EMB Blog: Once AGAIN. Politics to CVON!!!!!

4for4EaglesNest

2 minutes ago, greend said:

I gotta agree Moss was a freak, the dude couldn't be covered. An ahole but a freak

Yes, he was a freak.  Rice was still significantly better... very very significantly.   Moss had one route that was virtually uncoverable.  That's it.  

• Replies 27.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Iggles_Phan said:

There is no measurement by which this can be empirically verified.

Moss has a higher career yards/ catch than Rice and Moss has the all time single season receiving td record.

Everything else Rice has more but those are two above are empirical.😊

PRESS TAYLOR
Title: Eagles passing game coordinator | Age: 32

Considered the brightest young mind on the Eagles’ coaching staff and notably given credit for discovering the "Philly Special,” Taylor originally joined the Eagles as a quality control coach for Chip Kelly in 2013. He stayed on when Doug Pederson took over and worked his way up from assistant quarterbacks coach to quarterbacks coach to passing game coordinator. He’s worked closely with Nick Foles and Carson Wentz and will now have a bigger role in installing the game plan. The Eagles view him as an offensive coordinator-in-waiting. If Press continues on his current trajectory, he could land a head-coaching job in the future, just like his brother, Zac, in Cincinnati.

IAN CUNNINGHAM
Title: Eagles assistant director of player personnel | Age: 35

Cunningham became the Eagles’ director of college scouting in 2017 and earned his promotion to his current role in 2019. He worked with the Ravens for the first nine years of his scouting career, scouting the southeast for four years under Ozzie Newsome. He played college football at Virginia. where he earned a bachelor’s degree (2007) and a master’s degree (2008). (He’s also the second cousin of Arthur Ashe.) In a league with only two Black general managers, he’s among the depressingly few minority candidates in the GM pipeline.

ALEC HALABY
Title: Eagles VP of football operations and strategy | Age: 33 

The Eagles are considered to be at the forefront of analytics from an NFL perspective and Halaby is the one who runs that group. He oversees the Eagles’ use of analytics and data in decisions (whether roster building or in-game strategy) and works closely with Howie Roseman. He graduated from Harvard in 2009 and has worked for the Eagles ever since. They have long tried to shield him from media attention in an effort to not lose him to another team. He will likely run an NFL team at some point.

44 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

I've heard that quite frequently...

Add Sacks, INTs, and FF... all basically a turnover as very very few drives can sustain a sack and continue.  

Dawkins: 26 sacks, 37 INTs, 36 FF. = 99 drive ending plays.
Reed: 6 sacks, 64 INTs, 11 FF. = 81 drive ending plays.

Reed was a better ballhawk as a safety.  Dawkins was a better all-around safety.   So, the real question shouldn't be "which was better?", but rather "what style of safety do you need/want?"   Dawkins' style fit perfectly for Eagles and JJ defense.   Reed's style fit perfectly with Ravens.   That said... Dawkins  had more drive ending plays... so, I give him the nod (not being a homer... that's cold hard data).

Didn't Reed play about 4 less years though?  They were both game changing safeties for sure.

1 minute ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Yes, he was a freak.  Rice was still significantly better... very very significantly.   Moss had one route that was virtually uncoverable.  That's it.  

Yup and it worked really well for Moss.

I get everyone automatically puts Rice at the top because he owns every record and did it for so long but the difference isnt a very very.

Moss ave 71 yards a game Rice 75

Rice ave .65 tds/ game Moss .70/ game.

And like i said moss had a higher yards/ catch ave at just above 15 with rice at just above 14.

Rice had two HOF qbs and a league MVP in gannon throwing to him his whole career and other than Brady for a few years Moss didnt have much throwing to him.

Id still take Moss over Rice.

38 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

It's important to build up the tolerance at a young age.  

Especially now since alcohol is a great disinfectant 

20 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Moss has a higher career yards/ catch than Rice and Moss has the all time single season receiving td record.

