Eagles trade pick #6 and #156 to Miami for pick #12, #123, and a 2022 1st

Jenkins27

36 minutes ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

Moving down to 12 is risky, would have preferred a smaller trade down if going that route, but can't argue against the compensation. The trade itself is great value.

The draft pick value chart suggests a mid 2nd round pick to go from 6 to 12. We got a 1st and swapped a 5th for a 4th this year.

6 to 12 would cost a 2 and a 4, maybe a 2 & 3.  A 1 next year is equal to a 2 this year, so we got a 2 this year and a swap of a 5 for a 4.  The compensation was received is a bit light.  We should have gotten the 4 outright.

28 minutes ago, T-1000 said:

Fixed

We traded up to get Cox, somewhere around 8 if I remember right

12 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Howie (reportedly) wants Wilson.  Miami deals the pick to SF (assuming so they can get Wilson), so Howie jumps in front of SF to get his guy.  It really is too Howie like.  

Somebody said bust a move and Howie thought they said move for a bust.

Howie still trying to prove he is smarter than everyone else. Let's see how this shakes out, then I'll judge it.

6 minutes ago, weko said:

6 to 12 would cost a 2 and a 4, maybe a 2 & 3.  A 1 next year is equal to a 2 this year, so we got a 2 this year and a swap of a 5 for a 4.  The compensation was received is a bit light.  We should have gotten the 4 outright.

Lol, they got a 1 next year, not a 2 this year. 

4 minutes ago, weko said:

We traded up to get Cox, somewhere around 8 if I remember right

Nope, they took him at 12. The 6th overall pick that year was Morris Claiborne who stunk. 

Just now, T-1000 said:

Lol, they got a 1 next year, not a 2 this year. 

In draft value a 2 this year equals a 1 next year

3 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

Somebody said bust a move and Howie thought they said move for a bust.

Yes Don the 12th pick is bust territory alright if you draft for potential over SEC production.

1 minute ago, weko said:

I always found that a bit weird. If it was that easy to find partners to trade like this, I would trade my second for a first EVERY year.

1 minute ago, weko said:

No it's not. A 1 a year later is far more valuable than a 2. It's still a 1 versus a 2. This isn't the same as giving up a 6th for a 5th the following year.

I'm not completely convinced Pitts couldnt fall. Chase to Bengals, OL to Falcons and Broncos, Parsons to Panthers, Waddle to Lions, Surtain to Cowboys, Giants have Engram and don't run 12 that much...

Just now, Infam said:

I always found that a bit weird. If it was that easy to find partners to trade like this, I would trade my second for a first EVERY year.

It’s basically time value of money/opportunity cost applied to the NFL draft.

But, of course teams aren’t robots like in a video game and aren’t usually willing to give up their future unless they see some outsized return (like for a franchise QB) OR for a player they think will put them over the top (usually an OT for the QB they already have).

2 minutes ago, T-1000 said:

No it's not. A 1 a year later is far more valuable than a 2. It's still a 1 versus a 2. This isn't the same as giving up a 6th for a 5th the following year.

I'd be happier with the trade if we had gotten the 4 outright.  Miami got a huge haul for moving down just 3 spots.  We were obviously eager to make this trade.  Might have gotten more if we had waited or demanded the 4 outright.  As someone mentioned we don't have the money to pay the 6th pick this year.  Not sure we have the money to pay the 12th pick either.

29 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

I liked the trade down because this year's draft has a lot of talent, so 2 #1's this year instead of next year would have been better from my perspective, who knows what the talent level will be next year. 

On the other hand, the fact that many players opted out and there wasn't a full college season makes it harder to evaluate. Maybe next year it's easier?

I'm also on board with trading down. I just don't like picking right after the Cowboys and Giants. 

2 minutes ago, weko said:

I'd be happier with the trade if we had gotten the 4 outright.  Miami got a huge haul for moving down just 3 spots.  We were obviously eager to make this trade.  Might have gotten more if we had waited or demanded the 4 outright.  As someone mentioned we don't have the money to pay the 6th pick this year.  Not sure we have the money to pay the 12th pick either.

And another baseless cap posting. Funny, you'd think by now at least people would've understood cap is a non-issue with the Eagles. Like.. ever.

33 minutes ago, time2rock said:

No Watch ... next bit of BREAKING NEWS:

Philadelphia Eagles trade 2021 pick 12 and two 2022 1st rd picks to the NY Jets to move up to 2.  :excited:

It's funny and laughable yet possible knowing Howie.

4 minutes ago, weko said:

Those 3 picks from the 3rd spot to 6th is worth more than the 6 spots from the 6th to 12th. It's a weighted system with value declining with every pick and top 3 picks are worth a ton. The value was really good, the question is whether or not it was the right move for the franchise. This has NOTHING to do with the cap.

2 minutes ago, Infam said:

And another baseless cap posting. Funny, you'd think by now at least people would've understood cap is a non-issue with the Eagles. Like.. ever.

Yes it's a non issue just like our free agency shopping was a non issue because of it

Just now, weko said:

Yes it's a non issue just like our free agency shopping was a non issue because of it

People were acting like we'd lose a lot of good players thanks to cap and covid. And now what? We kept pretty much everybody and added a good safety? Get real.

6 minutes ago, Infam said:

3 minutes ago, weko said:

Just because you guys do not understand the cap, does not make the posts baseless.

3 weeks ago we had 73 million in 2022 cap space, now we have 25 million.

1 minute ago, T-1000 said:

Those 3 picks from the 3rd spot to 6th is worth more than the 6 spots from the 6th to 12th. It's a weighted system with value declining with every pick and top 3 picks are worth a ton. The value was really good, the question is whether or not it was the right move for the franchise. This has NOTHING to do with the cap.

Of course 3 to 6 is worth more than 6 to 12.  It's a QB league and if you don't have one you don't have a chance.  Nevertheless Miami did really well today in trade value unless Fields turns out to be a top QB

Just now, Infam said:

People were acting like we'd lose a lot of good players thanks to cap and covid. And now what? We kept pretty much everybody and added a good safety? Get real.

We kept everybody because we don't any talent to pay

28 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Smith might be there at 12 but I'm pretty sure Eagles are focusing on defense there. 

Smith MIGHT be yes but that's praying and hoping for a miracle that a top 5 pick gets that low. He's projected to be the 1st non-QB taken in this draft. So we shall see. 

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Just because you guys do not understand the cap, does not make the posts baseless.

3 weeks ago we had 73 million in 2022 cap space, now we have 25 million.

You have no idea what the cap is going to be in 2022.

Archived