Eagles trade pick #6 and #156 to Miami for pick #12, #123, and a 2022 1st

Jenkins27

3 hours ago, kentwo said:

That's only if they get really lucky. Most people project the Colts to be in the playoffs and the Dolphins to be around the playoff tier. So if that happens their two first round picks will be near the 20's. Trading those two picks won't move back into the top five. Just look at everything the niners had to give up to move from 12 to three. It will take way more to move from 20 to five. 

Unless Hurts is really really bad, the Eagles will probably be around 5-6 win team, which would be picks 7-12 based on this year's draft.

There's no way to know what effect the new regime will have. If Doug and his crew were still here we could maybe project with some degree of confidence.  Siri and his crowd? I don't really know what to expect. Could be a clown show, could look like an NFL team.

4 hours ago, Random Reglar said:

6  -   1600

12 -   1200

next years first - 420

123    - 49

156 -   30

1600 + 30 (1630) = 1200 + 420 + 49 (1669)

trade was close,  fair,  in keeping with jimmy johnson trade value points.

the Eagles were a little ahead on points,  1669 to 1630.  

Thanks - but the post I was responding to omitted the 22 first rounder

9 hours ago, Heavywchamp said:

I'd rather have the 12th pick this year and 3 first rounders next year....

Assuming the Colts first rounder kicks in

14 hours ago, Heavywchamp said:

He's also capable of playing at least 75% which he has at least done his entire career. That's all we need from him although I think he'll ball out in Indy

Did he play 75% in 2018?  No. 

2020?  No. 

Barely reached 75% in 2017. 

Means three out of his five years in the league, he missed significant playing time.

23 hours ago, bigdog54 said:

Ok but than if Wentz doesn’t reach his markers it’s because he sucked.

Injury is much more likely than suckage behind that OL and with that coaching staff. 

On 3/26/2021 at 5:38 PM, D-Shiznit said:

Yeah, at that point just take Parsons, he's a stub LB waiting to happen.

The Eagles drafting a stud LB with a 1st round pick.  If that actually happens I know it's the end of the world as we know it 🤣

12 minutes ago, [TSM]_PimpDaddyPain said:

The Eagles drafting a stud LB with a 1st round pick.  If that actually happens I know it's the end of the world as we know it 🤣

The last time they drafted a 1st round LB was in 1979.

The team has only drafted a 1st round LB 5 times in their entire history. 

I cringe when grown men call other grown men studs. 

That's all lol

2 hours ago, NOTW said:

Screenshot_20210327-183635_Chrome.jpg

Im not ecstatic about it as i really wanted Pitts/Chase but howie is stock piling on picks. Can't hate on the effort to truly rebuild. 

6 hours ago, Random Reglar said:

Russell Wilson is a running QB, and he won the Super Bowl.

Wilson is not a run first qb...like Vick, like Newton, like hurtz...

13 hours ago, psychodog said:

Russell Wilson and Steve Young would disagree

Steve young?!!!...lmfao...

11 hours ago, NYEagle said:

Or how about this.....Mr. Lurie....with all do respect, can you tell me which team has drafted the fewest Pro-Bowl players over the past 5 years?

We won sb 2017... F probowl players.

3 hours ago, NOTW said:

Screenshot_20210327-183635_Chrome.jpg

The trade up attempt never even happened, and the other three were all good decisions. Joke is on you really.

14 minutes ago, EagleMatt said:

We won sb 2017... F probowl players.

Just because players like Goedert and Sanders didn't make the silly pro bowl doesn't make them bad picks. Such a lazy argument.

40 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Thoughts? 

Well I don't think we can really give Hurts a proper evaluation with only 4 starts under his belt. A grade of "incomplete" sounds about right. 

I'm glad they didn't trade up for a QB, because the surrounding team can use improvement regardless of who lines up under center. Better to wait a year or two until the right prospect rolls around and have a stronger team to work with than to reach for someone who may not be that much better than Hurts.

8 hours ago, NOTW said:

Thoughts? 

Thoughts??  I think there is likely some truth to that, and perfectly illustrates just how much the highest level of this organization has no idea what they are doing.  They don't have a single plan they are trying to execute and are focused on that.  It's the same as trying to complete a rebuild to try to put ourselves in the best position possible to become competitive again in the not so distant future AND making moves thinking they can compete this year.  

2 hours ago, NOTW said:

The last time they drafted a 1st round LB was in 1979.

The team has only drafted a 1st round LB 5 times in their entire history. 

Concrete Charlie wasn't such a bad no. 1 pick at linebacker.

Bil Bergey cost the team two no. 1s and then some.

2 hours ago, NOTW said:

Thoughts? 

Right or wrong, I think we place too much importance on tweets from beat reporters. 

Of course the Eagles are unsure about Hurts.  But he is a young player with potential, flashed at times on the field as a rookie, and handled himself well in the locker room - so since they really have nothing else going right now at the QB position, he's the flavor of the moment.  Don't think for a second that the Eagles won't go hard for another QB if Hurts can't get it done.

59 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Thoughts? 

Smart. There shouldn't be a consensus on Hurts at this point. He's a 2nd Rd pick with 4 starts under his belt. If Eagles see a clear upgrade they should shoot their shot.

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

Thoughts? 

They aren’t THAT unsure. They at the very least feel better about him than Jones, Lance and Fields. So there’s that?

15 hours ago, NYEagle said:

I just want to start with having no where near the room when picks are being made.....I don't mind the trade, I even understand why and how we got in the cap situation...but his draft picks have been horrid.  Let the scouts pick......I'd love to be able to ask Lurie a follow up question to that stupid f'ing answer he gave about us not being in the draft room and understanding that the player(s) they wanted were picked a couple ahead of where they picked!!  I'm sorry, you don't have a back up plan?  Oh...and I'm sorry, you took Reagor, a WR and yet the next pick was a WR that was an All-Pro as a rookie?  I'm sorry, you picked JJ, a WR, and Metcalf is still there?  Doesn't that tell you Mr. Lurie that you have no idea how to or who to pick?????  If you pick a position, and that player sucked, yet right after, the same position yields All-Pros.....umm....you want to tell me again that you have confidence in the people/person in charge of the drafting?

I actually have zero confidence in Howie involved in the draft. I'm trying to make myself feel better the Eagles aren't picking 6th.

2 hours ago, NOTW said:

Thoughts? 

So they "considered" trading up for a QB. Well, as did almost every other team. 

Consider all your options, then do the right thing and trade down. All good.

This is a story too juicy to let go. Media already loves it too much to bash the Eagles, and fans pay them for it. Of course they will go with the flamatory news over nothing no matter what the truth is. But I don't believe for a second they tried to go to 3 to pick Zach Wilson, it's absurd. And it is telling how the wording on it from actual reporters gets softer by the day. But hey like I said: bashing the Eagles pays. Saying they did it right doesn't.

44 minutes ago, Thrive said:

They aren’t THAT unsure. They at the very least feel better about him than Jones, Lance and Fields. So there’s that?

More like they feel better about Hurts plus who ever else they can draft in the first round versus Jones, Lance or Fields minus Hurts and the other player they could have taken.

3 hours ago, Eagleblood52 said:

Wilson is not a run first qb...like Vick, like Newton, like hurtz...

Steve young?!!!...lmfao...

Running QB is a QB who runs and the way you measure that is rushing yards.

Russell Wilson ran for 849 yards one year.  That's one of the highest totals for a QB ever.  Vicks record was 1000+, Lamar is at 1200+.   Wilson's up there.  Rushing yards = running QB.

Archived