EMB Blog: Once AGAIN. Politics to CVON!!!!!

4for4EaglesNest

Anyone interested in well done, real-world documentaries should check out:  Making a Murderer, The Staircase and Evil Genius.  All 3 are available on Netflix.

• Replies 27.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Die Hard Fan’s take on in-person voting reminded me of this fake commercial on 30 Rock. 

16 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

Also if we do have to go OT due to lack of football news, why can't it be something fun and non-toxic? Stuff like:

- Billions is pretty good show, although this season is kinda meh, any other good shows y'all would recommend.

- What movies we are looking forward too watching eventually? Tenet? Black Widow?

- What was the last good vacation spot you went to that you would recommend? Wellington New Zealand is all kinds of awesome btw.

- Anybody catch the PS5 reveal? Can't wait to play Horizon 2 and Spider-Man: Miles Morales.

Point is, we can fill the void of football news without going to divisive topics like politics and religion. And to be honest if we let the blog go full CVON, then F*** attracting new members, you'll drive off the existing ones.

I'm a huge aviation nerd and I was really looking forward to Top Gun 2.  Some of the flying scenes they've created look incredible.

Also was looking forward to Stranger Things 4.  Never been a huge sci-fi guy but as a guy who loves nostalgia, they really nailed life in the 80s as a group of kids.

A show that I would highly, highly recommend checking out is The Expanse, it's on Amazon Prime. Phenomenal show with very high production values. It centres around what could plausibly be a potential real life clash of superpowers long after we are gone. Earth versus the now settled and populated Mars.

21 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

My Zucchini update will be posted later this afternoon.

Like it's hard to grow zucchini. 😅

5 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

they really nailed life in the 80s as a group of kids.

This is what makes that show for me. 

10 hours ago, BigEFly said:

JFC. Trump campaign sued all PA counties today to limit our ability to vote by mail, a law passed with bipartisan support including my Republican representative and my Republican senator.  My 81 and 84 year old neighbors, I have no idea what party they are in and don’t care, have asked my help in getting signed up to get mail in ballots.  She has COPD and heart issues as well as a bad hip that leaves her in pain when she stands and should never need to go to the polls to vote.  What a dope move. As a Republican, I am embarrassed. 

It's asinine and inhumane.  I think it has little chance of garnering any traction in the Courts.  I don't think they believe in the merits of the suit.  So I think it is a political show.  What I don't understand is how they believe this is helpful to them.  The majority of mail in ballot voters are Republicans.  I know studies show that mail in voting may not favor either party significantly.  So it's a wash but it's a wash that lends legitimacy to the winner.  So there's a net benefit to the country which is especially relevant when there are legitimate concerns about Russian influence in the elections and hacking of voting machines. 

I've been watching "Really Scary People" with Donnie Walberg. Saw the Jim Jones one last night, that dude was not right in the head but 900 people followed him to death.

1 minute ago, Ace Nova said:

This is what makes that show for me. 

Sure did.  Something as simple as a group of buddies on their bikes knowing short cuts across your whole town just takes me back to great times.  

The score is really good too.  Don't know the guys at all but their names are Kyle Dixon and Michael Stein.  

7 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

I'm a huge aviation nerd and I was really looking forward to Top Gun 2.  Some of the flying scenes they've created look incredible.

Also was looking forward to Stranger Things 4.  Never been a huge sci-fi guy but as a guy who loves nostalgia, they really nailed life in the 80s as a group of kids.

My buddy is a graphic artist and the two of us are products of the 70's/80's.  He has been designing pins, t-shirts, and sticker packs mostly based on that nostalgia and it is interesting to see people our age and also younger kids getting it.  He did these off of the wrestling buddies pillows if anyone remembers those...

wrestling-buddies-02.png

2 minutes ago, purplefiggy said:

My buddy is a graphic artist and the two of us are products of the 70's/80's.  He has been designing pins, t-shirts, and sticker packs mostly based on that nostalgia and it is interesting to see people our age and also younger kids getting it.  He did these off of the wrestling buddies pillows if anyone remembers those...

wrestling-buddies-02.png

Who can name all those old time wrestlers? I can

2 minutes ago, greend said:

Without giving anything away, I loved "Top row middle guy" as a kid.

