EMB Blog: Once AGAIN. Politics to CVON!!!!!

4for4EaglesNest

17 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Watched a video of top 10 safeties of all time, done by ESPN??? they had Dawkins at 10 and Polomalu at 5😳

Am i missing something?dawk has 5 more Int and Dawkins has triple the forced fumbles double the sacks and about 200 more tackles so...???

Im just not seeing it. I would have swapped them and put Dawk at 5.

The rest were the usual cast of characters, Easly Atwater, houston, krause, ed reed and a couple other guys i cant remember.

Polomalu has a better press agent.   It's ridiculous how overrated he is.   A slightly higher than borderline HoF for a safety by the old standard for safeties.   But.. he had the hair and made some flash plays.  But, he was out of position as often as he was making splashes, leading to splashes the other way.  

• Replies 27.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Cool.  I’ll be sure to log that down for my opinion poll.  Oh wait....I didn’t ask.  

Someone pee in your Nutella this morning?  

15 minutes ago, greend said:

If by stop he means "damn lucky he had butter fingers" then yes

I doubt he comes down with both feet in bounds anyway, but I’m sure glad it didn’t come to it. Really good coverage too. 

That was an unreal throw by Ryan. 

@justrelax

Have you read Our Man in Charleston ?   It is about the British consul in Charleston at the time of secession, who also acted as a British spy.   Was looking for something historical in an area I haven’t read before and that sounded interesting. A mix of spy, diplomatic history and the impact of Britain’s decision on whether to recognize the CSA.  Grabbed a sample on Kindle and it looks like a good read. 

46 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Watched a video of top 10 safeties of all time, done by ESPN??? they had Dawkins at 10 and Polomalu at 5😳

Am i missing something?dawk has 5 more Int and Dawkins has triple the forced fumbles double the sacks and about 200 more tackles so...???

Im just not seeing it. I would have swapped them and put Dawk at 5.

The rest were the usual cast of characters, Easly Atwater, houston, krause, ed reed and a couple other guys i cant remember.

Polamalu had nicer hair.  Really I think Dawkins should be behind Ed Reed and that's it.  Rod Woodson and Lott played CB as well as Safety.  No other safety played the role Dawkins did in terms of blitzing and hitting home.  

47 minutes ago, greend said:

If by stop he means "damn lucky he had butter fingers" then yes

Even if Jones caught the ball, he wasn't going to get both feet in bounds.

19 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Given that I doubt they even play 10 games.... I'll take the under on the win total.

34 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Polomalu has a better press agent.   It's ridiculous how overrated he is.   A slightly higher than borderline HoF for a safety by the old standard for safeties.   But.. he had the hair and made some flash plays.  But, he was out of position as often as he was making splashes, leading to splashes the other way.  

Yeah i dont get it it, he has some highlight plays and of course he won a super bowl with the steelers but he also missed a ton of games and his stats arent really all that impressive.

I dont know how he get in the HOF and guys like Eric Allen, Seth Joyner dont get a sniff and carmichael had to weight 30 years😕

Dawkins numbers as the only player in league history with 25 ints 25 FF and 25 sacks clearly put him ahead of guys like polomalu yet seems every time i see a list if great safeties polomalu is ahead of dawkins and im like say what now???😕

1 hour ago, Iggles_Phan said:

I've never got Nutella.  Totally overrated in my mind.

I grew up on it.  I remember my teachers freaking out when my Mom would pack me Nutella sandwiches for lunch. It got to the point that it was brought up in teachers meetings and parents were given guidelines on what not to pack for lunch.  They said something along the lines of "Children should not have chocolate sandwiches for lunch".

My Mom brushed them off and said that they didn't seem understand that Nutella isn't really "chocolate"....its derived from hazelnuts and when comparing it to a peanut butter & jelly sandwich, there's not a lot of difference.  (Peanut butter derived from peanuts, has fat, sugar,etc...jelly derived from fruits, has sugar, etc)

13 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Atwater was also not at the level of Dawkins.  But I looked at the numbers anyway comparing Troy P > Atwater > Dawkins

Atwater played before they started to keep tabs on PD and QB hits.  You can argue that Dawkins and Troy P made QB hits noteworthy for Safeties.  

