NFL Draft Ongoing Discussion - grade the Eagles draft

Traveler Vic

8 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

I was really hoping for a CB that can compete for CB2 from day 1 in this draft, but it's too late for that. I'm hoping for Jabril Cox with our next pick.

Jabril Cox could be a really really good player. I really like him and think he could really bring something to this defense. 

7 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

The only problem with Philadelphia drafting an injured player is they believe his career is already over. Just look at guys like:

Lane Johnson --- One of the NFL's best RTs, but couldn't finish the year ... he's done.

Brandon Brooks --- Best OG in the NFL, but ... you know ... the other achilles ... never mind that he's been healthy since December 2020, he's done. 

Seumalo --- had to come back from an injury last year --- unreliable and injury prone.

Kelce --- Played hurt last year --- missed 3 or 4 snaps ... done. 

Mailata --- late season concussion and stowed on IR a year earlier with what was obviously a career ending back injury ... time bomb.

Driscoll --- injury magnet ... should retire like Alex Smith.

Reagor --- injured before the season and during ... never will be the same player.

Sanders --- hasn't played a full season ... glass.

Howard --- Clearly the shoulder/stinger is spreading.

Slay --- always dinged up --- you would think he's playing a contact sport or something ... toast. 

Hurts --- The name says it all. 

I think the larger point is that you need to take medical history anti account when determining a players ranking in the draft. It’s not that Dickerson is a bad prospect just could have gotten more value 

51 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

The only problem with Philadelphia drafting an injured player is they believe his career is already over. Just look at guys like:

Lane Johnson --- One of the NFL's best RTs, but couldn't finish the year ... he's done.

Brandon Brooks --- Best OG in the NFL, but ... you know ... the other achilles ... never mind that he's been healthy since December 2020, he's done. 

Seumalo --- had to come back from an injury last year --- unreliable and injury prone.

Kelce --- Played hurt last year --- missed 3 or 4 snaps ... done. 

Mailata --- late season concussion and stowed on IR a year earlier with what was obviously a career ending back injury ... time bomb.

Driscoll --- injury magnet ... should retire like Alex Smith.

Reagor --- injured before the season and during ... never will be the same player.

Sanders --- hasn't played a full season ... glass.

Howard --- Clearly the shoulder/stinger is spreading.

Slay --- always dinged up --- you would think he's playing a contact sport or something ... toast. 

Hurts --- The name says it all. 

Uh...yeah O line injuries have been a huge problem, along with injuries across the roster. Thanks for listing out the amount of injuries that make fans wish for healthy players, not guys who were injured several seasons in college. 

Why WOULDN'T anyone be concerned about drafting a guy with this much injury history in the 2nd round?

3 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Why WOULDN'T anyone be concerned about drafting a guy with this much injury history in the 2nd round?

This is the thing that I just can't get my head around! Just makes no sense to me why this team of all teams have taken this chance. 

3 hours ago, Vileborg said:

So Jabril Cox if he's there?

3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I do like Cox. A very athletic do it all kind of LB.

49 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

Top round 4 targets:

rhomandre stevenson

jabril cox

caden Sterns

shaun wade 

45 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

I was really hoping for a CB that can compete for CB2 from day 1 in this draft, but it's too late for that. I'm hoping for Jabril Cox with our next pick.

Would love to get Jabril Cox, but think he will go quickly. (They should use the 6th rounders to trade up if possible.) Rashad Weaver would be a great pick in the 4th as well. 

On the corner side - I'm pretty distraught, but one sleeper I like is Rachad Wildgoose.

Other players I'd like to see

Michael Carter

Dylan Moses 

James Wiggins

Sam Cooper

Just now, ManchesterEagle said:

Would love to get Jabril Cox, but think he will go quickly. (They should use the 6th rounders to trade up if possible.) Rashad Weaver would be a great pick in the 4th as well. 

They have 8 picks today... They absolutely should use picks to move up in rounds and perhaps acquire additional picks for next year. 

