**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

2 hours ago, Right4thePicking said:

If kyrie and shamet was on the table for ben, what else could brooklyn add to make it appealing? Kyrie to me just always seemed to have a philly mind set.

Philly would rip kyrie apart. He is anything but, a Philly guy. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Philly would rip kyrie apart. He is anything but, a Philly guy. 

He is an Orlando guy. Please go there because no one cares about him

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

He is an Orlando guy. Please go there because no one cares about him

It's a shame really because kyrie is really smooth with the handles and I like his game a lot and he could be one of the biggest stars in the league if he wanted too but, his personality and the way he handles things is just garbage. For as big of a fan of and admirer of kobe as kyrie claims to be he isn't anything like kobe at all. 

:roll: yeah... this is believable!

Sources tell The Athletic that the Philadelphia 76ers "ultimate purpose in the [James Harden] negotiations was to provide the Rockets with the leverage needed to maximize the return wit the Nets."

• Like 1

This is interesting. Dakota Mathias waived. Not just sent down to G-league on his 2 way contract. But waived.

Supposedly not to immediately sign another player. But then, why?

Theres talk of Isaiah Thomas wanting to play again.

Ive been wondering about Darren Collison who was close to signing somewhere last year and decided to hold off. 

And lastly....could it be in anticipation of Porter being waived?

EDIT: nevermind. I realized from reading on realgm, Its a 2 way contract so they dont have an actual roster spot open. Just a 2 way contract available. 

5 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Sources tell The Athletic that the Philadelphia 76ers "ultimate purpose in the [James Harden] negotiations was to provide the Rockets with the leverage needed to maximize the return wit the Nets."

I don't see why they need to pull a Lurie and twist themselves into a pretzel over this.  Use it as a final motivation tactic for Simmons.  "Yeah, we wanted to trade him and the Rockets preferred a ton of late draft picks instead.  Maybe now he'll wake up and change his game." 

That's not a hard sell to the fans.

12 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Kind of good as they overpaid

5 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

I don't see why they need to pull a Lurie and twist themselves into a pretzel over this.  Use it as a final motivation tactic for Simmons.  "Yeah, we wanted to trade him and the Rockets preferred a ton of late draft picks instead.  Maybe now he'll wake up and change his game." 

That's not a hard sell to the fans.

yeah....

though there are those who are upset that we didnt do it, I think theyre pretty far and few between- outnumbered by those who didnt want him, and those who didnt want to overpay.

Im not sure what theyre trying to accomplish with this.

I dont think they need damage control with Simmons. He said he was ecstatic to still be a 76er. I dont think he cares about basketball enough to get upset over almost being traded. 

6 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

yeah....

though there are those who are upset that we didnt do it, I think theyre pretty far and few between- outnumbered by those who didnt want him, and those who didnt want to overpay.

Im not sure what theyre trying to accomplish with this.

I dont think they need damage control with Simmons. He said he was ecstatic to still be a 76er. I dont think he cares about basketball enough to get upset over almost being traded. 

I just think that being upset might be what he needs.  Or maybe he’s just happy to life the life of an NBA celebrity without being great...in which case hes never going to dig deeper.

4 hours ago, Right4thePicking said:

If kyrie and shamet was on the table for ben, what else could brooklyn add to make it appealing? Kyrie to me just always seemed to have a philly mind set.

Uh... what? Kyrie is the complete opposite of a Philly guy. He’s literally not playing right now just... because. Not hurt, no reason not to play, other than he doesn’t feel like it. Philly fans would boo him mercilessly if he pulled this crap here, if he ever got back in the court. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

I just think that being upset might be what he needs.  Or maybe he’s just happy to life the life of an NBA celebrity without being great...in which case hes never going to dig deeper.

Thats it. I think we have known this since year 2. 

If he was upset he would have came out on fire in the very next game like he does when he gets all star snubbed or Shaq and Barkley say something bad about him. But, we all saw how he played the day after. He didnt care. 

Almost being traded could have been a wake up call. But, it wasnt. 

7 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Thats it. I think we have known this since year 2. 

If he was upset he would have came out on fire in the very next game like he does when he gets all star snubbed or Shaq and Barkley say something bad about him. But, we all saw how he played the day after. He didnt care. 