Atwater- 10 seasons

Sacks- 5

FF- 6

Int- 24

Tackles- 1188

Pass Defended- Incomplete

QB Hits- Incomplete

Dawkins- 13 seasons

Sacks- 24

FF- 36 (which is a HUGE number)

Int- 37

Tackles- 1147

Pass Defended- 153

QB Hits- 17

Troy P.- 12 seasons

Sacks- 12

FF- 14

INT- 32

Tackles- 783

Pass Defended- 107

QB Hits- 12

Atwater was a name because of his hitting.  I am sure his QB hits would have been a decent number.  Not sure about his PD because he was not known as a coverage guy.  It is a travesty that he's ranked higher than Dawkins.  Troy P being ranked higher is just another example of how stupid some Americans are.  They see the Steelers on TV with those bandwagon towels and salivate because of the old days.  There is a ton of Steelers that could fall in the OVERRATED AS HLL category.  Hines Ward, Kordell Stewart, Heath Miller, Willie Parker, Antwann Randle Fell, Plaxico Burress to name a few.  Anyway, as stated by someone else, Dawkins numbers are all better than Troy P.  The body of work, really isn't close.  

Loved watching Atwater but yeah i wouldnt have him above Dawkins either.

Atwater could lay the wood but as much as he was known as a hitter Dawkins tripled the amount of forced fumbles.

6 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

Polamalu had nicer hair.  Really I think Dawkins should be behind Ed Reed and that's it.  Rod Woodson and Lott played CB as well as Safety.  No other safety played the role Dawkins did in terms of blitzing and hitting home.  

I've heard that quite frequently...

Add Sacks, INTs, and FF... all basically a turnover as very very few drives can sustain a sack and continue.  

Dawkins: 26 sacks, 37 INTs, 36 FF. = 99 drive ending plays.
Reed: 6 sacks, 64 INTs, 11 FF. = 81 drive ending plays.

Reed was a better ballhawk as a safety.  Dawkins was a better all-around safety.   So, the real question shouldn't be "which was better?", but rather "what style of safety do you need/want?"   Dawkins' style fit perfectly for Eagles and JJ defense.   Reed's style fit perfectly with Ravens.   That said... Dawkins  had more drive ending plays... so, I give him the nod (not being a homer... that's cold hard data).

2 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Guidelines on what not to pack for lunch?  Uhh, I don't f-ing think so.  If the child has behavioral issues, they can address that.  But they have no say in what parents pack their kids for lunch.  Unless it's beer or heroin.  I've never heard of that.  

Private Catholic School.  (Non parochial).

And my Mom continued to pack me Nutella sanwiches, regardless ...and told me if my teachers said anything to me about it, to tell them to talk to her and she would "educate" them.  :lol:

19 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

id put westbrook or van buren ahead of mccoy.

Vanburen retired as the leagues all time leading rusher and scorer.

Westbrook is the eagles all time yards from scrimmage leader, 3rd in tds behind van buren and carmichael, 4th in receptions, held team record for most receptions in a season with 90 before Ertz broke it. had less fumbles than mccoy and vannburen in more games and unlike mccoy was a great returner and not a trash human being.

Id also put Keith Jackson above Ertz. Jackson has 2 all pros to Ertz none.

On defense id put wes hopkins over bill bradley and its a joke that so many voted for jenkins to be ahead of guys like hopkins and waters. Whose the eagles all time leader in tackles? Andre dirty waters. Id also put Tre Thomas over Lane Johnson at this point. Lane when all is said and done may be there but not yet.

Oh and putting willi T over Maxie Baughn is gross negligence

19 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

Lott did play more safety than corner. Where as woodson played all over and for so long i just think hes a DB.

If i had a ranking of just best all time DBs id put woodson as number 1. 

Lott would be my number 1 safety he was just so good there.

My number 2 would be Reed and Dawkins would be 3 because he was so versatile and has the numbers to back it up, 37 FF for a DB is a wild number add on the sacks and INTs and the amount of impact plays he has is second to none.

