NFL Draft Ongoing Discussion - grade the Eagles draft

Traveler Vic

4 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

We picked OL Landon Dickerson? Who's that? 

That is a player who is ALWAYS injured- multiple major injuries and is never available for his team. That's him in a nutshell.

4 hours ago, MagicMoment said:

Another Sydney Jones project

INJURIES out the waaaazzzzzzoooooo

16 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

Hate the 2nd round pick. This guy has had MAJOR injuries and can't stay on the field at all. Availability is crucial, and this guy is never available. I thought Howie said he was don't attaining injured players? I guess he lied...again. Bad pick.

A couple years ago Howie said he wanted to get younger and not sign band-aid players.

Then he extended older players and signed players to 1 year deals. 

Howie relearns how to be a GM every year.

All three picks were great. Gotta give Howie props, he did a great job the past 2 days.

2 hours ago, Road to Victory said:

There’s no way he lasts until the 5th Rd. Many scouts had him graded as a 1st rounder. A lot of guys like Metcalf drop a round because of injury concerns. I’ve never seen a potential 1st rounder drop 4 rounds because of injury concerns. 

I think what you’re saying is probably accurate in terms of skill players and impact players, but offense of lineman? That’s a position is notorious for injuries, now you got a guy that’s had two major knee reconstruction‘s, and two major ankle surgeries to correct ligament issues.That has trouble written all over it.That has trouble written all over it.

54 minutes ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

54549016-5877-4E8D-A485-65A3C7ABDCF6.png

Completely agreed. I feel all 3 of those were reaches. Wright was a MAJOR reach. 

56 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

That is a player who is ALWAYS injured- multiple major injuries and is never available for his team. That's him in a nutshell.

But as long as he can fall back on his chosen and much beloved profession of choice, we're good... there's even a song about it.

Afrer the Williams pick they cut to the war room and it looked like Lurie was giving Howie grief.

My guess is they took LD to give Hurts an Alabama protector and make him feel comfortable.
It'll really suck to see that pick wasted if he continues to get injured.

Nothing against Williams but I wish we'd have spent our 3rd on a big explosive CB like:
ife.jpeg.5699c8a180bdd62be8f4aa7ce2ef369d.jpeg

Israel Mukuamu might be worth gambling on in the 4th rd. 6-4 with 34" arms.
With proper coaching he could be a monster.

7 minutes ago, eaglegenius said:

Afrer the Williams pick they cut to the war room and it looked like Lurie was giving Howie grief.

My guess is they took LD to give Hurts an Alabama protector and make him feel comfortable.
It'll really suck to see that pick wasted if he continues to get injured.

Nothing against Williams but I wish we'd have spent our 3rd on a big explosive CB like:
ife.jpeg.5699c8a180bdd62be8f4aa7ce2ef369d.jpeg

Israel Mukuamu might be worth gambling on in the 4th rd. 6-4 with 34" arms.
With proper coaching he could be a monster.

That was tom donohoe the senior advisor.  He wasnt happy.  Howie said it’s just an emotion and passion.  Why a Fing disaster draft so far.  I hope he’s fired on Monday. 
here’s the video 

57 minutes ago, DBW said:

That was tom donohoe the senior advisor.  He wasnt happy.  Howie said it’s just an emotion and passion.  Why a Fing disaster draft so far.  I hope he’s fired on Monday. 
here’s the video 

I mean look the video itself probably doesn't show a lot. Every draft room will have this with most picks I'm sure. But yeah Howie should be fired.

1 hour ago, DBW said:

I think what you’re saying is probably accurate in terms of skill players and impact players, but offense of lineman? That’s a position is notorious for injuries, now you got a guy that’s had two major knee reconstruction‘s, and two major ankle surgeries to correct ligament issues.That has trouble written all over it.That has trouble written all over it.

I agree. Howie definitely rolled the dice in the 2nd rd. I don’t love the pick but I don’t hate it either. I think he’s either a potential Pro-Bowler or a bust if he can’t stay healthy. You hope he can get healthy and learn from Kelce for a year and be ready to go in 2022. 

