NFL Draft Ongoing Discussion - grade the Eagles draft

Traveler Vic

Howie what the F!?!! 

there’s only 259 players in the draft and you took this guy....now?  

get out, you’re Fing fired! 

image.thumb.png.36623505291bbb15bf8e7b634de0c509.png

2 minutes ago, DBW said:

Howie what the F!?!! 

there’s only 259 players in the draft and you took this guy....now?  

get out, you’re Fing fired! 

image.thumb.png.36623505291bbb15bf8e7b634de0c509.png

I counter that with someone whose opinion I really respect, Daniel Jeremiah:

76B6A3A4-F861-43F7-9D12-E356B431EBB0.png

Rochell to the Rams. Nice pick. 

ABC draft coverage on Zech:  athleticism, good at getting turnovers, weak in coverage, plays special teams...development project, roll the dice and hope for the best.  That sounds like Howie's draft strategy alright!

CBS Sports profile:

Zech.PNG

Just now, Infam said:

Why the f.. aren't we trading up??

Takes two to tango man. 

Next pick round 5, #150.  They have 4 picks in the 6th and 2 in the 7th.  

1 minute ago, NOTW said:

Next pick round 5, #150.  They have 4 picks in the 6th and 2 in the 7th.  

2 of which are back to back. Going to be interesting to see reactions to some hoping for a player with the first, not getting him, hoping on the 2nd, and still not getting him.

1 minute ago, EagleJoe8 said:

2 of which are back to back. Going to be interesting to see reactions to some hoping for a player with the first, not getting him, hoping on the 2nd, and still not getting him.

You know that will happen.  :lol:

5 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Do you think howie will trade with himself To move back a spot and grab that player that they really like before taking the other one that they really like with the next pick. 

1 minute ago, DBW said:

Do you think howie will trade with himself To move back a spot and grab that player that they really like before taking the other one that they really like with the next pick. 

I could see Howie doing that.

1 minute ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I could see Howie doing that.

Howie can't help himself. It's been like 24 hours since his last trade! In the draft that's a long long time for Howie. 

6 minutes ago, DBW said:

Well, that sounds like fun.  And everyone knows this is all about the fun and fist bumps.

Just now, NOTW said:

Surely at this point they must realise that they aren't going to get much for him?

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Surely at this point they must realise that they aren't going to get much for him?

They really should’ve been looking to package him with some of these late round picks to get another third rounder.  It’s too late for that now though

1 minute ago, DBW said:

They really should’ve been looking to package him with some of these late round picks to get another third rounder.  It’s too late for that now though

I think if they can get another 5th for him they’d pull the trigger. 

They made sure Tom wasn't in the shot this time to ruin Howie's fist bump fun.

10 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I think if they can get another 5th for him they’d pull the trigger. 

They should pull it but I don’t Howie would.  I think he’s content with letting zach play it out here or they could move him later in the season.  

10 minutes ago, NOTW said:

They made sure Tom wasn't in the shot this time to ruin Howie's fist bump fun.

He’s probably locked in Howie a old "chip era” office next to the equipment room. 

19 minutes ago, NOTW said:

I’m not trading Ertz for less than a 4th which we can’t get now anyway.

keep him - let him help Hurts and then see what you can get at trade deadline.

3 minutes ago, DBW said:

They should pull it but I don’t Howie would.  I think he’s content with letting zach play it out here or they could move him later in the season.  

Another TE going down early in the season is best case scenario to get value in 2022 draft

Eagles could just keep him and Goedert for this year, hope that Ertz bounces back.  Ertz is basically on a prove-it year to get himself a good contract with another team, and they can just get a comp pick for him which might be better than a day 3 draft pick they might get for him.

As long as he's not demanding a trade they may not even want to trade him unless the return is worth it.

19 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

They are probably thinking that a cut later might free up more cap, so if they offer a fifth sixth-rounder.. I get if they say no. 

Archived