EMB Blog: Once AGAIN. Politics to CVON!!!!!

4for4EaglesNest

1 hour ago, Wentz_Era said:

Hope everyone is doing alright!  Still working my tail off and got picked up for an assignment out at the Air Force Academy (work, not go to school there), so I'll be leaving Cali in October.  Looking forward to Colorado Springs! 

Colorado Springs is awesome. So many cool things reasonably close.   The dog needs a backpack and get him into the wilderness in the high mountains.  Nothing more majestic than sitting above the tree line in the Rockies and watching the afternoon thunderstorms approaching.  Where you are literally trying to time how long you can watch it and still get down below tree line before they reach you. 

• Replies 27.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, bpac55 said:

I think Davis and Huggins are both fringe roster/PS guys.  Don't see them getting cut yet. 

Replacements for the seven cuts?

1 hour ago, bpac55 said:

Alright gentleman.  How do you like your peanut butter and jelly sandwiches?  Are you white bread, creamy and grape?  chunky with strawberry? fluff? bananas?  Texas toast? Wheat?  No crust?

Have you ever tried to get creative and grill a pb and j?  Toast the bread for a warm sandwich?  What would you do to put the sandwich over the top?

Doing some research.

Wheat. Honey instead of jelly. Ruffles or thin apples for some crunch.  Better cold than hot. Creamy not crunchy. Best is government surplus that you have to whip the oil into. 

I have had grilled  peanut butter so hot isn’t bad.  Lot’s of things mix well with it like a hard cheese   Prefer a panini press (yes, I own one) and my favorite bread for that is ciabatta  

1 hour ago, bpac55 said:

Alright gentleman.  How do you like your peanut butter and jelly sandwiches?  Are you white bread, creamy and grape?  chunky with strawberry? fluff? bananas?  Texas toast? Wheat?  No crust?

Have you ever tried to get creative and grill a pb and j?  Toast the bread for a warm sandwich?  What would you do to put the sandwich over the top?

Doing some research.

Honey whole wheat bread. Peter Pan honey roasted creamy peanut butter. And i go grape or strawberry depends on the day. 

10 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Replacements for the seven cuts?

I’m not fully aware how the international players work but if he counts towards the 90 Matt Leo has an incredibly short leash 

30 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I’m not fully aware how the international players work but if he counts towards the 90 Matt Leo has an incredibly short leash 

He doesn’t count. Can go to PS and not count too 

1 hour ago, bpac55 said:

LOL, don't have to be 5 to enjoy a classic, nostalgic sandwich.  It's also a great meal pre workout.

I eat almond butter and jelly pre-workout. No bread. Comes in a packet from Split. Really gives you the energy without the bread. 

https://www.splitnutrition.com

4 hours ago, bpac55 said:

Doing some research.

Nature's Own Honey Wheat, JIFF creamy, grape jelly. Perfection.

8 hours ago, bpac55 said:

Doing some research.

Crunchy/grape on white. But I usually don't turn down food so......................

You guys all talking about pre workout meals reminds me of another reason that I like biking over running. Eating before running I barf. Eating before biking gives me additional energy to bike for hours. Back when I power lifted the only day I couldn't eat before hand was squat day guaranteed barf if I did. The only exception to that was a meet because I only had to perform like 10 lifts total. 6 or 7 at different weights to warm up and then my 3 on stage. I usually had a big breakfast that day (after weigh ins).

7 hours ago, vikas83 said:

I eat almond butter and jelly pre-workout. No bread. Comes in a packet from Split. Really gives you the energy without the bread. 

https://www.splitnutrition.com

Thanks for sharing that link.  Never heard of that before.  

12 hours ago, BigEFly said:

:offtopic:

Hallelujah, it’s raining. My grass is smiling.  Not too hard but steady.   Real good chance I have poblanos, Anaheims and Roma tomatoes so I can do Chile Rellenos this weekend and have enough of those with some jalapeños and bells for some pulled chicken for either soft tacos or enchiladas.  Wife is hinting she wants some sour cream enchiladas.  That’s a dish, like tacos al carbon, that you don’t see in the NE.

I thought poblano’s for chile rellenos 

1 minute ago, The guy in France said:

I thought poblano’s for chile rellenos 

Both poblanos and Anaheims work but the most common are poblanos. Both are ripening at the same time, so I will use both. 

4 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Both poblanos and Anaheims work but the most common are poblanos. Both are ripening at the same time, so I will use both. 

Them, pork tamales and pork enchilada verde platter is my go to at any and all Mexican restaurants. I should get a life but I go so rarely don’t want to mess it up. Mexican food one of a couple things I miss being out of the country 

What’s a reasonable expectation for the rookie class in this weird offseason?

Reagor: 40-45 catches for 550 yards and a handful of touchdowns. He’s a tricky one to project stats wise because Doug has said he will learn behind DJax. If he truly is the backup Z and DJax (if healthy) doesn’t move to the X in 12 personnel, that will limit his snaps greatly. Honestly, I don’t care as much about the stats as I do the eyeball test. I want to see explosiveness that forces the Eagles to both manufacture touches for him and take deep shots. 

Hurts: Barely plays outside of some gimmicky stuff. 

Taylor: Core special teamer who flashes athleticism. 

