Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

Featured Replies

5 hours ago, GoEagles5921 said:

It’s pretty clear they aren’t winning anything this year.  Harden is not what he used to be and they have absolutely no depth. They may make it to the second round but I think that’s about it.

Some of us said that before the trade and were told we were wrong. They should have gotten him this summer for free and traded Ben for the depth that would have made them a lot more complete next year.

  • Replies 31.3k
  • Views 1.6m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Posted Images

I know there’s going to be plenty of disagreement, but I still think a lot are overreacting to losses. I still think this team can put together a postseason run and has the talent to win it.
 

I do think they would be smart to get Harden a lot of rest down the stretch to let the hamstring recover, but I still think they’re contenders. Not saying they’re favorites, I’d go with Milwaukee to repeat as Eastern Conference champs and the Suns to win it all if I had to guess right now. But the Sixers are at least Eastern Conference contenders IMO, along with Miami, Milwaukee, and unfortunate Boston. 

15 minutes ago, nipples said:

I know there’s going to be plenty of disagreement, but I still think a lot are overreacting to losses. I still think this team can put together a postseason run and has the talent to win it.
 

I do think they would be smart to get Harden a lot of rest down the stretch to let the hamstring recover, but I still think they’re contenders. Not saying they’re favorites, I’d go with Milwaukee to repeat as Eastern Conference champs and the Suns to win it all if I had to guess right now. But the Sixers are at least Eastern Conference contenders IMO, along with Miami, Milwaukee, and unfortunate Boston. 

well, the sixers should be built a little better for the slower pace of playoff basketball...considering they already play at a slow pace & no longer have simmons killing the spacing. 

44 minutes ago, nipples said:

I know there’s going to be plenty of disagreement, but I still think a lot are overreacting to losses. I still think this team can put together a postseason run and has the talent to win it.
 

I do think they would be smart to get Harden a lot of rest down the stretch to let the hamstring recover, but I still think they’re contenders. Not saying they’re favorites, I’d go with Milwaukee to repeat as Eastern Conference champs and the Suns to win it all if I had to guess right now. But the Sixers are at least Eastern Conference contenders IMO, along with Miami, Milwaukee, and unfortunate Boston. 

Problem is its unclear that this team has established familiarity, and understood roles since the trade. In years past we have seen Embiid play hurt, and sick, to try and get as many games in to establish continuity with the new lineups. 

Its impossible to balance that with getting Harden plenty of rest. Both cant happen. 

Trade took too long to happen. And its unclear it was even the right move. Something should have been done sooner. And possibly something better, should have been done sooner.

Team isnt going to be ready for playoffs whether it be due to health, or gelling. 

https://heavy.com/sports/philadelphia-76ers/james-harden-contract-extension-brian-windhorst/?fbclid=IwAR0t2WmIiYGX-FpXm4kiDrZ_AFpb92yAWtaMUfs9qZ771MBrousZAIWhyhc

surprising to hear Windhorst who must have incredible Harden sources (scooping Woj) cautioning the 6ers against re-signing him for that max deal.

Hes not wrong. But that could damage relationships.

All I can say is we are so damn lucky that opt in paperwork didnt get filed in time so we can walk away. 

 

18 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

https://heavy.com/sports/philadelphia-76ers/james-harden-contract-extension-brian-windhorst/?fbclid=IwAR0t2WmIiYGX-FpXm4kiDrZ_AFpb92yAWtaMUfs9qZ771MBrousZAIWhyhc

surprising to hear Windhorst who must have incredible Harden sources (scooping Woj) cautioning the 6ers against re-signing him for that max deal.

Hes not wrong. But that could damage relationships.

All I can say is we are so damn lucky that opt in paperwork didnt get filed in time so we can walk away. 

All Morey has proven in his time as a GM is he can make trades for big stars that don't pan out because they don't have the support around them. We are seeing that yet again and he'll stick them with a massive contract because he can't admit he was wrong by not doing so. There is no way Morey walks away.

Look at teams like the Jazz and the Suns who have GMs who actually do a good job of building rosters. It doesn't always work, but compared to one disaster after another since Hinkie left (he blew a pick as well) they are miles ahead vs what the Sixers have done.

1 hour ago, HazletonEagle said:

https://heavy.com/sports/philadelphia-76ers/james-harden-contract-extension-brian-windhorst/?fbclid=IwAR0t2WmIiYGX-FpXm4kiDrZ_AFpb92yAWtaMUfs9qZ771MBrousZAIWhyhc

surprising to hear Windhorst who must have incredible Harden sources (scooping Woj) cautioning the 6ers against re-signing him for that max deal.

Hes not wrong. But that could damage relationships.

