ROUND 2 (#37): Eagles select Landon Dickerson (Alabama G/C)

Moderator6

4 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

No grooming needed here. He’s pro ready, best C in the country and the leader of one of the best college Olines in history. Yes the injury history concerns me but I’m not "throw ish at my TV” angry at all. He’s a long term successor at a very key position. 

He was so loved by his team and respected by Saban he was allowed to take a snap in the Natty with a torn ACL. Saban doesn't do stuff like that. He's got the same fire and drive as Kelce. Best college center in the country and it isn't close. (Plus I love his offsides dance) 

• Like 2

Just now, jsdarkstar said:

I think there going CB next year in the first round. But agreed, they better address the Defense now. 

This run on olineman is helping some very good CBs get pushed down the board:

Aaron Robinson

Tay Gowan

Ifeatu Melifonwu

Paulson Adebo

Benjamin St-Juste

Robert Rochell

Israel Mukuamu

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

PFF can say whatever they want. We gave up 65 sacks. Good for the most with a 15 sack margin....... top ten for most sacks given up in a season EVER.

Read this

https://www.phillyvoice.com/assigning-blame-each-eagles-nfl-leading-65-sacks-allowed-2020/

7 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

No grooming needed here. He’s pro ready, best C in the country and the leader of one of the best college Olines in history. Yes the injury history concerns me but I’m not "throw ish at my TV” angry at all. He’s a long term successor at a very key position. 

My concern is the injury history, waiting for him to be healthy. 

We draft a team guy who was the leader and one of the most respected players on a all time team and Dallas drafts a guy kicked off of two teams for character issues.  Some things change and some things stay the same. 

7 minutes ago, Birdman said:

Not according to all the armchair GM's here that know more than Stoutland

Well no one will know because he probably doesn't even play this year.

1 minute ago, Uscg-green said:

We draft a team guy who was the leader and one of the most respected players on a all time team and Dallas drafts a guy kicked off of two teams for character issues.  Some things change and some things stay the same. 

Don't forget our guy is injury prone. Fits right in.

3 minutes ago, judunno said:

Well no one will know because he probably doesn't even play this year.

and if he does play this season will you stay hate the pick?

3 minutes ago, judunno said:

Don't forget our guy is injury prone. Fits right in.

Dickerson is a beast. He played Center in the SEC. Gonna get dinged up there sometimes. 

4 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Nothing wrong with waiting for him to be healthy, imo. Reason I say that is draft picks are for the long term, not the short term. The concerns are obviously how the injuries will affect him long term and if he’ll continue to get injured at an alarming rate.

Maybe Jeff Stoutland pushed for this pick? I'll trust his judgement if that's the case. He's easily our best position coach, so maybe he thinks that strongly of Dickerson.

Oh well, if the Seahawks can get lucky with Metcalf, maybe our injury luck improves as well. At least the talent is there. Worst case scenario, this is another Sidney Jones gamble, but I think we'll fare better this time around. This isn't a JJAW selection where we pick an inferior talent too early though.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

Dickerson is a beast. He played Center in the SEC. Gonna get dinged up there sometimes. 

Dinged up is what happens when someone hits your car with a shopping cart not ran over by a monster truck. 

Kelce needs to stay healthy and groom this kid while they work on him.

• Haha 1

Keep these oline picks flowing...makes DB at 70 much better. 

• Like 1

Just now, vaff said:

Nothing wrong with waiting for him to be healthy, imo. Reason I say that is draft picks are for the long term, not the short term. The concerns are obviously how the injuries will affect him long term and if he’ll continue to get injured at an alarming rate.

Well the Good news is the player is not worried about it. He is looking forward to getting on the field and helping out the team. Watch his interview they asked about his injuries repeatedly. He didn't talk about it much other than to say he's ready to contribute.

• Like 1

Just now, eaglesfan0075 said:

Maybe Jeff Stoutland pushed for this pick? I'll trust his judgement if that's the case. He's easily our best position coach, so maybe he thinks that strongly of Dickerson

I mean not only was he the best Center in college, he was the leader and heart of one of the best OLINEs ever. Love this. We got our next Kelce. 

9 minutes ago, NOTW said:

And it’s a fair concern. I just know this kid will lockdown the C position for the next decade. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Portyansky said:

Dinged up is what happens when someone hits your car with a shopping cart not ran over by a monster truck. 

Kelce needs to stay healthy and groom this kid while they work on him.

Very true. I think the LSU nose guard was 360 lbs last year. 

14 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

He was so loved by his team and respected by Saban he was allowed to take a snap in the Natty with a torn ACL. Saban doesn't do stuff like that. He's got the same fire and drive as Kelce. Best college center in the country and it isn't close. (Plus I love his offsides dance) 

The team does not need the best sideline cheerleader because he is constantly injured. Do you trust this eagles medical staff to keep anyone healthy, I sure don't.  Also having an O-Line player with a history of knee and ankle injuries can't be a good thing.  

1 minute ago, Bob Manigan said:

The team does not need the best sideline cheerleader

Good thing they got the best Center in college football then. Who will be healthy way before camp. He played Center in the SEC. Injuries happen..

• Like 1

haha, the Colts just drafted a DE who won't play this year. LOL> 

Just now, jsdarkstar said:

haha, the Colts just drafted a DE who won't play this year. LOL> 

Good. F the Colts. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

And it’s a fair concern. I just know this kid will lockdown the C position for the next decade. 

I hope so! I always like investing in O line.

They just haven't drafted defense high in 4 years. 

• Like 1

Just now, Uscg-green said:

Good thing they got the best Center in college football then. Who will be healthy way before camp. 

Here is his injury history, only one year was he not the best sideline cheerleader before the end of the season, hard to be the best if you cant complete a season

2016: Torn right ACL (season ending)

2017: Ankle (season ending)

2018: Ankle (medical redshirt, season ending)

2020: Torn left ACL (took a snap in title game

Wow, Creed Humphrey is still available.