Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

EMB Blog: Once AGAIN. Politics to CVON!!!!!

Featured Replies

23 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

No offseason is gonna be a problem for him in this transition. Ideally he’d be the third safety this season as he completes the move.

I agree, it is a pretty big switch. I really hope he is watching a lot of film and taking a lot of mental notes. 

  • Replies 27.2k
  • Views 2m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Meet my new Grandson Isaiah Lee greend

  • Green Dog
    Green Dog

    Hmm.  Feels like we've finally cut the cord.  Floating out in the ether. Anger at the faceless dismissal and marginalization of it's own fans by PE.com. But extreme gratitude for guys l

  • Rhinoddd50
    Rhinoddd50

    I mentioned this previously on this board, and in the past years ago on the other board.   I'm not sure Howie has ever come out and said it this plainly, but Howie is telling the truth here.   

Posted Images

47 minutes ago, justrelax said:

12% of the populace, 40% of the incarcerated.

In California, 7% of the populace, 45% of the 25-years-to-life prisoners.

Black males have approximately a one-in-four chance of being imprisoned in their lifetimes.

 

at what point can we discuss a culture that accepts violence and crime? or do we blame it all on externalities?

32 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

No offseason is gonna be a problem for him in this transition. Ideally he’d be the third safety this season as he completes the move.

good analysis that gives me little reason to think Mills will be successful in that role....

we really need Wallace to be a hit

1 minute ago, ToastJenkins said:

good analysis that gives me little reason to think Mills will be successful in that role....

we really need Wallace to be a hit

Wallace is going to fit in here very nicely.

Just now, ToastJenkins said:

at what point can we discuss a culture that accepts violence and crime? or do we blame it all on externalities?

I think culture plays a huge role not only on black society but also this new Antifa mindset that many young white kids have.  

Everything from rap music which still glorifies violence, anti-police rhetoric, shooting etc. to video games which has created a generation of kids who are numb to violence, theft, assualt and murder can all be attributed to current state of affairs. 

Watching people stomp on another human or flock to a car like predators just to smash the car and drag out the driver or beat business owner couple with 2x4s is just heartwrenching and makes you wonder, how can a human act like this to their fellow man?  This is learned behavior.

3 hours ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Just curious.   Was Jenkins the first Saint to call him out?   I'm sure he was the first on video. 

I give Jenkins credit for saying what many thought.  However, there was no public response that could have kept Brees' comment from becoming an inferno for that team and City.   

No, Jenkins was one of the last to call him out. I think Michael Thomas was first or close to it

1 minute ago, bpac55 said:

I think culture plays a huge role not only on black society but also this new Antifa mindset that many young white kids have.  

Everything from rap music which still glorifies violence, anti-police rhetoric, shooting etc. to video games which has created a generation of kids who are numb to violence, theft, assualt and murder can all be attributed to current state of affairs. 

Watching people stomp on another human or flock to a car like predators just to smash the car and drag out the driver or beat business owner couple with 2x4s is just heartwrenching and makes you wonder, how can a human act like this to their fellow man?  This is learned behavior.

all kinda comes back to this dont you think? thats why there is no middle ground - we are dealing with mutually exclusive philosophies as to human nature

Thomas Hobbes vs. John Locke. Thomas Hobbes and John Locke were to philosophers with opposing opinions on human nature and the state of nature. Locke saw humanity and life with optimism and community, whereas Hobbes only thought of humans as being capable of living a more violent, self-interested lifestyle which would lead to civil unrest./quote]

 

35 minutes ago, greend said:

Look, to me it's pretty simple. No I don't agree with kneeling when you are to stand for the star spangled banner and I don't agree with those who do. I doesn't mean that I don't think they may have a point I just don't agree with their method of protest I love my country and the flag that represents it and I will respect both, but I definitely don't agree with everything that America does or everything that all the people who live here do. 

Racism will likely never end here, just as much as other crimes will not, because there are always evil men/women on this earth that want to hurt others. That said I would love to live in a world where my color,your color, no one's color means a damn thing one way or the other. I think I have the hope of someday living there (you have the right to your opinion on that) I just don't think it will ever be on this planet.

I'm open to do whatever I can legally and within my beliefs to achieve whatever we can do to become as close as possible to that equality now.