One more kick of nostalgia for your Tuesday morning...this a t-shirt design.  I was going to buy it for my 20 year old daughter but she had no idea what it was.  Bad parenting I suppose...

0552840e-2647-4103-bdd9-e626eb22c158.png

11 minutes ago, purplefiggy said:

wrestling-buddies-02.png

Those things were the best.  

20 minutes ago, greend said:

Like it's hard to grow zucchini. 😅

It's not... hence the concern.  I have 7 plants.  Some folks were worried I'd be overrun.  I'd tell you how I am faring, but don't want to ruin the update later.

17 minutes ago, greend said:

I've been watching "Really Scary People" with Donnie Walberg. Saw the Jim Jones one last night, that dude was not right in the head but 900 people followed him to death.

I don't need a show for that, I can just go to the grocery store and see it play out live in front of me.

27 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Die Hard Fan’s take on in-person voting reminded me of this fake commercial on 30 Rock. 

Miss VA'a post? 

17 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Nickell... top 5...   🤣

I'll see myself out, thanks.

15 minutes ago, greend said:

Like its hard to name 9 things:  Larry, Curly, Moe, Huey, Duey, Louie, Snap, Crackle and Pop.

Done.

13 minutes ago, purplefiggy said:

One more kick of nostalgia for your Tuesday morning...this a t-shirt design.  I was going to buy it for my 20 year old daughter but she had no idea what it was.  Bad parenting I suppose...

I was at SkyDome for WM6! 7 y/o me was in heaven, though I was more a fan of Hulk

1 hour ago, Mike030270 said:

So I take it no one knows what will happen to contracts if the season is canceled?

No idea. For most sports, it wouldn't affect future cap space, but unlike the NBA/NHL/MLB, NFL teams can borrow from the future to pay for today and vice-versa. If you're a team that spent a lot of cap in 2020, to not have it in 2021, you'd be furious if there wasn't rollover. This applies to the Eagles, Saints, Steelers, Falcons, Texans, etc. 

27 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

Miss VA'a post? 

I must have. 

Edit: That commercial was spot on though. 

10 hours ago, Diehardfan said:

Damn right I do. Those people seem to be able to walk miles and stand in line for however long it takes and have to show ID. Absentee ballots are for people who won't be in the area or who are disabled. Past that get the hell in line and show ID and stop ****ing about hardships.

Yeah and other not 3rd world countries do voting on line. 

Because they actually want their citizens to vote in a fair election.

Instead of closing down 97% of polling stations the day before a primary.

Not to mention werent you 5 posts earlier whining about BLM protesters spreading covid but now instead of voting at home by mail youre demanding people stand in line and be grateful for their right to do so?

Take your sanctimonious unhinged rhetoric and cram it😒

34 minutes ago, purplefiggy said:

Couldn't beat his entrance.

1 hour ago, D-Shiznit said:

Also if we do have to go OT due to lack of football news, why can't it be something fun and non-toxic? Stuff like:

- Billions is pretty good show, although this season is kinda meh, any other good shows y'all would recommend.

- What movies we are looking forward too watching eventually? Tenet? Black Widow?

- What was the last good vacation spot you went to that you would recommend? Wellington New Zealand is all kinds of awesome btw.

- Anybody catch the PS5 reveal? Can't wait to play Horizon 2 and Spider-Man: Miles Morales.

Point is, we can fill the void of football news without going to divisive topics like politics and religion. And to be honest if we let the blog go full CVON, then F*** attracting new members, you'll drive off the existing ones.

:roll:There’s been sub forums for all of that even on the old board 

You all need to venture out of TATE once in awhile :lol:

Archived