Eagles trade pick #6 and #156 to Miami for pick #12, #123, and a 2022 1st

Jenkins27

38 minutes ago, Procus said:

More like they feel better about Hurts plus who ever else they can draft in the first round versus Jones, Lance or Fields minus Hurts and the other player they could have taken.

this

3 hours ago, NOTW said:

Thoughts? 

I have a hard time believing the FO was completely done with Wentz after the Saints game. Maybe that was when they started considering a possibility of a trade, but I don’t think that was end of the road for them. I really believe it was mutual decision between Carson & Eagles FO for him to move on. 

As for the attempted trade up, it could be possible. I wouldn’t hate it either if it was Zach Wilson they were going for, guy has great potential. You have to get the QB position right. But it’s also smoke season. And Eagles check into everything.  We don’t know if the rumors of the attempted trade up are true, but it did come from Rapoport who has good credibility. 

6 hours ago, NOTW said:

Thoughts? 

Well the message would have sounded better, if it came out like this:

After the first 2 games against Saints & Cardinals, the Eagles FO wanted to get rid of Wentz, as Jalen Hurts played lights out. However after the last 2, they wanted to more time to assess whether trading Wentz was the right call or not. Only the Dallas game comes to question were Jalen Hurts performed sub par, the Washington game cannot be taken into consideration as the team was playing to lose.

Anyway what this tells me if the above tweet is true,  Eagles FO doesn't have a clue what they are doing (no surprise here, everyone knows this) if you are this impatient and willing to write off a young kid, who you invested a high draft pick on with zero NFL experience, who had no training camp, no preseason on a chaotic year, shows EAGLES FO is not that much different than how Danny Boi and the Washington Football team runs things.

I see why Howie did it as a lot of people are calling it good business. Heck 3 first round picks next year is great but this year is going to be tough. 

8 hours ago, NOTW said:

Thoughts? 

The NFL Network walked back the "trade up”  part so this guy - whoever he is - has already proven he doesn’t have any insight.   At least stay on top of things if he’s gonna be snarky.

1 hour ago, GroundAttack said:

but this year is going to be tough. 

Nah, there is not much expectations the coming season, if we dont do well, we have a high draft pick

23 hours ago, Talonblood said:

Andy Reid would bolster the O and D Lines 1st and foremost. I hate those kinds of moves, but they aren't wrong. You start with the lines and work your way back.

It is amazing how much better everyone will perform, when you have Kelce, and healthy bodies on OL. We can actually have a ground game and sustain it..instead of Pass..run..Pass..and out. We don't need a QB to run for his life, but merely manage the game..when everyone also performs. I expect resurrection of Travis Fulgham, I expect our RBs have much better stats, Goedert can finally duplicate what Ertz did, overall a lot of good things to look for. Same goes for Defense. Once weak positions like second CB, second LB, and DE are addressed...Cover 2 will work just fine. They will not be elite on defense in 2021..but they will be better.

On 3/27/2021 at 5:27 AM, Vortex said:

Kwity Paye will be the pick. Book it now.

Why not?!? A fine prospect. Anyone who says there is not going to be any Big Talent at 12 forgets that we selected Fletcher COX at 12. (While there was a lot of big hyped up names ahead of him.) Because of all top QBs selected, There will be talent at 12 available.

On 3/27/2021 at 3:34 AM, Infam said:

Draft a top WR like Waddle and the offense will look really good this season.

Draft the best player available, and your team will be better off. 

DeSean Jackson- 5'10", 175 lbs, 4.35 in 40,

Waddle -5'10", 183 lbs, 4.3 in 40

Waddle stats are a little better..but is he a difference maker..perhaps? Perhaps he will be just as injury prone like Jackson? No one knows. I would not mind if the Eagles got him..if he drops close to 12..I will be keeping an eye on him.

11 hours ago, NOTW said:

Thoughts? 

my thoughts are,: who is Rob Maadi getting his info from?

Is his Aunt Marge Howie's PA? or is he talking to the guy who stocks shelves in Acme? It's an all new coaching staff, so I'd doubt he has anybody from coaching leaking stuff, or talking to him off the record about Hurts being "up in the air".

Lurie/Howie's not going to leak something like this, unless they are trying to set up for a choice of QB in the 1st. But, then why move back to 12?

I think it's just the silly season, and a reporter? is speculating on stuff and projecting and throwing crap against the wall. Which is also weird, because there actually is something to talk about right now.   

13 hours ago, NOTW said:

The last time they drafted a 1st round LB was in 1979.

The team has only drafted a 1st round LB 5 times in their entire history. 

1979....over 40 years ago!  That is beyond absurd.  There can't be another team that's purposefully neglected the position more.  I bet even with 3 1st round picks next year they still don't take one. 

5 minutes ago, [TSM]_PimpDaddyPain said:

1979....over 40 years ago!  That is beyond absurd.  There can't be another team that's purposefully neglected the position more.  I bet even with 3 1st round picks next year they still don't take one. 

It's crazy. 

Also what I would do is draft 3 first rounders and try to add top TALENT to the team in desperate need of young talent. 

But Howie won't do that. He'll end up trading back, package a trade up, or trade for a player. 

12 hours ago, NOTW said:

Thoughts? 

Hurts was a 2nd round pick, so that right there kind of makes it understandable they are unsure. Usually teams draft a QB in the 1st when they are looking for the franchise guy.  Teams go QB in Round 2 when they think a QB might be a franchise guy or a guy that they will groom for several years.  But, if teams have no doubt that a guy is a franchise guy, they usually won't wait until Round 2 to get him.  It's usually a luxury pick that teams make when they have almost no holes elsewhere, but Howie wanted to be a genius.   The bottom line is the Eagles need to build this roster up so that if Hurts isn't the guy, then they can make it easier for a young QB to step in to a decent situation.