So this is what we have today:

Round 4: No. 123 (From Miami)
Round 5: No. 150 overall
Round 6: No. 189 overall
Round 6: No. 191 overall (From Carolina)
Round 6: No. 224 overall (Compensatory selection)
Round 6: No. 225 overall (Compensatory selection)
Round 7: No. 234 overall
Round 7: No. 240 overall (From San Francisco)

Why do we have a 49ers pick? Did we trade with them last draft or this offseason and I'm not remembering?

1 minute ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Why do we have a 49ers pick? Did we trade with them last draft or this offseason and I'm not remembering?

Came back because Goodwin opted out. 

1 minute ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

It was because of the Goodwin trade we made last year. Since he never played for us, he went back to SF, and we got their 7th rounder instead.

Just now, Outlaw said:

Came back because Goodwin opted out. 

Oh yeah, I completely forgot about him.

Some names I’m interested in today:

Robert Rochell CB

Kylin Hill RB

Tay Gowan CB

Paddy Fisher LB

Tariq Thompson S

Israel Mukuamu CB

Rodarius Williams CB

Shemar Jean-Charles CB

Kenneth Gainwell RB

William Bradley-King DE

Sam Ehlinger QB 

Cameron McGrone LB

15 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

They have 8 picks today... They absolutely should use picks to move up in rounds and perhaps acquire additional picks for next year. 

I was really hoping they would use some of them to trade back into day 2, but that didn't happen..

Hard to believe they will have 11+ draft picks after all is said and done though.

Anyone else like the LB out of LSU Cox here?

1 minute ago, Uscg-green said:

He's been a favorite on this board for sure. Count me in. 👍

And he is #1 of the best available remaining on PFF right now too FWIW.

8 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Uh...yeah O line injuries have been a huge problem, along with injuries across the roster. Thanks for listing out the amount of injuries that make fans wish for healthy players, not guys who were injured several seasons in college. 

Good, valid question.

Just because a lot of injuries happened in a short amount of time, doesn't mean that that will always be true. I don't for a minute expect us to have as many injuries on the O-line this season. I also expect Brooks (since he is fully recovered) to be fully recovered. I expect Johnson to be fully recovered since they treated the injury properly this time. Seumalo already recovered. Mailata has passed concussion protocol. Kelce should be fully recovered. Driscoll should be fully recovered. Dillard should be fully recovered. 

You can say I'm a crazy optimist for all I care, but medically, when a person is cleared by doctors to resume activities, they are healed. It means they recovered and that injury is behind them. When it's a freak thing like Bo Jackson suffered as an NFL player, there may be no returning. But most injuries football players suffer are not nearly as "career ending" as the doom-and-gloomers want to believe. 

Regarding Dickerson, sure, it's a gamble (like any draft pick). It may work out, it may not. Personally, I believe drafting a high ceiling guy in the second round is a reasonable gamble. I suppose we differ in that regard. I'm just hoping this one works out for us like the D.K. Metcalf gamble worked out for Seattle or the Jaylon Smith gamble worked for the cowboys. I'm not afraid to take the chance just because of other players' (on our team) past injuries. 

1 minute ago, Infam said:

I was really hoping they would use some of them to trade back into day 2, but that didn't happen..

Hard to believe they will have 11+ draft picks after all is said and done though.

I can't see that they will. Howie loves to move around especially in the later rounds. 

2 minutes ago, Infam said:

No way they’re leaving with 11 picks. I expect them to move up in either 4 or 5 using those sixes. 

2 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

Of course! Had shoulder surgery and is dropping like a stone. He was a legit R2 pick all offseason and now he’s tanking. 

Lots of RBs gonna go today. This is where teams draft them now. Round 4 and after. 

Just now, Uscg-green said:

Lots of RBs gonna go today. This is where teams draft them now. Round 4 and after. 

Fine by me. Let a run begin.

Just now, EagleJoe8 said:

Fine by me. Let a run begin.

I want us to move up and take Cox. 

2 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

Agreed. I’d like to see us grab one in the 6th. Pulling for Kylin Hill. Would love Gainwell but he’s going in the 4th. 

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Long time until we pick isn't it? What number do we pick at next?

123, 13 picks to go

5 minutes for picks. At least the picks tend to go quick today.

Archived