All I can say is we are so damn lucky that opt in paperwork didnt get filed in time so we can walk away. 

Signing a 33 yr old who does not take care of his body and wants to bail at the first sign of trouble at 230 million dollars would be an absolute disaster. 

We are 14-6 since the Harden trade (.700 winning %, a pace of 57-58 RS wins, right now only Suns have a better winning %). 10-4 in games Harden played (.714 winning %). Harden is putting 22.4 PPG, 7.6 RPG, 9.9 APG on .618 TS and 3.3 TO (his best since OKC days).

And yet, the world is falling. 

With a better coach and bench (which I expect to happen this offseason), this team is a championship contender for the next couple of years. 

13 minutes ago, Blazehound said:

We are 14-6 since the Harden trade (.700 winning %, a pace of 57-58 RS wins, right now only Suns have a better winning %). 10-4 in games Harden played (.714 winning %). Harden is putting 22.4 PPG, 7.6 RPG, 9.9 APG on .618 TS and 3.3 TO (his best since OKC days).

And yet, the world is falling. 

With a better coach and bench (which I expect to happen this offseason), this team is a championship contender for the next couple of years. 

Yeah… Harden clearly isn’t quite himself with the hamstring obviously nagging him, but the doom and gloom around here is a bit much. 
 

So if they get a win against the Bucks tonight does that mean the parade is back on?

10 minutes ago, Blazehound said:

We are 14-6 since the Harden trade (.700 winning %, a pace of 57-58 RS wins, right now only Suns have a better winning %). 10-4 in games Harden played (.714 winning %). Harden is putting 22.4 PPG, 7.6 RPG, 9.9 APG on .618 TS and 3.3 TO (his best since OKC days).

And yet, the world is falling. 

With a better coach and bench (which I expect to happen this offseason), this team is a championship contender for the next couple of years. 

@4for4EaglesNest knows how much I like Harden but he hasn’t been good enough yet. This Harden gets us eliminated in round 2. Some of it is not his fault because he was overused all year and he looks to be playing injured but either way, it won’t be good enough. I hope they give him the last 3-4 games off for the playoff run. That would be like 12 days off for him. 

6 minutes ago, nipples said:

Yeah… Harden clearly isn’t quite himself with the hamstring obviously nagging him, but the doom and gloom around here is a bit much. 
 

So if they get a win against the Bucks tonight does that mean the parade is back on?

No. I need to see hardens legs come back. It’s messing up his step back 3’s and midrange game. 

13 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

No. I need to see hardens legs come back. It’s messing up his step back 3’s and midrange game. 

 

 

1 minute ago, DaEagles4Life said:

 

 

Im confused by your reply?

Joel Embiid can’t help that James Harden keeps disappearing in big games”: Shannon Sharpe blasts The Beard for a horrendous performance in Philly’s loss to Devin Booker’s Suns

 
11 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

Im confused by your reply?

I forgot to add text. 

You can see Booker has no respect for his first step anymore. That has to be concerning 

5 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

I forgot to add text. 

You can see Booker has no respect for his first step anymore. That has to be concerning 

I’m hoping it’s 75% being tired and hurt. I don’t know if we have enough time to find out. 

4 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Just air balled it. Drink some more you loser. He isn't hurt he is old and drinks  every night and has always sucked in big games. Pros in every sport all have said the same sheet about Harden the last 5-6 yrs. 

LOL!

55 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

@4for4EaglesNest knows how much I like Harden but he hasn’t been good enough yet. This Harden gets us eliminated in round 2. Some of it is not his fault because he was overused all year and he looks to be playing injured but either way, it won’t be good enough. I hope they give him the last 3-4 games off for the playoff run. That would be like 12 days off for him. 

He already got extended time off after the trade,  and the all star break. 

It's not gonna be better. 

Doc has to start running the offense through Maxey at times. The deferring when Joel and Harden are on the floor is too much.  

  • Author
1 hour ago, Khani1 said:

@4for4EaglesNest knows how much I like Harden but he hasn’t been good enough yet. This Harden gets us eliminated in round 2. Some of it is not his fault because he was overused all year and he looks to be playing injured but either way, it won’t be good enough. I hope they give him the last 3-4 games off for the playoff run. That would be like 12 days off for him. 

Well.  I’ll refrain.  For now.  
 

:offtopic:

Embiid is gonna get F-ed out of the MVP.  

Joel looks tired tonight. Harden balling out.

refs are too whistle happy

Niang is horrible. And why is the corpse of Paul Millsap playing?

2 minutes ago, Blazehound said:

Niang is horrible. And why is the corpse of Paul Millsap playing?

Niang is just off. I like him usually. The other option is Stone hand Jordan. Doc doesn’t play bigs under 28 years old. 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.