

9 minutes ago, weko said:

I'd be happier with the trade if we had gotten the 4 outright.  Miami got a huge haul for moving down just 3 spots.  We were obviously eager to make this trade.  Might have gotten more if we had waited or demanded the 4 outright.  As someone mentioned we don't have the money to pay the 6th pick this year.  Not sure we have the money to pay the 12th pick either.

Did Miami really get a huge haul though?

Miami now gets the 49ers 3rd this year, the 49ers first in 2023 and swaps their first with the 49ers first next year. I'd personally rather have Miami's first than the 49ers first next year.

We get an extra first earlier than the Dolphins. So really we didn't do that badly.

Still a good move for Miami, but they didn't get as big a haul as some are making out.

4 minutes ago, pallidrone said:

You have no idea what the cap is going to be in 2022.

The cap space is based on the pre covid projection for the 2022 cap of 203 million.  Lets say they inflate it to 215 million, that means the Eagles then have 38 million in cap space.

The part you are missing, is Howie negatively impacted whatever the cap space by 48 million dollars in 2022, and 35.9 million in 2023 with his kicking the can down the road act.

Whatever the cap is, it does not change where we rank in cap space.

23rd in 2022, 27th in 2023, 22nd in 2024.

50 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I am not even a fan of the guy, bit it would be a more honest assessment of him drafting Chase or Pitts.  Trading down to 12 and drafting a corner does not help your evaluation of Hurts. 

This from office is a clown show.

The bottom line is this move doesn’t show they’re behind Hurts at all. If anything it shows they want assets to try and get Watson. Overall it just shows how terrible the Hurts pick was to begin with. Wasting a 2nd on a backup quarterback was just dumb. It cost them their starter and now they’re quarterback chasing. Howie should have been fired a long time ago. 

4 minutes ago, RICWOOFLAIR said:

How much? How much roll over will there be from 2021 to 2022?

To complain about the 2022 cap when we are in the beginning of the 2021 off season, is to just complain.

2 minutes ago, Infam said:

It's going to rise significantly. And it's a non-issue and always has been. Don't fall for the beat writer BS.

Cap will rise a lot after Covid and plus we are out from Wentz's contract next year. 

1 minute ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Did Miami really get a huge haul though?

Miami now gets the 49ers 3rd this year, the 49ers first in 2023 and swaps their first with the 49ers first next year. I'd personally rather have Miami's first than the 49ers first next year.

We get an extra first earlier than the Dolphins. So really we didn't do that badly.

Still a good move for Miami, but they didn't get as big a haul as some are making out.

I agree we didn't do badly, especially if we have designs on trying to pry Watson or Wilson free.  That's the real value of multiple 1s next year.  I bet we make a hard push for one of those guys.

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

The bottom line is this move doesn’t show they’re behind Hurts at all. If anything it shows they want assets to try and get Watson. Overall it just shows how terrible the Hurts pick was to begin with. Wasting a 2nd on a backup quarterback was just dumb. It cost them their starter and now they’re quarterback chasing. Howie should have been fired a long time ago. 

Haha way to stand your ground. How anyone could possibly still think Hurts was a bad pick is beyond me, but hey. Opinions are like a-holes.

6 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

2 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I agree.  Getting another 1 next year allows us to make a play for Watson or Wilson.  I've read the reports that it was Lurie who insisted on taking Hurts in the 2nd.  We'll never know for sure but few had Hurts with a 2nd round grade.  Most were 3rd or 4th.

2 hours ago, CheesesteakNBeer said:

There must be a punter Howie really likes at #12... Can we fast forward to the 2022 draft please..

yup...and I can just hear Mel Kiper: "This is a bit of a reach in my opinion, I had him as more of a developmental punter...."

So now we have to dig up dirt on Chase and Pitts and post it the night before the draft starts to get them to slide ala. Tunsil. You know, it's always something with this team. Sheesh...where's my pin camera??? crap, it's around here somewhere.

3 minutes ago, flyerdog said:

yup...and I can just hear Mel Kiper: "This is a bit of a reach in my opinion, I had him as more of a developmental punter...."

But he Loves Talking BALL so Sirianni approves..

