Eagles trade pick #6 and #156 to Miami for pick #12, #123, and a 2022 1st

Jenkins27

1 hour ago, Diehardfan said:

You think Carson will be healthy for 75% of the snaps?

Yes I do, but I also think even if he’s healthy he has the potential to win only 5-7 games too. 

4 hours ago, eglz1 said:

I think Nick wanted to go someplace where he had a shot to start as well. Who can blame him?

Can’t blame Nick for that, but I also know Wentz was pleased the guy was gone too. 

5 hours ago, Heavywchamp said:

The possibilities are endless with draft capital next year. More than likely this team will suck again this season and have no worse than their own top 10 pick. Having 2 other 1st rounders they can move up into top 5 or better category giving them 2 top 10 picks next year. 

That's only if they get really lucky. Most people project the Colts to be in the playoffs and the Dolphins to be around the playoff tier. So if that happens their two first round picks will be near the 20's. Trading those two picks won't move back into the top five. Just look at everything the niners had to give up to move from 12 to three. It will take way more to move from 20 to five. 

Unless Hurts is really really bad, the Eagles will probably be around 5-6 win team, which would be picks 7-12 based on this year's draft.

27 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I found four sites after you posted that last night that he wasn’t even ranked in the top 40.

So you are saying that just like future salary caps it is subjective?

I mean these links were the first couple I saw.

13 hours ago, Eagleblood52 said:

We got into cap hell because we had a qb and then some dumb ass thought I’ll just draft another mobile qb to win us another big game....no mobile Qb has won a Super Bowl..they get figured out or they get hurt. That’s dumb. And why we are in cap hell...shoulda traded hurtz...stop over paying for aging veterans and for F sake stop reaching in the draft

Russell Wilson is a running QB, and he won the Super Bowl.

4 hours ago, NOTW said:

On paper it's a good deal, and with a competent GM who can draft well it would help build the team with solid talent. 

I just have a hard time missing out on potential stud players because after the top 10 Howie isn't good. He will draft an ok player or a JAG. 

Howie needs a high pick that's more of a "no brainer" pick. 

He is more interested in trades and draft capital, and Lurie will think this is genius. But they need this year and next year's 1st round picks to be GREAT, not just JAGs.

Will Howie make truly GREAT draft picks?

History says NO. 

His last top 10 pick - also considered a no brainer at the time - was Wentz.  And as we all know the Wentz fiasco is arguably the biggest personnel disaster in Philly sports history.      

32 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I’m still in the there is no reason to draft a backup quarterback in the second round camp. If they were so down on Suds then why did they even bring him back twice? Heck they have been grooming that guy for over three years and that’s the best he looked? Also Hurts was a raw talent and his play style is completely different from Wentz. If Wentz went down did they really expect him to come in and win a playoff or two for them? If a rookie Hurts came into that Seattle playoff  game does he win that? I don’t think so. We saw what happened when Hurts came in for Wentz and it wasn’t much better. If Wentz played anything like he did in 2019 (and to me it wasn’t as good of a year as some people think) Hurts looks a lot worse. Just more of the same trying to be smarter than everyone else, and ultimately it made them look foolish. The aftermath of this decision was a rapid decline in Wentz, which made him force his way out, firing the head coach, and now the Eagles are stuck with a quarterback that has everyone questioning if the Eagles even like him. Finally those wildcard plays did nothing for the Eagles at all. 

37 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Yes I do, but I also think even if he’s healthy he has the potential to win only 5-7 games too. 

That would be best case scenario ... Wentz stays healthy plays >75% of the snaps and they only win 5-7 games giving us what likely would be a top 10 pick.  

On 3/26/2021 at 2:14 PM, time2rock said:

We already have a league most 11 picks in 2021. 

You got  problem wit dat?

The more the merrier.

7 hours ago, psychodog said:

Russell Wilson and Steve Young would disagree

Both those guys are mobile. I'm not sure either would be termed a "running quarterback". They buy time waiting for a receiver to get open. Somebody like Cam Newton would be my definition of a running quarterback, called runs.

21 minutes ago, eglz1 said:

Both those guys are mobile. I'm not sure either would be termed a "running quarterback". They buy time waiting for a receiver to get open. Somebody like Cam Newton would be my definition of a running quarterback, called runs.

hmmmm....respectfully disagree

35 minutes ago, eglz1 said:

Wentz was considered a mobile QB early in his career.

so far this offseason, we have traded Wentz, cut some guys, restructured others, signed Flacco and a safety and now traded down - do the Eagles think we are actually excited?  Not.

59 minutes ago, time2rock said:

That would be best case scenario ... Wentz stays healthy plays >75% of the snaps and they only win 5-7 games giving us what likely would be a top 10 pick.  

