**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

26 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I foolishly clicked the 2 vids where you are buying GM-speak for face value. I didnt bother reading the rest. 

I posted the excerpt of the articles that say Doc is declining trades that Morey brings him. 

Morey is working on trades and Doc is saying he doesnt want to do them. Of course Morey isnt going to say he is trying to trade anyone. Its baffling that you dont grasp the concept of coach speak, and what it would do to a team if the GM just let out news of every trade hes worked on behind the scenes. You are literally as ignorant as a flat earther. I  bet you are a flat earther. 

...OR morey actually wants to keep ben and joel.

has it occurred to you that the rockets maybe were the ones to call morey and say "look, we want to move harden, it's no secret.  he's not happy here.  we know you have a history with him, duh.  but for you to get him we want ben, maxey, and three first rounders"...  and morey laughed and hung up the phone?

and with that door closed, the rockets were the ones to go to beat writers and say, " the sixers offered us ben, maxey, and 3 first round picks..  we turned it down...  but that's where it's at right now to get harden.  you have to beat that".

and you're sucking all of that up...  while morey is actually behind the scenes working on how to bring more talent AROUND ben and joel, and not necessarily moving ben?  like he said he was gonna do?

you're so qannoned up on moving ben, you're reading anything as "coach speak" and "THEY ARE LOOKING TO MOVE BEN!  LOOK, MOREY WORE A SHIRT WITH A "B" ON IT!  HE WANTS BEAL FOR BEN!"..  instead of taking it at face value and that he may actually want to keep ben and joel when he says he does.

19 minutes ago, JayEcho said:

...OR morey actually wants to keep ben and joel.

has it occurred to you that the rockets maybe were the ones to call morey and say "look, we want to move harden, it's no secret.  he's not happy here.  we know you have a history with him, duh.  but for you to get him we want ben, maxey, and three first rounders"...  and morey laughed and hung up the phone?

and with that door closed, the rockets were the ones to go to beat writers and say, " the sixers offered us ben, maxey, and 3 first round picks..  we turned it down...  but that's where it's at right now to get harden.  you have to beat that".

and you're sucking all of that up...  while morey is actually behind the scenes working on how to bring more talent AROUND ben and joel, and not necessarily moving ben?  like he said he was gonna do?

you're so qannoned up on moving ben, you're reading anything as "coach speak" and "THEY ARE LOOKING TO MOVE BEN!  LOOK, MOREY WORE A SHIRT WITH A "B" ON IT!  HE WANTS BEAL FOR BEN!"..  instead of taking it at face value and that he may actually want to keep ben and joel when he says he does.

I understand from previous discussions that you dont follow sports so you apparently are not aware that the 6ers were so close to a deal that they actually told Ben, and Thybulle to expect a trade. So... no. I havent considered that Morey laughed them off the phone because they were asking for Ben. Those of us who have followed this story know for a fact that we was nearly traded except that the 6ers wouldnt add more to the package. 

1 minute ago, HazletonEagle said:

I understand from previous discussions that you dont follow sports so you apparently are not aware that the 6ers were so close to a deal that they actually told Ben, and Thybulle to expect a trade. So... no. I havent considered that Morey laughed them off the phone because they were asking for Ben. Those of us who have followed this story know for a fact that we was nearly traded except that the 6ers wouldnt add more to the package. 

you know why i'm taking morey at his word for once and that he wants to keep ben and joel?

he stated his goal was to bring talent and shooters around ben and joel and build around them..  what has morey done?

1.  he's gotten curry..  a shooter.
2.  he's gotten green, who is known to be a spot up corner shooter.
3.  brought in a competent center backup for joel in howard.  
4.  he's gotten maxey in the draft, who's good off the dribble AND figures to develop a shot.
5.  gotten joe, who is..  a shooter.
6.  even brought in dakota mathias who...  is a shooter.

you see where i'm going with this, right?  for ONCE morey is doing as he's saying he was gonna do.  which is bring talent and shooters to build around ben and joel.  now if he said he was gonna build around ben and joel and shipped ben right off the bat..  then i'd be raising eyebrows.  but so far, morey is doing EXACTLY as he said he was gonna do.  not gm speak.

this is not some beat writer or "source VERY close to the organization" letting us know "ben and thybulle / maxey are packing their bags".  you're believing these stories cause that's what YOU want to happen.

what i'm pointing out is morey himself, doing exactly what he said he was gonna do.

you keep calling me blind, but i'm looking at what morey is SAYING and DOING with THIS TEAM and basing it off of that.  heck even in drafts morey says he follows his script and does not stray from it.  he laughed at doing all that work, just to throw it away and shotgun.

1 hour ago, DaEagles4Life said:

NOTHING and I mean nothing on this stat sheet in this 4th year even whimpers Superstar. 

Everyone has been saying I am glad he is shooting better from FT. He ain't even doing that! He tricked ya. 

30 million and his game hasn't improved not one iota in YEAR FOUR. 

Screenshot_20210122-181652.png

You are a 2nd round exit with this if Ben stays. He has regressed this year. 

Explain it. 

