EMB Blog: Once AGAIN. Politics to CVON!!!!!

4for4EaglesNest

3 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Falco by far. Utah had a bum knee and was injury prone

Utah was a better surfer though but Falcos girl was hotter😊

• Replies 27.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Who was a better QB Jonny Utah or Shane Falco???

I would’ve liked to see falco play in the playoffs to see if he had fully gotten over that horrible sugar bowl loss. 

54 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Different eras.   

As for the 'everyone automatically puts Rice at the top because he owns every record' part is where we differ.  I put Rice at the top because I watched them both play.  It's not even close.  The stats just confirm that.    

I watch them both play as well. I would take Moss on my team over Jerry at least talent wise

37 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

I've heard that quite frequently...

Add Sacks, INTs, and FF... all basically a turnover as very very few drives can sustain a sack and continue.  

Dawkins: 26 sacks, 37 INTs, 36 FF. = 99 drive ending plays.
Reed: 6 sacks, 64 INTs, 11 FF. = 81 drive ending plays.

Reed was a better ballhawk as a safety.  Dawkins was a better all-around safety.   So, the real question shouldn't be "which was better?", but rather "what style of safety do you need/want?"   Dawkins' style fit perfectly for Eagles and JJ defense.   Reed's style fit perfectly with Ravens.   That said... Dawkins  had more drive ending plays... so, I give him the nod (not being a homer... that's cold hard data).

I agree part of it was what he was called on to do in a defense.  I just think Reed was that much better of a coverage player and elite in that respect for a longer period of time.

33 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

You know what word has been used to death?  GOAT.  Ok.  It was cute back when they used it referring to Jerry Rice.  Now it's enough.  

Having a bad day? Here you go cute baby goat | StareCat.com

10 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

Oh the they did...at least the two or three teachers that taught my grade let the parents know about it.  I'll ask my Mom exactly how it went down but that's (more or less) how I remember it.  And we're talking 1982, btw.  

When I went to school it was hard to find a teacher who gave a damn what the kids had in their lunch.  My family grew up in a rural area and most of the better teachers taught in the city (supposedly).  We ended up with a lot of older teachers closer to retirement, who I suspect where shuffled through the system.

Without a lot of money I usually had 2 sandwiches — either cheese sandwiches, or bologna with mustard, and a piece of fruit.  Drank water from the fountain to stay hydrated.  Even as a kid I never had a ton of empathy for others, never paid attention to what other kids ate for lunch.  There were probably more than a few that had little to nothing, so I was fortunate I never had to go to school without.

24 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Alright the replacements movie is happening. all we need is Keenu reeves 

I like Bates better

Hi gents.

Hope you are all staying safe.

Opening the new Blog now that there appears to be real football rustling nearby.

Archived