1 minute ago, Road to Victory said:

I agree. Howie definitely rolled the dice in the 2nd rd. I don’t love the pick but I don’t hate it either. I think he’s either a potential Pro-Bowler or a bust if he can’t stay healthy. You hope he can get healthy and learn from Kelce for a year and be ready to go in 2022. 

I don't hate the pick in terms of I think they've picked a good player. Dickerson at one point was being talked about as a late first pick so the value is fine. But the injuries are a concern and the overlooking of other key positions that I don't like. There were some exceptional players on the board at #37 that they passed on to take a guy who probably doesn't even play this year. Now this is a rebuild so that's OK but I think they had better options.

I feel for Gannon. He's going to lose his job because he's got nothing to work with. 

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I mean look the video itself probably doesn't show a lot. Every draft room will have this with most picks I'm sure. But yeah Howie should be fired.

No one in the room respects him except Lurie. They all paid their dues scouting players and honing their craft while Howie looks at some analytics and a 40 time and drafts a player. 

Just now, Road to Victory said:

No one in the room respects him except Lurie. They all paid their dues scouting players and honing their craft while Howie looks at some analytics and a 40 time and drafts a player. 

I mean again we don't know that. We don't know who liked these picks and who didn't. We don't know who wanted these players and who didn't. 

I remember Jack Ikegwuonu.  He was expected to be a high Round #1 pick.  But he was injured at the Combine.  So we took him in the 4th and thought it was a bargain.  He spent his first year on IR.  In the following year he was cut and re-signed to the practice squad.  A little later, when Joselio Hansen got hurt, Ikegwuonu was signed to the active roster... for one game.  then he was cut and never played again.  He was Sidney Jones before Sidney Jones was Sidney Jones.

Now we have Dickerson.

I'm just not a fan of taking any player whose write-up says anything like, "Good when he's healthy."  'Cause that just screams, "CAN'T BE TRUSTED TO BE HEALTHY."

Just now, ilikepargo said:

Now we have Dickerson.

I'm just not a fan of taking any player whose write-up says anything like, "Good when he's healthy."  'Cause that just screams, "CAN'T BE TRUSTED TO BE HEALTHY."

And that's where I'm at. I mean he tore his ACL in December so he probably sits most of this year right? Given they don't need him to start they'll be Conservative with him. Well to me that's not a good start for a player. To sit your first year. 

29 minutes ago, Vileborg said:

So Jabril Cox if he's there?

I do like Cox. A very athletic do it all kind of LB.

1 hour ago, Vileborg said:

So Jabril Cox if he's there?

I think there are still 4-5 good outside CB prospects still available. They need a #2 CB with the potential to take over for Slay. Gowan, Mukuamu, Rochell, Rodarius Williams, are all outside CBs with good to great length and athleticism. 

7 hours ago, ilikepargo said:

Now we have Dickerson.

I agree and this team can't afford to be gambling on their second round pick... The gamble should have been to hope he was there at 70 if you ask me 

The best ability is availability...I just doubt Dickerson will be available 17 games a season ever. 

The only problem with Philadelphia drafting an injured player is they believe his career is already over. Just look at guys like:

Lane Johnson --- One of the NFL's best RTs, but couldn't finish the year ... he's done.

Brandon Brooks --- Best OG in the NFL, but ... you know ... the other achilles ... never mind that he's been healthy since December 2020, he's done. 

Seumalo --- had to come back from an injury last year --- unreliable and injury prone.

Kelce --- Played hurt last year --- missed 3 or 4 snaps ... done. 

Mailata --- late season concussion and stowed on IR a year earlier with what was obviously a career ending back injury ... time bomb.

Driscoll --- injury magnet ... should retire like Alex Smith.

Reagor --- injured before the season and during ... never will be the same player.

Sanders --- hasn't played a full season ... glass.

Howard --- Clearly the shoulder/stinger is spreading.

Slay --- always dinged up --- you would think he's playing a contact sport or something ... toast. 

Hurts --- The name says it all. 

Top round 4 targets:

rhomandre stevenson

jabril cox

caden Sterns

shaun wade 

2 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

Top round 4 targets:

rhomandre stevenson

jabril cox

caden Sterns

shaun wade 

I was really hoping for a CB that can compete for CB2 from day 1 in this draft, but it's too late for that. I'm hoping for Jabril Cox with our next pick.

Archived