Eagles trade pick #6 and #156 to Miami for pick #12, #123, and a 2022 1st

Jenkins27

5 hours ago, Traveler Vic said:

At 12 because of all the QBs selected..someone will slide. Someone People were dreaming of ...like a top WR or CB will be there. I do not want to praise Howie on Tate..because that is a grounds for crucifixion..but if the top QB they wanted was not going to be there...moving back was a shrewd move. The only  dilemma I see if Waddle or Smithy WRs,  or Surtain and Farley CBs who could be still on the board..and Howie selects one of the top OTs..Tate will explode. People Love skill positions! But at 12 there are plenty of good players including OT who will do more for this team than another skill player. We will see how it turns out..But Selecting another DE, DT, OT,G, CB, S, LB is what rebuilding the team is all about. I Love top WR and RBs..but sometimes you have to rebuild and having more picks and possibly 3 1st round picks next year..will do that.

Andy Reid would bolster the O and D Lines 1st and foremost. I hate those kinds of moves, but they aren't wrong. You start with the lines and work your way back.

10 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

Andy Reid would bolster the O and D Lines 1st and foremost. I hate those kinds of moves, but they aren't wrong. You start with the lines and work your way back.

I just want to start with having no where near the room when picks are being made.....I don't mind the trade, I even understand why and how we got in the cap situation...but his draft picks have been horrid.  Let the scouts pick......I'd love to be able to ask Lurie a follow up question to that stupid f'ing answer he gave about us not being in the draft room and understanding that the player(s) they wanted were picked a couple ahead of where they picked!!  I'm sorry, you don't have a back up plan?  Oh...and I'm sorry, you took Reagor, a WR and yet the next pick was a WR that was an All-Pro as a rookie?  I'm sorry, you picked JJ, a WR, and Metcalf is still there?  Doesn't that tell you Mr. Lurie that you have no idea how to or who to pick?????  If you pick a position, and that player sucked, yet right after, the same position yields All-Pros.....umm....you want to tell me again that you have confidence in the people/person in charge of the drafting?

Or how about this.....Mr. Lurie....with all do respect, can you tell me which team has drafted the fewest Pro-Bowl players over the past 5 years?

18 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

The problem is that they’re not even showing that they want to even give the "insurance policy” a chance. First off they’ve been rap less than committed in words and actions towards Hurts. Heck even Joe Flacco said he wasn’t here to be a mentor to Hurts. He’s almost implying they’ve told him he has a real chance to be the starter. Then they’re reports they actually tried to trade up and there have been reports they’re heavily in on Watson. Picking up 3 potential 1st round picks in 2022 sure is a lot of ammo to throw at a trade. So if they don’t really believe in Hurts why draft him at all?  

I'm in the Hurts was drafted to be a better-than-average backup not  named Nick Foles camp. Gadget play potential was a bonus. I'm pretty sure the FO was well aware of Wentz' availability late in the season previous years. They wanted somebody better than Suds if the backup has to start the last games of the season and any playoff games. We saw in the 4 th quarter of week 17 what Suds had to offer.

18 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

I agree with that. With that being the case this is a circumstance where they just got rid of the SB MVP because of the serious shadow he casted over Wentz. They also knew how all that effected Wentz and what do they do? The very next season they created the same issues. On top of that their current actions suggest they still haven’t learned. The quarterback factory is out of control. 

I think Nick wanted to go someplace where he had a shot to start as well. Who can blame him?

32 minutes ago, NYEagle said:

Or how about this.....Mr. Lurie....with all do respect, can you tell me which team has drafted the fewest Pro-Bowl players over the past 5 years?

You need to write him a letter. He doesn't read the main threads. 

On paper it's a good deal, and with a competent GM who can draft well it would help build the team with solid talent. 

I just have a hard time missing out on potential stud players because after the top 10 Howie isn't good. He will draft an ok player or a JAG. 

Howie needs a high pick that's more of a "no brainer" pick. 

He is more interested in trades and draft capital, and Lurie will think this is genius. But they need this year and next year's 1st round picks to be GREAT, not just JAGs.

Will Howie make truly GREAT draft picks?

History says NO. 

27 minutes ago, NOTW said:

On paper it's a good deal, and with a competent GM who can draft well it would help build the team with solid talent. 

I just have a hard time missing out on potential stud players because after the top 10 Howie isn't good. He will draft an ok player or a JAG. 

He is more interested in trades and draft capital, and Lurie will think this is genius. But they need this year and next year's 1st round picks to be GREAT, not just JAGs.

History says NO. 

Exactly. Well said.

He did need a no brainer pick and trading back just gives him more of a chance to absolutely blow it. His record is horrible and I have zero faith in him at this point. Sadly, I'm not sure we'll see them improve anytime soon because the guy who broke them is the one trying to fix them. I can't stand the guy at all.

Everyone is gonna really be pissed when we get on the clock and it runs all the way down and then shows the eagles traded the picks and moved back to....

1 hour ago, NYEagle said:

But, Lurie said himself in the last presser that he evaluates Howie based on if other teams draft players that Howie likes so Lurie isn't going to view that as a criticism.  He is going to offer Howie a second lifetime contract, just in case Howie is reincarnated.  Lurie probably wants to have Howie cloned so that he can have his own personal Howie everywhere he goes...a Howie chauffeur...a Howie postman...a Howie drycleaner...a Howie gardener...and on and on.  He can't get enough Howie.

I don’t know why DeVonta Smith is suddenly being overlooked. Yeah, he’s skinny, but he’s ****ing good. It seems like he’s pretty likely to be available at pick #12, and I would be happy if he’s the pick.