 

Congrats, you should be Brees new PR person. If he said that word for word no one would bat an eye. 

20 minutes ago, Mike31mt said:

But the paying customers, who tuned in to watch a football game, can be 

I mean, wasnt the point of kneeling during the anthem to be a little divisive?  Otherwise, why do it? 

So its silly to do that and then be stunned and offended when someone has an issue with it.  You reap what you sow there. Its just all or nothing, with us or against us, when life isnt that way

I have to say you seem to have taken an all or nothing stance here yourself.

15 minutes ago, Mike31mt said:

But the paying customers, who tuned in to watch a football game, can be 

I mean, wasnt the point of kneeling during the anthem to be a little divisive?  Otherwise, why do it? 

So its silly to do that and then be stunned and offended when someone has an issue with it.  You reap what you sow there. Its just all or nothing, with us or against us, when life isnt that way

I don’t think it was to be divisive as much as it was to draw attention. Holding a picket sign outside of SFPD doesn’t have the same effect. 

That’s not to say he was oblivious to the reaction it would receive by many. IMO, it says a lot more about our society that folks are more outraged by his kneeling than they are what he was kneeling about.

8 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

good analysis that gives me little reason to think Mills will be successful in that role....

we really need Wallace to be a hit

It’s a small sample size, so take comfort in that. At least he will be immersed in that role this season. 

It just underscores how much work has to be done. I have no idea if zoom meetings and a single training camp will be enough for him to be a net positive. 

2 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

I don’t think it was to be divisive as much as it was to draw attention. Holding a picket sign outside of SFPD doesn’t have the same effect. 

That’s not to say he was oblivious to the reaction it would receive by many. IMO, it says a lot more about our society that folks are more outraged by his kneeling than they are what he was kneeling about.

You have to remember this kneeling movement was started by Kap who was clearly antagonistic to police.  

Since then Jenkins and Kap/Reid have almost split into two opposing groups.  Jenkins has been much more restrained and respectful in his protesting.  I dont think people are anywhere near as offended by him as they were Kaepernick

Some Eagles nuggets from Caplan and Mosher podcast that came out this morning:

-Mosher says he has been told by source 0% chance players OR even coaches will be returning to NovaCare in the entire month of June despite the reopening. 

-When players do return, they will have to quarantine for a week or two before taking a Covid test before they can get on the field. He alluded to players and coaches staying in a hotel. Also said there will be frequent testing during the season. He didn't mention if the players would come in early to quarantine, but the Eagles couldn't make players do  that anyway. So sounds like TC time on the field will be limited. 

-Caplan says JJAW had a foot injury during the season, either turf toe or plantar fasciiitis which limited him. Eagles are hoping a healthy JJAW can contribute. 

-Dillard vs JP they speculated that Eagles would wait to get Dillard in the building before making a decision. They want to see what he did on his own during the offseason and if he got stronger. 

Just now, Mike31mt said:

You have to remember this kneeling movement was started by Kap who was clearly antagonistic to police.  

Since then Jenkins and Kap/Reid have almost split into two opposing groups.  Jenkins has been much more restrained and respectful in his protesting.  I dont think people are anywhere near as offended by him as they were Kaepernick

No doubt who the messenger is affects the message to many. I choose to focus on the message. 

23 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

Both sides in this situation need to be more open minded. 
 

Either way I’ll never understand why people get so worked up over how people they don’t know think. 

I agree.  Though Jenkins and Brees do know each other.

48 minutes ago, greend said:

Look, to me it's pretty simple. No I don't agree with kneeling when you are to stand for the star spangled banner and I don't agree with those who do. I doesn't mean that I don't think they may have a point I just don't agree with their method of protest I love my country and the flag that represents it and I will respect both, but I definitely don't agree with everything that America does or everything that all the people who live here do. 

Racism will likely never end here, just as much as other crimes will not, because there are always evil men/women on this earth that want to hurt others. That said I would love to live in a world where my color,your color, no one's color means a damn thing one way or the other. I think I have the hope of someday living there (you have the right to your opinion on that) I just don't think it will ever be on this planet.

I'm open to do whatever I can legally and within my beliefs to achieve whatever we can do to become as close as possible to that equality now.