12 hours ago, NOTW said:

Thoughts? 

They'd better be unsure.  He's a  2nd round pick with a handful of starts. Chances are, this team is drafting in the top 10 next year anyway, and they know it. No need to force yourself to take a QB now when there will be more opportunities ahead of us. 

12 hours ago, NOTW said:

Thoughts? 

Based on replies, glad Eagles fans are finally not believing every tweet from reporters. 

:thumbsup:

29 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Based on replies, glad Eagles fans are finally not believing every tweet from reporters. 

:thumbsup:

I guess I shouldn’t have responded at 1am after a few Tullamore Dews!  :lol:

2 minutes ago, time2rock said:

I guess I shouldn’t have responded at 1am after a few Tullamore Dews!  :lol:

No, no: drinking and posting here is a great evening! Just check out CVON Saturday nights. :lol:

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

No, no: drinking and posting here is a great evening! Just check out CVON Saturday nights. :lol:

Ok, now I finally see where you guys are coming from.. 😂

7 hours ago, GroundAttack said:

I see why Howie did it as a lot of people are calling it good business. Heck 3 first round picks next year is great but this year is going to be tough. 

3 hours ago, Traveler Vic said:

It is amazing how much better everyone will perform, when you have Kelce, and healthy bodies on OL. We can actually have a ground game and sustain it..instead of Pass..run..Pass..and out. We don't need a QB to run for his life, but merely manage the game..when everyone also performs. I expect resurrection of Travis Fulgham, I expect our RBs have much better stats, Goedert can finally duplicate what Ertz did, overall a lot of good things to look for. Same goes for Defense. Once weak positions like second CB, second LB, and DE are addressed...Cover 2 will work just fine. They will not be elite on defense in 2021..but they will be better.

I think one of the main reasons for this trade is that the D has been so neglected. Only one first round pick, one second round picks and no actual 3rd round picks spent on the D in the last 5 years - that's crazy.

Contrary to the opinion of half this board, Schwartz was a very good DC. Hopefully Gannon will be just as good if not better. But either way this D is desperate for an infusion of young talent. Gannon may just be able to hold it together this year, but our good defensive players (Cox, Graham, Slay, McLeod) are mostly 30 plus and probably won't be here in a couple of years. 

Stockpiling first rounders is a good thing and if Hurts works out, that means we don't need to blow at least 2 of them on a QB.  

3 hours ago, Traveler Vic said:

Draft the best player available, and your team will be better off. 

DeSean Jackson- 5'10", 175 lbs, 4.35 in 40,

Waddle -5'10", 183 lbs, 4.3 in 40

Waddle stats are a little better..but is he a difference maker..perhaps? Perhaps he will be just as injury prone like Jackson? No one knows. I would not mind if the Eagles got him..if he drops close to 12..I will be keeping an eye on him.

My issue with Waddle is he is similar to Reagor. 

Both are Z receivers. Waddle has the better ceiling, hands, and has performed at a high level in the SEC, but are you spending back to back first round picks on similar WRs? 

Chase would've been different and even Smith's route running and tree separates him from Waddle/Reagor. 

10 minutes ago, kentwo said:

My issue with Waddle is he is similar to Reagor. 

I don't disagree but... I think Waddle could perhaps do a little more? And perhaps Reagor could move inside and play slot?

11 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I don't disagree but... I think Waddle could perhaps do a little more? And perhaps Reagor could move inside and play slot?

That's true, but it seems like a lot of draft capital to put into those positions. 

Chase would've been a true X, but he'll be gone. 

Here's my opinion based on recent events:

Eagles send scouts to watch Wilson. Appear to be interested in him at 6 or possibly to move up to get him. Niners trade up to 3 ending all possibilities of getting Wilson, so instead of waiting till the draft gets closer, the Eagles take an early trade to move down. Perhaps trying to keep ahead of the curve since the top three picks are locked in a QB they did not predict as big a rush to trade up as there could have been if the niners had not made the move. 

By trading down, they gave up chances to get Chase or Pitts. Waddle and to a lesser extent Smith are similar to what they drafted last year in Reagor. None of them appear physical enough to beat coverage and create separation outside without a lot of motion. The Colts play majority of their offensive snaps out of 11 personnel and Siri is supposedly going heavy into the West coast style of offense. Allowing the inference that they are not interested in Smith or Waddle (they really needed a quality X to open up that side of the field, but not sure who that would be now). OT is a possibility, but if they really wanted it they should have stayed at six and maybe Sewell falls. DE prospects this year do not appear to be elite (yet). Thus, CB appears to be the pick. There should be at least one or two of the three there. Reports seem to suggest they are high on Horn and Surtain based on their pro-days, but who knows. 

Barring another trade, I think CB will be the pick. 

4 hours ago, NOTW said:

It's crazy. 

Also what I would do is draft 3 first rounders and try to add top TALENT to the team in desperate need of young talent. 

But Howie won't do that. He'll end up trading back, package a trade up, or trade for a player. 

I don’t know why you’re assuming Howie won’t do that, given that he just made a trade that indicates he knows the team needs an influx of a lot of young talent. People talk out of both sides of their mouth when criticizing Howie.

2 minutes ago, vaff said:

I don’t know why you’re assuming Howie won’t do that, given that he just made a trade that indicates he knows the team needs an influx of a lot of young talent. People talk out of both sides of their mouth when criticizing Howie.

History. Howie likes the extra picks but he likes using them in trades.

Archived