Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

2 hours ago, joemas6 said:

Agreed...  wondering how many of these teams with equal or better pass rush have the guys like Slay, Bradberry and Maddox to cover too?

I wonder how many teams have an equal or better DC than we do........... I would think this is as, if not more, important than the players we have suiting up......

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

https://www.phillyvoice.com/noteworthy-nfl-date-june-1-almost-here-what-does-it-mean-eagles/

So we're 10.84 mill otc

We get 1.2 June 1st when Brooks retires, 3.16 on the Cox retirement.

Is Jessie Bates really worth the 13 mill? We could use it to extend players on short term deals 

Personally,I would not spend that on him

49 minutes ago, stine said:

I wonder how many teams have an equal or better DC than we do........... I would think this is as, if not more, important than the players we have suiting up......

There we go... something needed to take responsibility from the players.  Our young DC in demand for a head coaching job could hurt us as compared to all the other DCs that are top head coaching candidates. 

8 hours ago, joemas6 said:

This QB hasn't done that.   He can get it all he wants...but hasn't proven to be able to do it yet.  Passing not running.

There is a huge WHOLE job to do being the leader. He’s proven a ton in one year of being the starter. Setting the example for the entire team. Off the field doing the right things. Showing a great work ethic in the film rooms and practice fields. Leader of the team. Runs the offense. A good amount of audible and play check responsibilities presnap. Converted very well on the money third down conversions. Improved the offense in the Redzone big time.  Milked most of what he could get from his pass catchers. I just don’t think you can really ask much more of a rookie WR.  Quez we knew was developmental. Thought Hurts did a very good job developing him. He took a huge leap last year. Goedert had his career season. He hasn’t been good enough in the Redzone still though. Reagor? Just seems like he isn’t going to work out here. Had that spectacular catch in TC last year. But doesn’t look like he’s clicking. 

26 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

There is a huge WHOLE job to do being the leader. He’s proven a ton in one year of being the starter. Setting the example for the entire team. Off the field doing the right things. Showing a great work ethic in the film rooms and practice fields. Leader of the team. Runs the offense. A good amount of audible and play check responsibilities presnap. Converted very well on the money third down conversions. Improved the offense in the Redzone big time.  Milked most of what he could get from his pass catchers. I just don’t think you can really ask much more of a rookie WR.  Quez we knew was developmental. Thought Hurts did a very good job developing him. He took a huge leap last year. Goedert had his career season. He hasn’t been good enough in the Redzone still though. Reagor? Just seems like he isn’t going to work out here. Had that spectacular catch in TC last year. But doesn’t look like he’s clicking. 

And yet again....the question is simple.  Can he see the field and make a throw on the current NFL level.    That is the question.   You keep pointing out all the other stuff that we know and all agree won't be a problem.  

If he doesn't get his contract it's not going to be for lack of trying, lack of knowledge,lack of anything else...  except that he simply can't do the 2 fundamental things that are paramount to the position of QB. 

1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Runs the offense

LMFAO 1 read and run is "running the offense"? It's more like "my 1 guy is not open time to panic run". IDK that that is running the offense when you bust a play open because you can't see 4 receivers,sounds like a LACK of same to me. So the stage is now set,we went out of our way to give him every tool possible,we bolstered the defense to keep him on the field for more scoring chances. After this season the question is do we payout a 5 year 35+ million dollar a year contract for him? Maybe Ham can answer yes, but I am not yet convinced

22 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Ham,yeah I'm sure the coaches had zero to do with that. I saw a round 4 WR. That's not developing, that was the expectation(Quez). Reagor failed on both of those and why we have no takers for trading him. We've been trying to unload him for awhile now and if Hurts was SO good at "developing" WR's,we wouldn't even be trying to unload him. SO which is it,it's either all on Hurts or all on the coaching staff as to who develops? Maybe it's the player? So Hurts could develop Quez but not Reagor who was a 1 pick? Smith was ready to go day 1,nobody developed him did they? Of course he will get better over time,but you can clearly see the PLAYER has more to do with his own success. Smith vs Reagor. it's not close Coaching fail,QB fail or player fail? I don't see where Hurts got the best out of Reagor. Love how you hand pick success stories while ignoring the other ones. So how did Hurts fail to develop Reagor?. If you ask me(which you didn't) it's a combo of all things and you will never convince me Hurts developed anyone. Coaches are responsible for teaching route trees(not the QB). Coaches are responsible for teaching box out skills,enhancing blocking skills,how to change your hip movement to get separation(not the QB). Players also learn on their own how their QB spins the ball on throws(with the help of coaches) and how to adjust to catching those vs their college QB's. Hurts has ZERO to do with that. he throws the ball,they catch it,it's simple enough. Noone on here WISHES Hurts to fail. We ALL hope he has made that jump. The WR's will be ready to catch,he needs to get them the ball. As far as running the offense,that is still up in the air. When you miss wide open guys you are not at the level needed. His stats we middle of the road playing trash teams last year. Another easy schedule,but hopefully we will play teams at full strength,so this is the year to find out WHO the QB will be the next 5 years