 

I’d be interested to know what methods of protest do you agree with?

25 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

at what point can we discuss a culture that accepts violence and crime? or do we blame it all on externalities?

I think we're trying to do that now.

2 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

No doubt who the messenger is affects the message to many. I choose to focus on the message. 

Yes. 

2 hours ago, greend said:

I do, but I also believe that choices we make in life are figured into that as well.

It may be.  But, at the same time, there's the story of the 102 year old lady that eats eggs and bacon every day of her life, smokes 2 packs a day, etc.   And then there's the 40 year old health nut that dies from a heart attack while jogging.  My genes are what they are.  I can't change them, and I can only fight so much against them.  Both my grandfathers were active until they hit 80+... one well beyond.  My dad is very active... and is 77.  I'll take what comes... good or bad.  I appreciate the advice.  I eat healthy foods, and I eat unhealthy foods.  The way I see it, too much of either is a bad thing.   Some health food is amazingly delicious, as is some unhealthy food.  Some unhealthy food isn't worth eating... same for some healthy food.    I even planted kale this year.  If that's not "health food", I don't know what is.  ;) 

9 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

No doubt who the messenger is affects the message to many. I choose to focus on the message. 

My only response is that Kaeps message/delivery are substantially different than Jenkins'

Not everyone is buying it. 

13 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Some Eagles nuggets from Caplan and Mosher podcast that came out this morning:

-Mosher says he has been told by source 0% chance players OR even coaches will be returning to NovaCare in the entire month of June despite the reopening. 

-When players do return, they will have to quarantine for a week or two before taking a Covid test before they can get on the field. He alluded to players and coaches staying in a hotel. Also said there will be frequent testing during the season. He didn't mention if the players would come in early to quarantine, but the Eagles couldn't make players do  that anyway. So sounds like TC time on the field will be limited. 

-Caplan says JJAW had a foot injury during the season, either turf toe or plantar fasciiitis which limited him. Eagles are hoping a healthy JJAW can contribute. 

-Dillard vs JP they speculated that Eagles would wait to get Dillard in the building before making a decision. They want to see what he did on his own during the offseason and if he got stronger. 

Am I out of line saying Covid news is now falling on deaf ears.   Everything we've been told to do (shelter, social distance, mask, no large groups etc.) has now taken a back seat to protests where every single rule that has been beaten in to us by Gov. Wolf, Levine, the media, commercials, celebrities and the like has been broken.  The 3 color phase for PA has changed every week.  Greennow says if you want to have a gathering outside there are no limits, use your best judgement.  

Gov Wolf was out protesting with hundreds, same with Mayor Helfrich here in York who actually came out and admitted his hypocricy after protesting and lifted all bans in the city of York.  People who were fighting for PA to re-open (no not people who want a haircut or their nails done) were told they were cowards for protesting on the steps.  

It will be interesting to see where our numbers stand in 2 weeks.  They are getting lower by the day.  

5 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Some Eagles nuggets from Caplan and Mosher podcast that came out this morning:

-Mosher says he has been told by source 0% chance players OR even coaches will be returning to NovaCare in the entire month of June despite the reopening. 

-When players do return, they will have to quarantine for a week or two before taking a Covid test before they can get on the field. He alluded to players and coaches staying in a hotel. Also said there will be frequent testing during the season. He didn't mention if the players would come in early to quarantine, but the Eagles couldn't make players do  that anyway. So sounds like TC time on the field will be limited. 

-Caplan says JJAW had a foot injury during the season, either turf toe or plantar fasciiitis which limited him. Eagles are hoping a healthy JJAW can contribute. 

-Dillard vs JP they speculated that Eagles would wait to get Dillard in the building before making a decision. They want to see what he did on his own during the offseason and if he got stronger. 

Really hope JJAW had plantar fasciitis and that's why he was so bad.  

4 minutes ago, WentzFan11 said:

Not everyone is buying it. 

The answer to the question the reporter asked Brees regarding the anthem was sincere, thought out and honest from Brees.

The apology was sincere, thought out and I feel honest as well.

What the heck do people want?  It's ridiculous anymore.  There is only 1 set of rules anymore to follow and if you don't agree the hell with you. 

 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.