Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

6 hours ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Wow Siri is giving up play calling our primary play caller will be our OC Steichen. 

Not saying it is a bad thing but am shocked rare to see offensive minded HC give up play calling nowadays 

Just finished that article. I was like, "OK! (?)" 

(?) comes from…I'm wondering if Steichen was the biggest reason why the O started to click mid - late season. 

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Or arguably the most likely D: adding a veteran proven QB upgrade.

Who do you think will be that guy?

8 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Saying this one time, if Hurts sucks rocks he is gone before the year ends. If he isn't getting Brown,Smith,Quez and Goedert the stats, we need to find the guy that will or guys won't want to play here again and I would like to see Shew and Strong both play in garbage time

Hurts won't  be gone.  He won't suck...... the issue is if he is just so so vs of he is good enough to get paid.    You have said it yourself.. you expect 10 or 11 wins....and be honest, that isn't with Hurts even playing that well.  The schedule starts easy, so you can expect them to win, he isn't going to be replaced if they win.    

This is about Howie and Lurie feeling if Hurts is the long term answer.  Not about any fans focusing only on 2022 and " Shew"  possibly playing.     We don't matter and neither does " Shew"   Hurts, Lurie and Howie... that's the only 3 people that matter this year.

1 hour ago, EaglesTD123 said:

(?) comes from…I'm wondering if Steichen was the biggest reason why the O started to click mid - late season. 

The reason the O clicked was the opponent.  

2 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

The reason the O clicked was the opponent.  

Oh, I firmly believe the opponent had the highest degree of lending credibility to the O's success. I also believe though, that letting our superior OL go more run blocking also had a hand in this. 

8 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Or arguably the most likely D: adding a veteran proven QB upgrade.

No this seems more unlikely then Hurts. For the top reason who will be available???? 

I’ll pass on Murray if he is available next year rather draft a QB. 

Really been thinking all night about veteran QB for next year that Ham seems to think is most likely who is it that he sees available?

NFCN- Rodgers-no Kirk-pass Goff-pass Fields- no

NFCS- Brady-no Winston-pass Darnold-pass Mariota- pass

NFCW- Jimmy G- didn’t want him this year so next year isn’t going to change, Kyler- pass, Drew Lock-pass Stafford- no

AFCE- Allen-no, Tua-no Mac-no Wilson-no

AFCW- Herbert-no Mahomes-no Wilson-no Carr- maybe but he just signed an extension and really doesn’t swing the scale that much upgrade over Hurts about it.

AFCN- Pickett/Trubusky-no Lamar-no Burrow-no Watson-no Mayfield-pass 

AFCS- Ryan-pass Lawrence-no, Mills-no Tannehill-pass 

Sooooooo who is this vet we are most likely to sign next offseason can someone tell me????? 

9 hours ago, joemas6 said:

Hurts won't  be gone.  He won't suck...... the issue is if he is just so so vs of he is good enough to get paid.    You have said it yourself.. you expect 10 or 11 wins....and be honest, that isn't with Hurts even playing that well.  The schedule starts easy, so you can expect them to win, he isn't going to be replaced if they win.    

This is about Howie and Lurie feeling if Hurts is the long term answer.  Not about any fans focusing only on 2022 and " Shew"  possibly playing.     We don't matter and neither does " Shew"   Hurts, Lurie and Howie... that's the only 3 people that matter this year.

IDK we felt Wentz "wasn't going anywhere" either. Bradord was "OUR QB" until the day we traded him LOL. Howie invested,he needs results from those investments. I fear another easy schedule will make Hurts look better than he is,then we are stuck with a big money 4 year contract for "mediocre"

47 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Really been thinking all night about veteran QB for next year that Ham seems to think is most likely who is it that he sees available?

NFCN- Rodgers-no Kirk-pass Goff-pass Fields- no

NFCS- Brady-no Winston-pass Darnold-pass Mariota- pass

NFCW- Jimmy G- didn’t want him this year so next year isn’t going to change, Kyler- pass, Drew Lock-pass Stafford- no

AFCE- Allen-no, Tua-no Mac-no Wilson-no

AFCW- Herbert-no Mahomes-no Wilson-no Carr- maybe but he just signed an extension and really doesn’t swing the scale that much upgrade over Hurts about it.

AFCN- Pickett/Trubusky-no Lamar-no Burrow-no Watson-no Mayfield-pass 

AFCS- Ryan-pass Lawrence-no, Mills-no Tannehill-pass 

Sooooooo who is this vet we are most likely to sign next offseason can someone tell me????? 

I'd take Stafford

FWIW, it was pointed out that Sanders did not score in 2021. He was out 4 games, still that is abysmal

42 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

I'd take Stafford

Don’t think stafford will be available… My breakdown was 

No= won’t be available or won’t come here 

Pass- I don’t want and we shouldn’t want. 

21 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

So who out there is a BU upgrade over Shew? Mayfield?

I’m talking a vet starter if they decide Hurts isn’t the guy. We saw Tampa Bay get Brady and win it all. Saw Stafford go with the Rams all the way. Build a team then add a top high priced bet. Proven in todays NFL.

15 hours ago, EaglesTD123 said:

It makes the job for the OC more legit. That way he maybe gets considered for a HC job. I’m going on a limb and saying they had a talk. Siri figured this would help him out the best.

15 hours ago, joemas6 said:

Who do you think will be that guy?

