ROUND 2 (#37): Eagles select Landon Dickerson (Alabama G/C)

Moderator6

1 minute ago, T-1000 said:

HORRIBLE PICK. God forbid they would actually nail two in a row. Horrible because there were far better players available. Horrible pick because the dude has already had two torn ACL's. Horrible pick because they could have easily traded down 5-10 spots and still gotten him. HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE.

Don't know much about the kid aside from this thread but just as many bad knees as knees isn't encouraging.  Was hoping for Moehrig 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

ACL’s aren’t a big deal anymore.

ACL is only one of his problem.  He’s had major injuries on both ankles as well.  

Just now, ManchesterEagle said:

Disagree - The O has a lot of talent and depth compared to the D. 

Last 6 years Howie has made 2 picks in the top 100 on the D. That's not nearly good enough. D is going to fall off a cliff real soon.

Pretty sure thats already happened 

5 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

ACL’s aren’t a big deal anymore. This is not a short sighted pick for need. It’s a long term succession plan for Kelce. He will also be your first G off the bench if Seumalo or Brooks bite it. 

They aren't a big deal?  Huh?  LMAO 

5 minutes ago, judunno said:

This is a multi year rebuild. Just pray our 2nd rounder can stay on the field unlike the CB we drafted a few years ago with one achilles

Hasn’t the Eagles FO been relentlessly criticized for passing on another injury prone player in the second round ... DK Metcalf?

1 minute ago, Madriver said:

Somebody please help me with this pick because on the face of it I absolutely hate it.

I know we need Kelce's replacement and someone who can also play guard, but jeez, another injury prone project? Love the 1st round pick although he's small as hell, but he is definitely a stud if he can endure the NFL pounding.

But this 2nd rounder...sounds like Howie is back to business as usual with the bargains that have a lot of injuries.

No with you - I don't like it - there were plenty of talented D players on offer and plenty of good developmental lineman who could be added 4th round plus. Don't like it.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NJWolverEagle11 said:

Pretty sure thats already happened 

They were definitely starting to really struggle last year, but the were still around about league average/just below overall.

There is zero young talent on the D and Howie needed to address it here.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Last 6 years Howie has made 2 picks in the top 100 on the D. That's not nearly good enough. D is going to fall off a cliff real soon.

Not sure why people are panicking we haven’t addressed the defense yet. We can’t fix every problem at once. We very well might draft three defensive players in the first round next year, who knows.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, b_west3 said:

I guess we're just cool giving up 38 points a game huh?

The Eagles have a new defensive coordinator. They’re going to be giving up 38 regardless. This isn’t a one-year fix. We have to be patient.

Just now, vaff said:

Not sure why people are panicking we haven’t addressed the defense yet. We can’t fix every problem at once. We very well might draft three defensive players in the first round next year, who knows.

Because we haven't addressed it properly in 6 years.

Hurts really struggled when he was chasing the game and teams are basically going to be able to go up and down on us with ease this year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, vaff said:

I’d rather roll the dice on a guy that can be great if healthy, than a mediocre player who has been healthy.

Mediocre? Don't watch many Bama games do you? Guys a beast. And was the undisputed leader of the best Oline in College football. Oops. Misread. My bad!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, b_west3 said:

They aren't a big deal?  Huh?  LMAO 

In terms of recovery. 

Hurts really struggled when he was chasing the game and teams are basically going to be able to go up and down on us with ease this year.

This.  Anyone remember how quickly that second Dallas game got out of hand?

• Like 2

So, beast of a player but lots of injury history in college.  Also played T, G and C in his HS and College career so he's versatile.  

I like taking a good O lineman but don't like ignoring defense until the 3rd round for the 4th year in a row.

Let me repeat that:  4th year in a row they have not drafted defense in rounds 1 or 2.  They've taken only 1 defensive player in rounds 1-3 in the last 4 years.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

In terms of recovery. 

They still are for guys that heavy.  Plus he's had an extensive injury history, not just one.  Some mocks had him as a 3rd or 4th round pick.  If anything we could've traded back and collected more assets.  This is absolutely a "smartest guy in the room" pick. 

• Like 2

We might suck this year, but we’re in a rebuild that will probably last 2 or 3 years. As I said, we can’t fix every problem at once. If they felt this guy was the BPA, I think it was the right move. Reaching for position is usually not a good idea.

8 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

They were definitely starting to really struggle last year, but the were still around about league average/just below overall.

There is zero young talent on the D and Howie needed to address it here.

Moehrig woulda been nice.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NOTW said:

So, beast of a player but lots of injury history in college.  Also played T, G and C in his HS and College career so he's versatile.  

I like taking a good O lineman but don't like ignoring defense until the 3rd round for the 4th year in a row.

Let me repeat that:  4th year in a row they have not drafted defense in rounds 1 or 2.  They've taken only 1 defensive player in rounds 1-3 in the last 4 years.

And that was a compensatory 3rd rounder. 

Just stupid - this is what Howie doesn't get enough abuse for. Schwartz held it together until the end of last year. Eagles have pretty much zero talent on D under 30.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, b_west3 said:

They still are for guys that heavy.  Plus he's had an extensive injury history, not just one.  Some mocks had him as a 3rd or 4th round pick.  If anything we could've traded back and collected more assets.  This is absolutely a "smartest guy in the room" pick. 

You're not going to 100% always get every player you need at the exactly right/better value in every round. The Eagles already have too many picks. 

Just now, NJWolverEagle11 said:

Moehrig woulda been nice.

He would have been my choice, but Samuel JR and many other really good D players were still on the board.

Guy is a beast but we really dont have a great record when it comes to picking players with injury histories, I guess all we can do is hope for the best.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

We had the worst Oline in the league last year. It was a good pick. 

Im cool with using a second to replace kelce. It’s a huge need.  But Please go defense with all our remaining picks. Thnx

• Like 1

Just now, ManchesterEagle said:

He would have been my choice, but Samuel JR and many other really good D players were still on the board.

Several other picks that woulda made more sense and address defense.  Moehrig, Samuel, JOK

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, opa-opa said:

You're not going to 100% always get every player you need at the exactly right/better value in every round. The Eagles already have too many picks. 

No excuse. 

• Like 1