19 minutes ago, vaff said:

I don’t know why DeVonta Smith is suddenly being overlooked. Yeah, he’s skinny, but he’s ****ing good. It seems like he’s pretty likely to be available at pick #12, and I would be happy if he’s the pick.

If we are able to get him and picked up a first next year I would be thrilled... I would have been happy with Smith at 6...

2 hours ago, Talonblood said:

Fans love WR's and RB's in the draft, especially with fantasy football being so big these days. Games are won and lost on the lines though. More often than not the teams that have the most success are the teams who have a good to great QB and win the battles in the trenches. The SB this year for example was won because the Chiefs OL was banged up and the Bucs owned them and got constant pressure on Mahomes.

25 minutes ago, vaff said:

Someone will trade up to 11 and snag him

On 3/26/2021 at 11:42 AM, EaglesRocker97 said:

I'm not great at pick values, but at first glance, this seems like a decent swap. Or am I crazy?

I’m down with it. We’re realistically looking at 3 first round picks next season. Can’t beat that IMO...

12 hours ago, D-Shiznit said:

If the choice ends up being Chase at #6, or Smith/Waddle at 12 + a 2022 first, then this a home run for us.

Pray there are a few "Al Davis" type picks.  

21 minutes ago, Birdman said:

I’m down with it. We’re realistically looking at 3 first round picks next season. Can’t beat that IMO...

You think Carson will be healthy for 75% of the snaps?

2 hours ago, NOTW said:

History says NO. 

The most annoying thing about Roseman remaining here amidst the housecleaning (a loaded comment, I know) is when you watch a really competent GM like Chris Grier building something from scratch in Miami and how he has worked the last couple of drafts.       

He potentially already has his franchise QB as well as a talented roster coming off a 10-6 season, and five 1st's, four 2nd's and four 3rd's over the next three drafts, including #6 and #18 this year helped by fleecing Roseman to get back into the top 10.           

Or Lynch in SF - got to a SB they should have won, decided that Garoppolo isn't the guy, and works his way back into the top three to get another top QB.          Oh, and he didn't butcher his roster post-SB like Roseman, as the Niners might just be a QB away from competing for one again.

Meanwhile, the Eagles have a 1st, a 2nd, and two 3rds this year, but managed to get out of a spot where even Roseman might have been able to pick a difference maker.        Now it's beyond a crap shoot.           So he'll pick a lineman, probably the safest bet, and then we have his stellar track record to count on to add any skill players or secondary guys that might be more than JAGs.             

That's what makes watching this so difficult, the fact that there are really good young savvy minds around the league that other franchises are scooping up while Lurie hands this clown the job of resurrecting the very same roster that he himself decimated. 

2 hours ago, CaliEagle said:

But, Lurie said himself in the last presser that he evaluates Howie based on if other teams draft players that Howie likes so Lurie isn't going to view that as a criticism.  He is going to offer Howie a second lifetime contract, just in case Howie is reincarnated.  Lurie probably wants to have Howie cloned so that he can have his own personal Howie everywhere he goes...a Howie chauffeur...a Howie postman...a Howie drycleaner...a Howie gardener...and on and on.  He can't get enough Howie.

How do we know he doesn't have Roseman doing all of these things already, which is the real reason he can't let him go?           Maybe he does such a killer job on the laundry and rose garden that it makes up for his deficiencies as a GM.

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

@pallidrone still waiting for you to tell me who that top 10 free agent is that we signed ??

Sorry was busy. Simple google search here.

Anthony Harris

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-2021-free-agency-top-100-free-agents

Ranked 7th here

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/amp/nfl/news/nfl-free-agency-2021-rankings-top-players-signings/rlkvwo4o8n2h1alsqclgplvqu

Ranked 8th here

1 minute ago, pallidrone said:

I found four sites after you posted that last night that he wasn’t even ranked in the top 40.

16 hours ago, Procus said:

How can the difference between 6 and 12 be in OUR favor when we traded DOWN.  It's in Miami's favor, not ours.

6  -   1600

12 -   1200

next years first - 420

123    - 49

156 -   30

1600 + 30 (1630) = 1200 + 420 + 49 (1669)

trade was close,  fair,  in keeping with jimmy johnson trade value points.

the Eagles were a little ahead on points,  1669 to 1630.  

4 hours ago, eglz1 said:

I'm in the Hurts was drafted to be a better-than-average backup not  named Nick Foles camp. Gadget play potential was a bonus. I'm pretty sure the FO was well aware of Wentz' availability late in the season previous years. They wanted somebody better than Suds if the backup has to start the last games of the season and any playoff games. We saw in the 4 th quarter of week 17 what Suds had to offer.

I’m still in the there is no reason to draft a backup quarterback in the second round camp. If they were so down on Suds then why did they even bring him back twice? Heck they have been grooming that guy for over three years and that’s the best he looked? Also Hurts was a raw talent and his play style is completely different from Wentz. If Wentz went down did they really expect him to come in and win a playoff or two for them? If a rookie Hurts came into that Seattle playoff  game does he win that? I don’t think so. We saw what happened when Hurts came in for Wentz and it wasn’t much better. If Wentz played anything like he did in 2019 (and to me it wasn’t as good of a year as some people think) Hurts looks a lot worse. Just more of the same trying to be smarter than everyone else, and ultimately it made them look foolish. The aftermath of this decision was a rapid decline in Wentz, which made him force his way out, firing the head coach, and now the Eagles are stuck with a quarterback that has everyone questioning if the Eagles even like him. Finally those wildcard plays did nothing for the Eagles at all. 

Archived