A lot of people will say Krause deserves to be in top 3 because of his record 81 Ints but Krause was the cris carter of safeties. All he did is catch INTs😊

22 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Yeah i dont get it it, he has some highlight plays and of course he won a super bowl with the steelers but he also missed a ton of games and his stats arent really all that impressive.

I dont know how he get in the HOF and guys like Eric Allen, Seth Joyner dont get a sniff and carmichael had to weight 30 years😕

Dawkins numbers as the only player in league history with 25 ints 25 FF and 25 sacks clearly put him ahead of guys like polomalu yet seems every time i see a list if great safeties polomalu is ahead of dawkins and im like say what now???😕

I highlighted the difference.

14 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Guidelines on what not to pack for lunch?  Uhh, I don't f-ing think so.  If the child has behavioral issues, they can address that.  But they have no say in what parents pack their kids for lunch.  Unless it's beer or heroin.  I've never heard of that.  

I did my heroin before and after school. My Mom used to pack the little bottles of JD for my lunch. This way I could drink throughout the day.

18 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

So scotch is good? Back to school I go

56 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Atwater was also not at the level of Dawkins.  But I looked at the numbers anyway comparing Troy P > Atwater > Dawkins

Atwater played before they started to keep tabs on PD and QB hits.  You can argue that Dawkins and Troy P made QB hits noteworthy for Safeties.  

Atwater- 10 seasons

Sacks- 5

FF- 6

Int- 24

Tackles- 1188

Pass Defended- Incomplete

QB Hits- Incomplete

Dawkins- 13 seasons

Sacks- 24

FF- 36 (which is a HUGE number)

Int- 37

Tackles- 1147

Pass Defended- 153

QB Hits- 17

Troy P.- 12 seasons

Sacks- 12

FF- 14

INT- 32

Tackles- 783

Pass Defended- 107

QB Hits- 12

Atwater was a name because of his hitting.  I am sure his QB hits would have been a decent number.  Not sure about his PD because he was not known as a coverage guy.  It is a travesty that he's ranked higher than Dawkins.  Troy P being ranked higher is just another example of how stupid some Americans are.  They see the Steelers on TV with those bandwagon towels and salivate because of the old days.  There is a ton of Steelers that could fall in the OVERRATED AS HLL category.  Hines Ward, Kordell Stewart, Heath Miller, Willie Parker, Antwann Randle Fell, Plaxico Burress to name a few.  Anyway, as stated by someone else, Dawkins numbers are all better than Troy P.  The body of work, really isn't close.  

Hines Ward. The same series that ranked the safeties did a top ten WRs in the 2000s and Hines ward was ahead of steve smith, reggie wayne, boldin and fitzgerald.

I was like hines effin ward in top 10??? This isnt a top ten blocking WR list.

Then again they also had Marvin Harrison number 1 above Randy Moss, now i love me some starvin Marvin but Moss is the GOAT. Id put Moss above Rice so...

6 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Hines Ward. The same series that ranked the safeties did a top ten WRs in the 90s and Hines ward was ahead of steve smith, reggie wayne, boldin and fitzgerald.

Then again they also had Marvin Harrison number 1 above Randy Moss, now i love me some starvin Marvin but Moss is the GOAT. Id put Moss above Rice so...

You might have just disqualified yourself from all future discussions on rankings.   Sorry.

8 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

You might have just disqualified yourself from all future discussions on rankings.   Sorry.

Lol i get that, Rice was amazing and Moss was a super freak, id never seen a guy split triple teams until moss.

I think the knock on moss was that he didnt always go 100% where as Jerry was giving 100% in the chilly tub, dude was a workout freak and he never mooned the packers😄 but Moss was better imho

3 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Lol i get that, Rice was amazing and Moss was a super freak, id never seen a guy split triple teams until moss.

I think the knock on moss was that he didnt always go 100% where as Jerry was giving 100% in the chilly tub, dude was a workout freak and he never mooned the packers😄 but Moss was better imho

There is no measurement by which this can be empirically verified.

16 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Hines Ward. The same series that ranked the safeties did a top ten WRs in the 90s and Hines ward was ahead of steve smith, reggie wayne, boldin and fitzgerald.

10 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

I gotta agree Moss was a freak, the dude couldn't be covered. An ahole but a freak

Archived