I think Hurts is the guy. But there always seems to be a guy or two lately shake free. Murray seems like the obvious guy to move. But I believe we’ll end up seeing Hurts is a better franchise guy than him. Murray is missing some of those key intangibles you always laugh about. He’s got tons of talent. But doesn’t work nearly as hard. Seems like he feels entitled. Kind of Primma Donna type. Him fading in crucial spots and at the end is the line for me that makes him not work. You can build a team with all levels of player. But when it comes to the big moments they can’t shrink. Gotta step up. That’s where I feel Hurts is going to prove to be really good. He isn’t Marino slinging the ball. But he’s competitive as hell. He’ll do whatever it takes for the win. 

Tom Brady will be available. Gotta admit that would be so interesting in so many ways. Pretty sure he’s just on a one year delay to Miami….because the Lawsuit screwed everybody up.

Somebody will have a disaster season. Things will get ugly. So some  QB will force a trade. It’s all the rage nowadays.

I see the draft as the same as usual. Two top QBs. Bama kid probably pan out. Ohio St cupcakes uo their schedule. They play like almost all hime games against Appalachian St and such. They get a tough game or two in the Big Ten. Then off to the playoff. Where they’ll get smoked by actual battle hardened teams that had to earn tough wins. You need those tough games…even if you take a loss or two. Cause you learn to fight back and not quit. Having your second and third string QB play all the second half in blowouts of chumps is just a scrimmage. Think Ohio St leaves him in longer this year though. He’s going to run up the stats for a run at the Heisman. I think he wins it. He’ll put up some 600 yards vs Southwest Nobody St in Columbus Ohio. So all these stat guys will eat that crap up. I’m not as devoted to the simple stats. Score is the main stat. Wins! College football gets so lopsided sometimes. Why five WR all go to the same school I don’t know. Georgia was just flooded with talent. They actually did pretty well spreading the wealth though. That was impressive how they rotated all those quality guys the whole game. Takes a heck of a leader in a coach to get guys to buy into that. Georgia might have taken over on Saban. I know Saban whined about injuries. And he did get hit brutally. Saban is a heck of a coach. But i love to hate him. So I liked seeing him fall.

9 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Somebody will have a disaster season. Things will get ugly. So some  QB will force a trade. It’s all the rage nowadays

Rodgers, Mahomes, Wilson, Hebert, Burrow, Allen, Watson are not going anywhere.

Outside of those guys I’d rather draft a QB 

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I see the draft as the same as usual. Two top QBs. Bama kid probably pan out. Ohio St cupcakes uo their schedule.

Not looking to deep at the draft then are you…. Realistically this draft is poised to have 3 big names. And my favorite is neither Bama or Ohio at but the kid down in Miami. 

Outside of Of those 3 guys always come out of nowhere I mean Burrow he wasn’t a #1 overall guy until he broke out. 

We’ll see how these other QBs pan out. The first two seems like a fifty fifty proposition….when you look back through history. We can all point to the Mahomes and ARod and such taken later. But how do you identify a top QB you’d take 15th? Seems to me if he’s that good….you’d trade up and take him top five. The draft record proves me wrong. I loved Russel Wilson coming out. But I can’t say I could pick out any of these other guys(past top two). It’s a crap shoot. Especially if you take him first round. Hurts is a heck of a bar to beat. I haven’t seen anybody come out since he was drafted that was better. I mean yes, I like Trevor. I think the Jets kid going to be alright too. We’ll he is with the Jets…so just being Butt Fumble qualifies as being their Ring of Honor worthy.

37 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I’m talking a vet starter if they decide Hurts isn’t the guy. We saw Tampa Bay get Brady and win it all. Saw Stafford go with the Rams all the way. Build a team then add a top high priced bet. Proven in todays NFL.

LOL yeah like the 57 Wilson rumors,so WHO is that guy??? Mayfield is a "vet starter",then again so is Shew. So who is available for this? I would rather draft my future 

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Hurts is a heck of a bar to beat. I haven’t seen anybody come out since he was drafted that was better. I mean yes, I like Trevor. I think the Jets kid going to be alright too. We’ll he is with the Jets…so just being Butt Fumble qualifies as being their Ring of Honor worthy.

Your delusional that’s why lol Mac Jones easily played better. Mills played on par that’s two guys there…. Easy to see Lance being better. 

Wilson I liked way more then hurts but the Jets could be his doom. Lawrence likely to be much better not dealing with the Meyer circus 🎪 

The reality is the bar is extremely low with how Hurts played last year below avg. passing isn’t going to cut it and no his ground game doesn’t offset it 

38 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

This is all fine and dandy outside of no vet starters going to be available this was a very odd offseason don’t see QBs move teams like that often. No vet QB going to be available.

Next best option is draft . 

23 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Tom Brady will be available. Gotta admit that would be so interesting in so many ways. Pretty sure he’s just on a one year delay to Miami….because the Lawsuit screwed everybody up.

Somebody will have a disaster season. Things will get ugly. So some  QB will force a trade. It’s all the rage nowadays.

IF brady plays another year why would be come here for a year? Nobody will sign him fort a long term now,so all you are doing is paying out hug money to be in the same position in a year

15 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Then off to the playoff. Where they’ll get smoked by actual battle hardened teams that had to earn tough wins.

BS OSU was a powerhouse for many years. Took Michigan 9 tries to win that game,so stop with the BULLSH** labelling BTW there are more than TWO QB'[s next draft if you'd bother to do any research

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

IF brady plays another year why would be come here for a year? Nobody will sign him fort a long term now,so all you are doing is paying out hug money to be in the same position in a year

You pay Brady for a year to get a ring but no I don’t see Brady wanting to come to Philly to play. So point is moot. 

Realistically the option would probably be Murray(slightly better version then Hurts) can’t pass when it matters with far superior weapons,

Jimmy G/Mayfield both we could have now but don’t and possibly

Derek Carr and I like Carr but not enough to trade for don’t see him as the QB that puts you over the top 

Archived