5 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Yeah I'm sure the coaches had zero to do with that. I saw a round 4 WR. That's not developing, that was the expectation. Reagor failed on both of those and why we have no takers for trading him. We've been trying to unload him for awhile now and if Hurts was SO good at "developing" WR's,we wouldn't even be trying to unload him. SO which is it,it's either all on Hurts or all on the coaching staff as to who develops? Maybe it's the player? So Hurts could develop Quez but not Reagor who was a 1 pick? Smith was ready to go day 1,nobody developed him did they? Of course he will get better over time,but you can clearly see the PLAYER has more to do with his own success. Smith vs Reagor. it's not close Coaching fail,QB fail or player fail? I don't see where Hurts got the best out of Reagor. Love how you hand pick success stories while ignoring the other ones. So how did Hurts fail to develop Reagor?. If you ask me(which you didn't) it's a combo of all things and you will never convince me Hurts developed anyone. Coaches are responsible for teaching route trees(not the QB). Coaches are responsible for teaching box out skills,enhancing blocking skills,how to change your hip movement to get separation. Hurts has ZERO to do with that. he throws the ball,they catch it,it's simple enough

Wrong guy that you quoted here.   That was Ham, not me.

2 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Wrong guy that you quoted here.   That was Ham, not me.

yes, sorry LOL. I quoted myself(deleted the other)

50 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

yes, sorry LOL. I quoted myself(deleted the other)

If you see Smitty thriving. See the later rounder Quez blooming when featured more. Reagor as a starter getting the snaps isn’t producing. You blame theQB. Sone blame probably can go towards coaching. But the obvious answer is Reagor isn’t developing and producing. Occum’s Razor….just apply…the simplest answer is probably the answer.

No thanks on the plaque GB. Recorded the SB and the parade including Kelce's speech - still hilarious. Kelce's a guy I'd love to have a few beers with.

46 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Like Pedey isn’t familiar with Reagor? I’m sure Pedey has all kinds of ideas of how to get Shenault involved. He has a little Deebo in him. Tough RB type WR. Screens. Reverses. They’ve been in a train wreck coaching situation also. Reagor has been featured much more and stunk.

Kareem Hunt is such a crap person. Don’t think he’s worth disrupting the culture here. 

Njoku signed a little bit cheaper than Goedert. Be interesting to see what the Raiders TE signs for. He should be plenty more than Goedert you’d think.

Tomorrow is a significant day. June first sone money moves around for the league year. Could make a move pretty quickly if we have something worked out in principle just waiting for the deadline.

57 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

If you see Smitty thriving. See the later rounder Quez blooming when featured more. Reagor as a starter getting the snaps isn’t producing. You blame theQB. Sone blame probably can go towards coaching. But the obvious answer is Reagor isn’t developing and producing. Occum’s Razor….just apply…the simplest answer is probably the answer.

SO the QB isn't developing SQUAT. Smith thrived from day 1 and Quez has been here for a few years and has a better understanding of the offense,the QB had ZERO to do with development. Reagor was the 1 trick pony I said he was from the beginning and the coaches can't develop him.Once again has nothing to do with Hurts. eventually they can get a chemistry going which is the WR knowing how the QB operates

54 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Like Pedey isn’t familiar with Reagor? I’m sure Pedey has all kinds of ideas of how to get Shenault involved. He has a little Deebo in him. Tough RB type WR. Screens. Reverses. They’ve been in a train wreck coaching situation also. Reagor has been featured much more and stunk.

LOL that has zero to do with if the trade is made or not-ZERO. That is a FO decision not the coaches

56 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

yes I remember the long posts about me for JJ and you for Reagor and I knew Reagor was trash and overrated and a 1 trick pony, but Howie listened to you and here we are.

1 hour ago, mjkline1958 said:

No thanks on the plaque GB. Recorded the SB and the parade including Kelce's speech - still hilarious. Kelce's a guy I'd love to have a few beers with.

Me too,dude is a riot

10 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

SO the QB isn't developing SQUAT. Smith thrived from day 1 and Quez has been here for a few years and has a better understanding of the offense,the QB had ZERO to do with development. Reagor was the 1 trick pony I said he was from the beginning and the coaches can't develop him.Once again has nothing to do with Hurts. eventually they can get a chemistry going which is the WR knowing how the QB operates

A QB who develops WR's is one that can throw multiple type passes and challenge the WR. Hurts can't/doesn't do that to this point. We got him an already developed WR and Brown will actually challenge Hurts to get him the ball. This is what I need to see from Hurts(not Brown) So in this case the WR will develop the QB,if there is any development to be had we will see it happen

Archived