Almost being traded could have been a wake up call. But, it wasnt. 

He’s too cool for school.  He’s got an Instagram persona to protect.  Can’t show he cares too much or tries to hard.  When Embiid is out.  Make Ben play in the post and allow the two young guards play and score.   

4 hours ago, Right4thePicking said:

Kind of good as they overpaid

They're the destination team in NY now. Those picks will be late firsts and they'll recoup players through FA

On 1/17/2021 at 7:40 AM, HazletonEagle said:

Per Pompey, the Sixers were so sure of the Harden trade,  they told Simmons to be ready.  His agent basically told him to start packing.

Lucky it went down before our next game.  We almost Okafor'd him. 

@JayEcho

Please help me understand what you meant when you said Morey wouldn't lie and he wants Ben here for the future. 

Two games since the trade

Harden  33ppg, 13 assists, 9 rebounds, 2 steals, 1 block 

Ben 10.5 ppg, 10.5 assists, 13 rebounds, 1.5 steals, .5 blocks 

The trade rumors really light a fire under Ben. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Two games since the trade

Harden  33ppg, 13 assists, 9 rebounds, 2 steals, 1 block 

Ben 10.5 ppg, 10.5 assists, 13 rebounds, 1.5 steals, .5 blocks 

The trade rumors really light a fire under Ben. 

Yeah but triple dubs!!!!

that's maybe a little unfair, doing a straight up comp like that. Ben's never going to be capable of being the offensive presence that Harden is. It would be nice to see more FT attempts IMO more than a huge uptick in PPG. Although obviously FT attempts could lead to that.

Ben for Lavine and a couple protected picks I think happens at the deadline, gun to my head. 

30 minutes ago, JBENT87 said:

that's maybe a little unfair, doing a straight up comp like that. Ben's never going to be capable of being the offensive presence that Harden is. It would be nice to see more FT attempts IMO more than a huge uptick in PPG. Although obviously FT attempts could lead to that.

Ben for Lavine and a couple protected picks I think happens at the deadline, gun to my head. 

If you could work out getting him for a package around shake, firsts, thybulle and scott.......to not include ben....do you do it?

• Like 1

Just now, ggs5008 said:

If you could work out getting him for a package around shake, firsts, thybulle and scott.......to not include ben....do you do it?

yep. Only thing of value there is Shake, IMO. Who is a fantastic 6th man, but if we can keep Ben and he returns to doing what he does well more consistently, while adding a perimeter threat who can also create his own shot in LaVine, I feel like you're recreating a little bit of the Jimmy Butler team, while also being deep enough to mimic the Simmons/Embiid + shooters team (that ultimately got its ass kicked by the Celtics). 

20 minutes ago, ggs5008 said:

Not me.  Ben has got to go. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

Not me.  Ben has got to go. 

Yep. I’d trade Ben way before I would Shake or Maxey. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, nipples said:

Yep. I’d trade Ben way before I would Shake or Maxey. 

On the surface yes, but if you are getting Lavine, doesn't shake and maxey's value go down? They won't get as many shots and maxey won't get the same playing time, especially once curry returns. I think a backcourt of lavine, curry, shake/maxey gets torched in the playoffs. IMO, the better value is to move Maxey or Shake. 

1 minute ago, ggs5008 said:

On the surface yes, but if you are getting Lavine, doesn't shake and maxey's value go down? They won't get as many shots and maxey won't get the same playing time, especially once curry returns. I think a backcourt of lavine, curry, shake/maxey gets torched in the playoffs. IMO, the better value is to move Maxey or Shake. 

LaVine, Curry, Green, Harris, Embiid

Maxey and Shake still in their same role. 

I dont see how it devalues them?

47 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

LaVine, Curry, Green, Harris, Embiid

Maxey and Shake still in their same role. 

I dont see how it devalues them?

I guess I was looking at it in terms of minutes. Lavine is really a 2 right? Not a PG. Only so many minutes for the 2 position which would go to Lavine for 35 of 48 minutes and if Shake and he are on the floor at the same time, Shake wont get as many looks. I don't know, maybe I'm over thinking it, but I still think that backcourt gets wrecked on defense.