15 minutes ago, JayEcho said:

you know why i'm taking morey at his word for once and that he wants to keep ben and joel?

he stated his goal was to bring talent and shooters around ben and joel and build around them..  what has morey done?

1.  he's gotten curry..  a shooter.
2.  he's gotten green, who is known to be a spot up corner shooter.
3.  brought in a competent center backup for joel in howard.  
4.  he's gotten maxey in the draft, who's good off the dribble AND figures to develop a shot.
5.  gotten joe, who is..  a shooter.
6.  even brought in dakota mathias who...  is a shooter.

you see where i'm going with this, right?  for ONCE morey is doing as he's saying he was gonna do.  which is bring talent and shooters to build around ben and joel.  now if he said he was gonna build around ben and joel and shipped ben right off the bat..  then i'd be raising eyebrows.  but so far, morey is doing EXACTLY as he said he was gonna do.  not gm speak.

this is not some beat writer or "source VERY close to the organization" letting us know "ben and thybulle / maxey are packing their bags".  you're believing these stories cause that's what YOU want to happen.

what i'm pointing out is morey himself, doing exactly what he said he was gonna do.

you keep calling me blind, but i'm looking at what morey is SAYING and DOING with THIS TEAM and basing it off of that.  heck even in drafts morey says he follows his script and does not stray from it.  he laughed at doing all that work, just to throw it away and shotgun.

didnt read. quiet. game is about to start. 

6 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

You are a 2nd round exit with this if Ben stays. He has regressed this year. 

Explain it. 

point differential with everyone starting:

Sixers Point Differential Is Massive When You Look At Non-Depleted Games : sixers (reddit.com)

1 minute ago, HazletonEagle said:

didnt read. quiet. game is about to start. 

of course you wouldn't read it or like the videos i posted, it shoots down all your qannon trade simmons talk.

for someone who likes to call people's knowledge lacking...  yours is..  not that good.

sorry to bring you down a few pegs.  just cause YOU post a lot in this thread does NOT mean YOU know it all.

2 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

:roll:

Was there actually contact there or not? Either way that was hilarious!

looked like smart was trying to avoid contact and leaned too far back.  no one wants to catch an elbow, even to draw a foul.

anyone else ready to cringe whenever they about to replay a leg injury?  just me?  okay. :ph34r:

And... they have Teague as a backup to their backup. Wtf. Boston just doesnt go away. 

This is why I value depth so much. For years now, you cant ever go on a run without them answering. You can never get away from them. Your lead is never for long. They are always right back in it, threatening to make a run of their own. 

They have 1 super star in Tatum. Kemba is like a McCollum level player. And Jaylon Brown is a rising player. Not really 3 guys with a history of established dominance like LeBron/Wade/Bosh or Pierce/Garnett/Allen.

Their 3 are a really good 3. But their depth is the real strength of their team. 

Dwight Howard has done a great job helping the Celtics tonight. 

2 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

And... they have Teague as a backup to their backup. Wtf. Boston just doesnt go away. 

This is why I value depth so much. For years now, you cant ever go on a run without them answering. You can never get away from them. Your lead is never for long. They are always right back in it, threatening to make a run of their own. 

They have 1 super star in Tatum. Kemba is like a McCollum level player. And Jaylon Brown is a rising player. Not really 3 guys with a history of established dominance like LeBron/Wade/Bosh or Pierce/Garnett/Allen.

Their 3 are a really good 3. But their depth is the real strength of their team. 

Tristan Thompson and Robert Williams are just big bodies. 

Then say they have Theiss, Grant Williams, Teague, and Pritchard 

That isn't tremendous. Sixers depth is better and deeper 

4 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Tristan Thompson and Robert Williams are just big bodies. 

Then say they have Theiss, Grant Williams, Teague, and Pritchard 

That isn't tremendous. Sixers depth is better and deeper 

Sixers depth this year has gotten better, of course. Boston for years has had this about them where they just keep coming at you. It seems like they never stop coming. As soon as youre cold, theyre gone because the dont get in lulls. Theres always a next wave that continues their work. 

Look how we are now at full strength and we have Kork jacking up unlimited uncontested bricks while we trail Boston without their best player. 

This is why Im all about, and have been about a 2 or 3 for 1 Simmons deal. I dont need a super star, and I especially dont need to add a bunch of guys in to get 1 superstar in return. I want to continue to build this depth out. Trading Simmons in a 2 for 1 allows you to have no weak links in the starting lineup (Green), and still have the 1-2 scoring punch on our bench (Shake/Maxey). In a 3 for 1, you can actually add to that bench unit as well.  Those are far more attractive options to me than seeing something like Simmons and Shake for Beal. 

1 minute ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Joel makes Thompson looks like a child. Listed at 7' but bet he is bigger. 

Doris is calling Ben out 

Even Rondo scored because he was so good at slashing to the basket. But even if he only had 2 points on 1 shot attempt, by this point in a game like that, he would probably already have double digit assists or damn close. And rebounds...

Simmons has 4 assists and 1 rebound. 

And as I said the other night, MCW was a better player at this point. He would also have more on the stat sheet by now. 

1 minute ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Travel for sure by Joel

yeah.