Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

Featured Replies

glenn is doing some 4D coaching...saving b-ball paul for the playoffs!  

  • Replies 31.3k
  • Views 1.6m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Posted Images

ab1aipnxqfq81.jpg

fresh-prince-woah.gif

1 hour ago, mr_hunt said:

ab1aipnxqfq81.jpg

I love that he is willing to say the obvious truth, even when he knows it's going to piss off his coach.  Maybe because he knows it will piss off his coach.  

1A885FBD-F0D5-4266-B253-C9E2E62D49DD.jpeg

I just am speechless with Glen Rivers at this point. How many times do we need to crumble in the beginning of the 4th quarter until he changes his rotations? We won the game for 46 minutes FFS.

I really was hoping we could overcome him, but we can't. He needs to be fired.

6 minutes ago, vikas83 said:

I just am speechless with Glen Rivers at this point. How many times do we need to crumble in the beginning of the 4th quarter until he changes his rotations? We won the game for 46 minutes FFS.

I really was hoping we could overcome him, but we can't. He needs to be fired.

At this point, it's difficult to see anyone reasonably coming to a different conclusion.  

I wanted him fired the minute he was hired. Never liked him 

3 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I wanted him fired the minute he was hired. Never liked him 

Is there anyone you do like? 😜

Just now, NYEagle said:

Is there anyone you do like? 😜

Embiid, Maxey and sometimes Thybulle who else is there to like? 😛

1 hour ago, vikas83 said:

I just am speechless with Glen Rivers at this point. How many times do we need to crumble in the beginning of the 4th quarter until he changes his rotations? We won the game for 46 minutes FFS.

I really was hoping we could overcome him, but we can't. He needs to be fired.

I remembered him from his Boston days and didn't see a lot of Clippers games over the last few years he was there. I was really excited about him being the 76ers coach. However, what I see is an older coach set in his ways that the modern game has passed by. Our offensive sets look boring and predictable. 

6 minutes ago, Gannan said:

I remembered him from his Boston days and didn't see a lot of Clippers games over the last few years he was there. I was really excited about him being the 76ers coach. However, what I see is an older coach set in his ways that the modern game has passed by. Our offensive sets look boring and predictable. 

His ridiculous dedication to playing veterans is infuriating, and I feel terrible for ever having complained about Brett Brown's rotations. 

Rivers won a ring with 3 vets in Boston and has decided that is the only way. Thank God Ben Simmons is a mental weakling who refused to play, or no way Glen plays Maxey and let's him develop like this. 

I'd be on board with elevating Sam.

7 minutes ago, vikas83 said:

His ridiculous dedication to playing veterans is infuriating, and I feel terrible for ever having complained about Brett Brown's rotations. 

Rivers won a ring with 3 vets in Boston and has decided that is the only way. Thank God Ben Simmons is a mental weakling who refused to play, or no way Glen plays Maxey and let's him develop like this. 

I'd be on board with elevating Sam.

Some of us were interested in Cassell as the hire initially. Unfortunately I dont think the team ever considered him. Im afraid even after Rivers is fired we may elevate someone like Joerger or go external, and lose Cassell. He has been following Doc as an assistant for years now. 

1 minute ago, HazletonEagle said:

Some of us were interested in Cassell as the hire initially. Unfortunately I dont think the team ever considered him. Im afraid even after Rivers is fired we may elevate someone like Joerger or go external, and lose Cassell. He has been following Doc as an assistant for years now. 

I'd be OK with new blood from the outside as well. But Ty Lue did take the Clippers job from Rivers' staff, so it's been done.

2 minutes ago, vikas83 said:

I'd be OK with new blood from the outside as well. But Ty Lue did take the Clippers job from Rivers' staff, so it's been done.

Just like Harden is Morey's guy as a player, D'Antoni is Morey's coach. 95% chance when Doc is gone, D'Antoni is the next coach.

there was this article from Februray https://heavy.com/sports/philadelphia-76ers/mike-dantoni-daryl-morey-doc-rivers/

 

and the below tweet by Marc Stein

Quote

Rivers might have a more significant problem to manage than merely tuning out the naysayers questioning his presence on the Top 15 list. The conspiracy theory already making the rounds in league coaching circles holds that Sixers president of basketball operations Daryl Morey will eventually want Mike D’Antoni to take over in the hot seat for Philadelphia’s new Joel Embiid/James Harden tag team after D’Antoni’s offensive creativity helped catapult Harden to three scoring titles in Houston.

 

Neubeck refuted the rumor.

 

 

But we know things can change as the losses to good teams pile up. Especially with another early playoff exit. And, we know how Morey is obsessed with certain other guys and he eventually gets them.

Youd have to click on that to see the whole thing. The punchline is whats written int he graphic at the bottom of the screen. Giannis 4 of 11 field goals when guarded by Paul Reed. 

1 hour ago, vikas83 said:

His ridiculous dedication to playing veterans is infuriating, and I feel terrible for ever having complained about Brett Brown's rotations. 

Rivers won a ring with 3 vets in Boston and has decided that is the only way. Thank God Ben Simmons is a mental weakling who refused to play, or no way Glen plays Maxey and let's him develop like this. 

I'd be on board with elevating Sam.

Millsap and Jordan are completely washed.  It was obvious before they were here.  Is Morey pandering to Doc's vet wants to give him enough rope to hang himself?  I hope so.  Once Drummond was traded Reed and Bassey should've been playing.  Millsap should have been released and nobody in their right mind was going to sign Jordan.

13 minutes ago, rambo said:

Millsap and Jordan are completely washed.  It was obvious before they were here.  Is Morey pandering to Doc's vet wants to give him enough rope to hang himself?  I hope so.  Once Drummond was traded Reed and Bassey should've been playing.  Millsap should have been released and nobody in their right mind was going to sign Jordan.

This is my read on it.  I think it’s win win for Morey. If the team makes a legit run, great. If not, he’ll use it as leverage to try and get Doc out.

  • Author

Morey’s obsession with Harden is going to cost Embiid the MVP and a possible nice run in the playoffs.  Because he was hell bent on holding out for Harden, the bench is what it is. Oh and Glen is an unlikable doooosh*er.   

27 minutes ago, rambo said:

Millsap and Jordan are completely washed.  It was obvious before they were here.  Is Morey pandering to Doc's vet wants to give him enough rope to hang himself?  I hope so.  Once Drummond was traded Reed and Bassey should've been playing.  Millsap should have been released and nobody in their right mind was going to sign Jordan.

I was actually happy to get Millsap as a vet in the locker room, but I never thought he'd see meaningful minutes. As for Jordan...when you're too old for the Lakers, well...

  • Author
Just now, vikas83 said:

I was actually happy to get Millsap as a vet in the locker room, but I never thought he'd see meaningful minutes. As for Jordan...when you're too old for the Lakers, well...

You mean you didn’t see Milsap manning up the Greak Freak down the stretch in a meaningful late season game?   

i thought milsap would be immediately released/bought out :lol:  little did i know...glenn had plans! 

1 hour ago, mr_hunt said:

i thought milsap would be immediately released/bought out :lol:  little did i know...glenn had plans! 

Right....to never play Reed or Bassey....you'd think those two tag teamed his wife or something!

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.