13 minutes ago, Infam said:

Its not a "non-issue". There are ways to manipulate the cap. Eagles didn't have a issue getting under the salary cap because their best players like Miles Sanders and Goedert are on rookie deals. And for the most part they were paying a bunch ohs crappy players. Do not confuse that with the cap being a "non-issue" because if it was the Eagles would've been bigger players in free agency than they were rather than bargain bin shopping for guys on one year deals. 

9 minutes ago, weko said:

I agree.  Getting another 1 next year allows us to make a play for Watson or Wilson.  I've read the reports that it was Lurie who insisted on taking Hurts in the 2nd.  We'll never know for sure but few had Hurts with a 2nd round grade.  Most were 3rd or 4th.

At this point why would Watson even want to come here? What is there here personnel wise? I like the guy but I'd seriously question his IQ if he decided to go to a old team with really no future in sight. 

14 minutes ago, pallidrone said:

How much? How much roll over will there be from 2021 to 2022?

To complain about the 2022 cap when we are in the beginning of the 2021 off season, is to just complain.

No one knows honestly. We didn't even figure out what this salary cap was until a few weeks ago. 

4 minutes ago, RICWOOFLAIR said:

Its not a "non-issue". There are ways to manipulate the cap. Eagles didn't have a issue getting under the salary cap because their best players like Miles Sanders and Goedert are on rookie deals. And for the most part they were paying a bunch ohs crappy players. Do not confuse that with the cap being a "non-issue" because if it was the Eagles would've been bigger players in free agency than they were rather than bargain bin shopping for guys on one year deals. 

100% non-issue. Whenever we really wanted to do something the money for it was there and that's how it always will be moving forward.

15 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

The Hurts pick is what started all of this crap.

How would the season have went if instead of drafting Reagor they traded up to get Lamb or they drafted Justin Jefferson and used that 2nd rounder on a offensive player? I would've felt much better about this team and the offense would be looking up. 

1 minute ago, Infam said:

100% non-issue. Whenever we really wanted to do something the money for it is there and that's how it always will be moving forward.

100% non-issue. Whenever we really wanted to do something the money for it is there and that's how it always will be moving forward.

So basically they didn't want to "do anything" this year is what you're saying? They just sit here with a terrible roster because its fun?

The one thing to be excited about and now we aren't even top ten and we didn't even get an extra pick.fire Howie! Now!

1 hour ago, Wentz 2 Ertz said:

Fans have a right to be angry. Pick #12 is where you’ll get a Derek Barnett kind of player. Pick #6 is where you can get a franchise altering guy. Enjoy the continued destruction of the Philadelphia Eagles. 

Where was Jefferson drafted last year? Hmmm

1 minute ago, RICWOOFLAIR said:

The Hurts pick is what started all of this crap.

We got a franchise QB in the second round. That he exposed Wentz to be a weak bum is not making this a bad pick.

1 minute ago, RICWOOFLAIR said:

How would the season have went if instead of drafting Reagor they traded up to get Lamb or they drafted Justin Jefferson and used that 2nd rounder on a offensive player? I would've felt much better about this team and the offense would be looking up. 

So basically they didn't want to "do anything" this year is what you're saying? They just sit here with a terrible roster because its fun?

It's not even that bad of a roster when healthy. And yeah, this was not the year to spend big in FA. This is about value too, not just throwing money around like the idiot Giants.

1 minute ago, Uscg-green said:

I hate Howie f this team. 

And they are asking the guy who destroyed this team and franchise to fix it. Just a recipe for disaster. 

I am OK with this.  There will be a a number of great picks available at 12.  In many of the mocks I have done I traded down to get more picks and ended up with great drafts.

My overall philosophy tends to be more to "draft volume" vs "high picks" because the stats are so bad on drafting individual players.  For every Lane Johnson there is a Mike Mamula.

Likely having 3 firsts in 2022 is great, I would even be happy if one or more of those was traded down to pick up 2nd/3rd rounders.  Volume in 2nd/3rd round IMO is best way to build a team.  The hit rates are still high for most positions and you get a lot more chances.  JMO.

Archived