Everything else Rice has more but those are two above are empirical.😊

Like I said... Moss had one route that he was elite at.  And it was a deep route.  So that is conceded.  Not sure what else you can build a case with... also a very different era... all leading to passing production.

19 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Didn't Reed play about 4 less years though?  They were both game changing safeties for sure.

I'm not pushing one way or the other really hard.  But they are very different styles.

10 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Yup and it worked really well for Moss.

I get everyone automatically puts Rice at the top because he owns every record and did it for so long but the difference isnt a very very.

Moss ave 71 yards a game Rice 75

Rice ave .65 tds/ game Moss .70/ game.

And like i said moss had a higher yards/ catch ave at just above 15 with rice at just above 14.

Rice had two HOF qbs and a league MVP in gannon throwing to him his whole career and other than Brady for a few years Moss didnt have much throwing to him.

Id still take Moss over Rice.

Different eras.   

As for the 'everyone automatically puts Rice at the top because he owns every record' part is where we differ.  I put Rice at the top because I watched them both play.  It's not even close.  The stats just confirm that.    

17 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Yup ed reed played til 35 years of age and Dawkins til 38 where he made the pro bowl, though to be fair was probably more off name recognition

Reed his last season had 3 ints for the texans and jets he was hurt got hurt and was a shell of himself.

Something i didnt realize is Reed for all his picks and return yards only had 7 int return tds. 7 is a good number but i thought he had more.

For comparison Eric allen has 8 Rod woodson has 12.

8 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Like I said... Moss had one route that he was elite at.  And it was a deep route.  So that is conceded.  Not sure what else you can build a case with... also a very different era... all leading to passing production.

Might of been a different era but moss Era was an Era where every team was doing the same thing. Passing

Walshs west coast offense was ahead of its time and was an offense that passed more than the traditional running teams of his era. Its not like the niners were a ground and pound team walsh passed to set up the run.

6 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Different eras.   

As for the 'everyone automatically puts Rice at the top because he owns every record' part is where we differ.  I put Rice at the top because I watched them both play.  It's not even close.  The stats just confirm that.    

I watched them both play as well. Growing up in Utah we got niners games every sunday. Niners and broncos😒

8 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Different eras.   

It is close. Like i said if you go per game moss had more tds per game rice had 5 more yards per game.

Thats closer than not even close

GOAT discussions are all highly subjective; it’s impossible to evaluate across different eras.  Perhaps comparing how much greater certain players are against their contemporaries of the time is a way of evaluating.

That said — I’ll take Rice because Moss was too selfish 

1 minute ago, Alphagrand said:

GOAT discussions are all highly subjective; it’s impossible to evaluate across different eras.  Perhaps comparing how much greater certain players are against their contemporaries of the time is a way of evaluating.

That said — I’ll take Rice because Moss was too selfish 

I think its tough judging anyone against rice because the dude played in 3 separate eras, 80s 90s and 2000s and many look at him as a football god and i agree if there were a football mt rushmore hes on it its undeniable and Moss was more talented. He was taller ran faster jumped higher and was just a freak and he was also a knuckle head but he also said " Straight Cash Homey" which is way better than anything Rice ever said😄

4 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

You know what word has been used to death?  GOAT.  Ok.  It was cute back when they used it referring to Jerry Rice.  Now it's enough.  

LET'S GO!!!

4 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

You would.  90% of your takes are wrong so this makes sense.

Although Straight Cash Homey was hilarious.....but not in a positive way.  

LOL  That too.......

good memory.

90% seems a bit high, whats more concerning is that you are keeping track.

Creeper!

https://youtu.be/ZZujisNZuw0

3 hours ago, ManuManu said:

What’s a reasonable expectation for the rookie class in this weird offseason?