But at what point would they bench Wentz to preserve the pick?

7 minutes ago, Miami said:

so far this offseason, we have traded Wentz, cut some guys, restructured others, signed Flacco and a safety and now traded down - do the Eagles think we are actually excited?  Not.

The Eagles shouldn’t be concerned about the fans excitement level. They should be concerned about building a long-term winning team.

6 hours ago, eglz1 said:

I'm in the Hurts was drafted to be a better-than-average backup not  named Nick Foles camp. Gadget play potential was a bonus. I'm pretty sure the FO was well aware of Wentz' availability late in the season previous years. They wanted somebody better than Suds if the backup has to start the last games of the season and any playoff games. We saw in the 4 th quarter of week 17 what Suds had to offer.

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

I’m still in the there is no reason to draft a backup quarterback in the second round camp. If they were so down on Suds then why did they even bring him back twice? Heck they have been grooming that guy for over three years and that’s the best he looked? Also Hurts was a raw talent and his play style is completely different from Wentz. If Wentz went down did they really expect him to come in and win a playoff or two for them? If a rookie Hurts came into that Seattle playoff  game does he win that? I don’t think so. We saw what happened when Hurts came in for Wentz and it wasn’t much better. If Wentz played anything like he did in 2019 (and to me it wasn’t as good of a year as some people think) Hurts looks a lot worse. Just more of the same trying to be smarter than everyone else, and ultimately it made them look foolish. The aftermath of this decision was a rapid decline in Wentz, which made him force his way out, firing the head coach, and now the Eagles are stuck with a quarterback that has everyone questioning if the Eagles even like him. Finally those wildcard plays did nothing for the Eagles at all. 

There is no doubt in my mind that Hurts was drafted as an alternative to Wentz, not as a back-up. Drafting a back-up in the second makes zero sense, as firstly it's unlikely a player like Hurts can contribute in his rookie year and secondly, if he's any good, you won't be able to pay him and will probably need to trade him after year 3.

He was brought in as an alternative to Wentz.

2 minutes ago, vaff said:

You think Reich would risk fracturing Wentz’s fragile ego?  I’d guess he’d let him try to play his way through whatever struggles he was experiencing but who knows.  

Now watch Indy use their 2nd rd pick on a QB! :lol:

3 minutes ago, vaff said:

2 minutes ago, vaff said:

The Eagles shouldn’t be concerned about the fans excitement level. They should be concerned about building a long-term winning team.

11 minutes ago, Miami said:

Wentz is so fragile, I'm hoping even if he plays badly that Reich doesn't bench him. 

Yeah - if you start listening to the fans, you'll be sitting with them.

Those are the two we all wanted at 6, but would they necessarily have been there?

A lot of mocks are projecting Pitts to Atlanta at 4. Give them one last Super Bowl run attempt with Ryan.

It's clear the Dolphins weren't doing that deal with San Fran without being able to move back into the top 6. (Despite what some people on this board think - the Eagles Dolphins trade was clearly already agree in principle before Miami committed to giving up 3)  Seems pretty obvious they are targeting Chase and probably would have taken him at 3 if they stayed put. 

Plus throw in the Bengals. A lot of people are assuming they go O-Line, but reuniting Burrow and Chase has to be tempting. 

For those who wanted Chase, he probably wasn't going to be there if Miami stayed put. Pitts may not have been. 

This was good value and the right move. 

29 minutes ago, Miami said:

You're not excited by missing out on an elite player to take a JAG but have 3 picks next year? 

Or by a green rookie HC whose best answer for his qualifications is that he grew up in a football family and his brother is a HS coach? 

Or salary cap issues? 

Go birds! 

Here's a fun way to understand the trade assuming the Eagles pick around the same place next year, Dolphins are in the early teens and Colts in the 19-22 range.  Next year, the first round will be like the Eagles are adding the equivalent talent of Ja'Marr Chase, Jaycee Horn, and Trevon Moehring.

31 minutes ago, NOTW said:

You're not excited by missing out on an elite player to take a JAG but have 3 picks next year? 

Or by a green rookie HC whose best answer for his qualifications is that he grew up in a football family and his brother is a HS coach? 

Or salary cap issues? 

Go birds! 

2022 = J3Gs?

23 minutes ago, Peppersmacks said:

Here's a fun way to understand the trade assuming the Eagles pick around the same place next year, Dolphins are in the early teens and Colts in the 19-22 range.  Next year, the first round will be like the Eagles are adding the equivalent talent of Ja'Marr Chase, Jaycee Horn, and Trevon Moehring.

Yep. We manage to hit on our top 3 picks this year combined with our picks next season, we could have a young, cheap, talented group.

2 hours ago, eglz1 said:

And both of those guys have cannons for an arm...Hurts..not so much.

Archived