Eagles trade pick #6 and #156 to Miami for pick #12, #123, and a 2022 1st

Jenkins27

8 hours ago, Procus said:

Patrick Mahomes isn't mobile?

Russell Wilson isn't mobile?

John Elway wasn't mobile?

Terry Bradshaw wasn't mobile?

Roger Staubauch wasn't mobile?

Mobile is vastly different than running.

Even though all those guys could run for some yardage, they were pass first QBs who had/have good pocket presence.

A dual threat QB sounds exciting and can create havoc for defenses, But the QB who thinks pass 95% of the time is more effective at winning.  Passing QB always is way more productive than a guy who is a 1-2 look QB who gets happy feet.  The NFL is a passing league.....

IMO, the best QB is one that is a pocket passer with good pocket awareness, ability to escape the pocket, but always keeps his eyes downfield.....runs when there is no other option.

1 minute ago, birdman#12 said:

Mobile is vastly different than running.

Even though all those guys could run for some yardage, they were pass first QBs who had/have good pocket presence.

A dual threat QB sounds exciting and can create havothc for defenses, But the QB who thinks pass 95% of the time is more effective at winning.  Passing QB always is way more productive than a guy who is a 1-2 look QB who gets happy feet.  The NFL is a passing league.....

IMO, the best QB is one that is a pocket passer with good pocket awareness, ability to escape the pocket, but always keeps his eyes downfield.....runs when there is no other option.

QB running for his life was 2020. Next year our OL will return healthy. We will see What Siri's game plan is. He will lean on the ground game..and he should do alright. QB with protection and a good ground game will look quite different.. I hope!.

12 minutes ago, Traveler Vic said:

QB running for his life was 2020. Next year our OL will return healthy. We will see What Siri's game plan is. He will lean on the ground game..and he should do alright. QB with protection and a good ground game will look quite different.. I hope!.

Draft a top WR like Waddle and the offense will look really good this season.

After sleeping on it I’m liking the trade, sure I’m disappointed that we will miss out on Chase or Pitts but they are still going to get a good player at 12 and now we will have 2, possibly 3 number 1 picks next year. Chase or Pitts were not going to change the outcome of this upcoming season anyway. 

The Eagles are rebuilding and the more high picks they have the better chance they’ll have rebounding quickly, that is of course Hurts becomes a decent QB, if he doesn’t they’ll have the ammo to grab a QB next year.

18 hours ago, Fresh_Prince said:

I didn't like this year's draft. We need a beast gamechanging edge rusher more than anything and this year it didn't look like there was any worth a 6  So I was in Team Trade Back.

I still wish we got more value out of this trade down, though. If the Dolphins pick isn't top 10 in the  next years draft this is a loss. And the pick tradeup  didn't even get us to the top 100 either

A game changing player at practically any position is what this team needs (and more than just one).  Having said that, picking at 6 doesn't necessarily guarantee we land one - for every Bosa and Ramsey there are probably 10 players like Corey Davis, Mitch Trubisky, John Ross, Goff, Eli Apple, etc.  

Regarding trade value,  top 4 picks are obviously the highest value picks (400 points separate each).  Once you get below 4 only 100 separate each pick through 8.  The difference between 6 and 3 is the value of a late 1st rd pick (the value to move from 12 to 6 is equivalent to a mid 2nd rd pick).  To move from 6 down to 12 (and factoring in the pick swap getting a 4th for one of our 5ths) we recovered approximately 380 points (the same value of a mid 2nd rd pick).  We received a 2022 1st - taking into consideration you lose the value of one round when trading a future pick, if we end up with that first being 20 we broke even.  Two picks higher (18) we basically are on the plus side with the value of an additional 4th rd pick, 3 higher the value of a late 3rd, etc.  This is probably how Howie looks at all this.  

The difference between picks 3 and 12 is 1000 points.  That is the value of a mid 1st rd pick.  So for SF to give up their 2022 1st (again since it is a future pick you look at the value of a current 2nd rd), a 3rd rd comp, and a 2023 1st, I'd say SF got the better end of that deal.  

2 hours ago, Traveler Vic said:

Being a pessimist is Healthy, but in no way will it affect who really is on the board. If you look strictly at Position values and the needs of the team..picking Miami DE or Perkins DE is not the best use of resources as they are both underpowered and undersized. Not a good DE class. However a top CB or OT will do a lot for the defense or offense. I am slightly worried about the top WR not being durable in the NFL.

Kwity Paye will be the pick. Book it now.