Wallace: Core special teamer who plays a little bit as the third safety due to injury. We have too much depth at nickel and he’s at best the fourth safety IMO so there isn’t a lot of room for snaps. I suspect he’ll show well enough that he will be the third safety in 2021. 

Driscoll: I’m not sure he‘s active much on game days, but he’ll battle for the 8th lineman spot. I’ll let the smarter OL observers offer up what they hope to see out of him.

Hightower: He would seemingly have a leg up for the final WR spot based on draft pedigree and may end up active occasionally due to injuries. I have little optimism of him making an impact this season, but if he’s forced to play I would hope to see a player who can separate downfield. 

Bradley: Probably my least favorite pick talent-wise, he’ll be fortunate to make the team. Maybe he can become a good special teamer like Najee Goode. 

Watkins: Best case scenario is he shows explosiveness and improved route running particular with stems and he earns the final WR spot, but he seems destined for the PS. 

Prince: Makes the team as our final OL and is inactive all year. 

Toohill: Flashes in camp to earn a PS spot. 

11 hours ago, bpac55 said:

Doing some research.

Ive grilled peanut butter with cheddar cheeese. Wasnt bad i was going for something like those cheddar peanut butter crackers.

As for traditional i go sprouted wheat natural PB with local honey or  peanut butter and tuna fish for super protein.

11 hours ago, Asg 15 said:

We got some rain today for the first time in a month

We're Still 10 inches above our normal rainfall.

What's rain?   :sad:

11 hours ago, bpac55 said:

Doing some research.

Toasted, creamy (preferred brands: Peter Pan Honey Roasted or Reese's) and Strawberry PRESERVES.    You can get a little more creative with a bit banana and a double decker - with an extra bit of peanut butter and banana sitting on top of the peanut butter and strawberry. 

(FYI... that was basically my post-dinner meal from age 14 - 19.) 

Watched a video of top 10 safeties of all time, done by ESPN??? they had Dawkins at 10 and Polomalu at 5😳

Am i missing something?dawk has 5 more Int and Dawkins has triple the forced fumbles double the sacks and about 200 more tackles so...???

Im just not seeing it. I would have swapped them and put Dawk at 5.

The rest were the usual cast of characters, Easly Atwater, houston, krause, ed reed and a couple other guys i cant remember.

23 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

What’s a reasonable expectation for the rookie class in this weird offseason?

Reagor: 40-45 catches for 550 yards and a handful of touchdowns. He’s a tricky one to project stats wise because Doug has said he will learn behind DJax. If he truly is the backup Z and DJax (if healthy) doesn’t move to the X in 12 personnel, that will limit his snaps greatly. Honestly, I don’t care as much about the stats as I do the eyeball test. I want to see explosiveness that forces the Eagles to both manufacture touches for him and take deep shots. 

Hurts: Barely plays outside of some gimmicky stuff. 

Taylor: Core special teamer who flashes athleticism. 

Wallace: Core special teamer who plays a little bit as the third safety due to injury. We have too much depth at nickel and he’s at best the fourth safety IMO so there isn’t a lot of room for snaps. I suspect he’ll show well enough that he will be the third safety in 2021. 

Driscoll: I’m not sure he‘s active much on game days, but he’ll battle for the 8th lineman spot. I’ll let the smarter OL observers offer up what they hope to see out of him.

Hightower: He would seemingly have a leg up for the final WR spot based on draft pedigree and may end up active occasionally due to injuries. I have little optimism of him making an impact this season, but if he’s forced to play I would hope to see a player who can separate downfield. 

Bradley: Probably my least favorite pick talent-wise, he’ll be fortunate to make the team. Maybe he can become a good special teamer like Najee Goode. 

Watkins: Best case scenario is he shows explosiveness and improved route running particular with stems and he earns the final WR spot, but he seems destined for the PS. 

Prince: Makes the team as our final OL and is inactive all year. 

Toohill: Flashes in camp to earn a PS spot. 

A lot with Reagor depends on 2 things.  D-Jack staying healthy and JJAW actually performing.  If or when D-Jack gets hurt, Reagor most likely will be forced in to action.  If that's the case he could have higher numbers.  If JJAW proves he hasn't improved and you have a 1st round WR on the bench you better find a way to get him on the field regardless of what position he's learning.  Can you imagine JJAW having a year like last year and Reagor not playing because of some explanation that he only knows Z?  We would lose our minds fast.  

I have Reagor at about 60 for 800, 6 TDs.  Probably high based on no off-season but if the kid can play he can play.

Hurts, doesn't even put his helmet on after the game starts.

Taylor, maybe he gets in on a few defensive packages.  I see him having a pick 6 raising our expectations for him.

Wallace I agree.  I think he'll make a few impact plays that get us really excited for next year.

Driscoll, Hightower, Bradley, Watkins are all grab bags if you ask me.  

Prince and Toohill are either phantom IR or PS guys.

10 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Nutella on toast is the stuff.   

I've never got Nutella.  Totally overrated in my mind.

1 minute ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Nutella is an excuse to eat chocolate for breakfast, having said that my kids love it😊

1 minute ago, Iggles_Phan said:

It's best you didn't.  I like Nutella from time to time but my goodness it's pure trash.

See the source image

14 minutes ago, RLC said:

If by stop he means "damn lucky he had butter fingers" then yes

Archived