Reagor: 40-45 catches for 550 yards and a handful of touchdowns. He’s a tricky one to project stats wise because Doug has said he will learn behind DJax. If he truly is the backup Z and DJax (if healthy) doesn’t move to the X in 12 personnel, that will limit his snaps greatly. Honestly, I don’t care as much about the stats as I do the eyeball test. I want to see explosiveness that forces the Eagles to both manufacture touches for him and take deep shots. 

Hurts: Barely plays outside of some gimmicky stuff. 

Taylor: Core special teamer who flashes athleticism. 

Wallace: Core special teamer who plays a little bit as the third safety due to injury. We have too much depth at nickel and he’s at best the fourth safety IMO so there isn’t a lot of room for snaps. I suspect he’ll show well enough that he will be the third safety in 2021. 

Driscoll: I’m not sure he‘s active much on game days, but he’ll battle for the 8th lineman spot. I’ll let the smarter OL observers offer up what they hope to see out of him.

Hightower: He would seemingly have a leg up for the final WR spot based on draft pedigree and may end up active occasionally due to injuries. I have little optimism of him making an impact this season, but if he’s forced to play I would hope to see a player who can separate downfield. 

Bradley: Probably my least favorite pick talent-wise, he’ll be fortunate to make the team. Maybe he can become a good special teamer like Najee Goode. 

Watkins: Best case scenario is he shows explosiveness and improved route running particular with stems and he earns the final WR spot, but he seems destined for the PS. 

Prince: Makes the team as our final OL and is inactive all year. 

Toohill: Flashes in camp to earn a PS spot. 

Reagor learning the Z so his production depends on how healthy DJax is, how much they want to rest him, how often DJax plays in the slot.  60 targets,  40-45 catches sounds about right.  

Hurts starts out as the third QB. By around mid season he replaces Sudfeld as #2.  Kid picks up offenses pretty fast. 

Taylor is core STer who gradually gets some nickel and dime snaps.  Much better instincts than Brown.

Wallace Starts off on STs.  By the end of the season they have him playing in some of the three S packages  

Driscoll will pick up training fast but probably inactive unless needed for most of the season.  Wildcard to this is Seumalo and Kelce   Suspect Driscoll is the backup LG going into the season  

Hightower is active as fifth WR but used as a gunner and RS most of the year.  Suspect his snaps come on STs.  He and Ward are PR.  I know Reagor excelled at that in college but I don’t think they risk him there.  Could see Hightower as the up man on KOs.  Wildcard is Marcus Green. I suspect if Green had much to show, he would have been activated.

Bradley   Good work ethnic and athleticism but poor instincts   Battle between Brown and him for sixth spot and comes down to teams. PS  

Watkins depends on Jeffries and Goodwin   Would not be at all surprised if he beats Goodwin out for sixth WR slot.  Bigger, younger, can probably play some slot.   Depends on how quick he picks things up and his catching   Goodwin on a one year deal, hasn’t held up and will be thirty.  Howie flips him for a sixth.  

Prince depends on knee and how Mailata progresses and his back.  Make or break year for Mailata.   Really see Prince as the swing T of the future.  With JP in fold to back up Dillard, the Eagles can make this move.  If knee has issues, IR  

Toohill goes to PS to see if an older rookie DE can finally learn to play the run. Gamble choice based on pass rushing but we don’t need a Banian.  

Alright the replacements movie is happening. all we need is Keenu reeves 

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Alright the replacements movie is happening. all we need is Keenu reeves 

Who was a better QB Jonny Utah or Shane Falco???

1 hour ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Doesn't matter.  My daughter went to a private catholic school.  They have even less right to tell the parents what to f-ing pack.  The parents are the paying customers.  I call BS.   

Oh the they did...at least the two or three teachers that taught my grade let the parents know about it.  I'll ask my Mom exactly how it went down but that's (more or less) how I remember it.  And we're talking 1982, btw.  

7 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Well, one has a beer named after him

spacer.png

11 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Falco by far. Utah had a bum knee and was injury prone

1 hour ago, Iggles_Phan said:

nah

Archived