10 minutes ago, Vortex said:

Still holding out hope that either Chase or Pitts is there at 12.  If not then hoping for one of the top CBs (Horn or Surtain).  We desperately need top end talent there.  Right now we have an aging Slay and nothing else.  A game changing pass rusher in the mold of Bosa or Garrett would be huge but Paye or Rousseau seem to be more Barnett-like ... good but not great.  

4 minutes ago, Han Solo said:

Did Chase have his pro day yet?

He opted out, teams are evaluating his 8th grade workout film

17 hours ago, time2rock said:

Maybe Howie is trying to put us in a position to get Watson and not necessarily using those picks to draft one.  

I haven't lived in Philly in a long time, is the Asian Massage Parlor Chop Stix still open on Spring Garden? LMFAO

6 hours ago, kentwo said:

First, it is your opinion that they are close in projected performance. Secondly, now you are relying on luck that one of them fall to you. So instead of missing out on the next Julio, you have a a good chance of missing out on all three of them.  

Yep. Lost all cred there. That's why the Eagles suck now, no elite players at any position. 

Ok then go be a fan of another team.  Bye. 

6 hours ago, Eagleblood52 said:

..no mobile Qb has won a Super Bowl..they get figured out or they get hurt. That’s dumb. 

Russell Wilson and Steve Young would disagree

The possibility of having 3 1st rounders next year makes this trade ok for me. Missing out on the top WRs for this drat will be a bit dissapointing, but who knows, very good ones will be there next year too (hopefully).

Slept on it.

So I really wanted Chase.  And with Miami trading out of #3, I thought there was a legit shot he falls to us at #6.

But my mantra has been "trade for 2022 picks", and this does that.  Having potentially 3 picks in the first next year is great.  So if they go BPA at 12, I'm good.  If they trade down for more 2022 picks, I'm good.

Oh, and the chart says we gained over 600 points, which is nice.

1 hour ago, Vortex said:

^^^^^this.    I think the trade back, if it results in 3 first round picks next year and Quity Paye next month, will be regarded be a terrific move down the road. It could be the key to the rebuild over the next couple of years. Yeah, we want (yet another) big time WR and all that splashy stuff, but building through draft capital is how NFL teams sustain winning. 

3 hours ago, Breeze 44 said:

My only problem is we got the short end on value for the 6 pick... to only get a 4th but giving up the 5th to do it was not 

good value.  I believe we need the extra picks but needed earlier then a 4 or not given the 5th

Guess you’re forgetting about the 2022 1st rounder...

If you’re expecting 4 QB’s in the top 11 (I think it could possibly be 5 of them), that will leave 1 of the following (2 of them if a 5th QB goes in top 11) on the board at 12:

Sewell

Chase

Pitts

Smith

Waddle

Slater

Surtain

Farley

Personally I like Horn over Surtain/Farley but they are slotted higher in most mocks. We are still getting a very good player, bought our way back into round 4 and set ourselves up to possibly have three 1st rounders next year. Personally I like the trade. Imagine if they can pull something like this off:

1A9FDDDC-9A85-44FB-BF18-13BCF74FC71E.png

20 hours ago, Procus said:

My biggest fear was that the Eagles were going to overthink this, and what do they do?  They overthink it.

Just blew a chance at drafting a beast at No. 6 overall.  Great way to lose interest in the team.

I'd rather have the 12th pick this year and 3 first rounders next year....

20 hours ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

Good news: We're not drafting a QB in the first!

The bad news is Howie will draft the 20th rated player because Lurie has a boner for him.

15 minutes ago, Heavywchamp said:

I'd rather have the 12th pick this year and 3 first rounders next year....

Exactly...with the caveat that Howie is locked in the basement with no cell phone during the draft and the scouts actually get to make the picks!!!

20 hours ago, Procus said:

Everybody is assuming 3 first rounders next year.  Wentz is very capable of getting injured and not getting in the requisite number of snaps.

He's also capable of playing at least 75% which he has at least done his entire career. That's all we need from him although I think he'll ball out in Indy

5 minutes ago, NYEagle said:

Exactly...with the caveat that Howie is locked in the basement with no cell phone during the draft and the scouts actually get to make the picks!!!

PS...and Mr. Lurie's wife is sitting on Mr. Lurie's face....

Kwity Paye does not impress me enough for the 12th pick

9 hours ago, Diehardfan said:

Someone great will go one spot before them. This is the same old Howie BS trying to out smart everyone. 

Whoever goes at 6 is a lock for HOF.... just because. Highly likely Chase.

6 minutes ago, NYEagle said:

The possibilities are endless with draft capital next year. More than likely this team will suck again this season and have no worse than their own top 10 pick. Having 2 other 1st rounders they can move up into top 5 or better category giving them 2 top 10 picks next year. 

Archived