Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

Featured Replies

  • Author

No Mas how can you not see the flaw?

  • Replies 89.6k
  • Views 2.8m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Posted Images

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

But we are giving up sacks and not getting that yards per carry like others. You focus on the highlight huge hole. But overall we lose too much there….if we have the best.

Not working 

Explain my questions then

How can I explain your questions?  Shouldn't you have to explain your own questions?     

My point has been consistent.   When comparing something... tell me which OL you would prefer to have?

But if yiur point is the OL of 2022 isn't good...  then you must really prioritize improving it in 2023.   That $8 mil you allocate to Sanders..could be thrown in to get a stud RG. 

  • Author

Obviously being prisoner of the current moment just watched our Oline get handled by the Colts. 

So then we are the best Oline. Invest heavily. But how many Oline Dline matchups do we not win?

2 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

They are the best Oline. We giving up tons of sacks and not getting as good yards per carry as others. Not winning the Dline Oline matchup too much. Colts best is there. Tampa beat us there. So you keep investing so much in an area we keep losing? Don’t get it. Not seeming like a great idea anymore.

Idk... our line seems to get praised everywhere though???   Again... I'll ask for like the 9th time... which OL would you prefer?

  • Author

26 sacks

Yard short per carry

Just now, cunninghamtheman said:

Obviously being prisoner of the current moment just watched our Oline get handled by the Colts. 

So then we are the best Oline. Invest heavily. But how many Oline Dline matchups do we not win?

Obviously avoiding a direct question?  

Really confused for a guy who likes to " call it"    why can't name an OL you would prefer to have? 

Just now, cunninghamtheman said:

26 sacks

Yard short per carry

And yet 31 other options I haven't heard yet?

  • Author
2 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

How can I explain your questions?  Shouldn't you have to explain your own questions?     

My point has been consistent.   When comparing something... tell me which OL you would prefer to have?

But if yiur point is the OL of 2022 isn't good...  then you must really prioritize improving it in 2023.   That $8 mil you allocate to Sanders..could be thrown in to get a stud RG. 

I’m not arguing against our Oline being the best. Not saying we haven’t invested heavily in it. I’m pointing out the flaw in this logic in todays nfl.

Just now, joemas6 said:

Obviously avoiding a direct question?  

Really confused for a guy who likes to " call it"    why can't name an OL you would prefer to have? 

And yet 31 other options I haven't heard yet?

We are one of the best. I keep saying this in all my responses. I’m not saying we rank lower

7 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Idk....who has a better OL?  

But if it's as bad as Ham says... we are going to need to replace guys.  Really we have to replace guys anyway due to age and contracts expiring. 

Right we brought Mailiata up,happy that paid off,Jurgens should be ok when kelce goes. Dickerson seems to be ok at LG,Lane still bugs me on the RT side. Davis was a great pick. Need a top edge guy,that will make Davis even more effective,so I agree hit the lines maybe get a promising DB

  • Author

Your avoiding the question. I’m not debating that part. 

2 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

No Mas how can you not see the flaw?

Because you can't name another OL out of 31 choices.   

If I was on the other side of the debate... you know I would be naming OLs.   But we debate differently.  I like facts and examples.  Comparisons etc.  

Not theories 

  • Author

I mean why invest so heavily in Oline? We have the best. But lose that matchup against many Dline. Giving up too many sacks. Not getting enough yards per carry.

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I’m not arguing against our Oline being the best. Not saying we haven’t invested heavily in it. I’m pointing out the flaw in this logic in todays nfl.

We are one of the best. I keep saying this in all my responses. I’m not saying we rank lower

But one of means there are better... you are the most dialed in person I know....you like listening to position coaches press conferences.    You know every college player... surely you can name an OL that's better ... especially after reading those stats?

  • Author
1 minute ago, joemas6 said:

Because you can't name another OL out of 31 choices.   

If I was on the other side of the debate... you know I would be naming OLs.   But we debate differently.  I like facts and examples.  Comparisons etc.  

Not theories 

Ok. I’ll answer again after I’ve stated several times about us being the best Oline. Clear enough? Now stop avoiding my questions. I’ve been saying we have the best Oline over and over in my questions. It’s not working enough though.

2 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Because you can't name another OL out of 31 choices.   

If I was on the other side of the debate... you know I would be naming OLs.   But we debate differently.  I like facts and examples.  Comparisons etc.  

Not theories 

Your not debating. Your running around the questions that point to the obvious flaws in investing in Oline in this day of NFL.

  • Author
6 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Idk... our line seems to get praised everywhere though???   Again... I'll ask for like the 9th time... which OL would you prefer?

You seriously just quoted me saying we are the best then responded with this.

4 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I mean why invest so heavily in Oline? We have the best. But lose that matchup against many Dline. Giving up too many sacks. Not getting enough yards per carry.

Our O line is aging buddy

  • Author
30 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Given up a bunch of sacks. Having a low yards per carry. So we are best. Invest heavily. But not working. We dominate some…or even much. Why do many sacks then? Why low yard per carry?

Seems the top teams to me have good DLines. So if I can’t count on our Oline to win that matchup ….what are we doing?

 

  • Author
12 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

They are the best Oline. We giving up tons of sacks and not getting as good yards per carry as others. Not winning the Dline Oline matchup too much. Colts best is there. Tampa beat us there. So you keep investing so much in an area we keep losing? Don’t get it. Not seeming like a great idea anymore.

 

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I mean why invest so heavily in Oline? We have the best. But lose that matchup against many Dline. Giving up too many sacks. Not getting enough yards per carry.

Well...because as you said... it's not about 2022... it's about the future 

Tell me how our OL looks Iike next year?   You have starters and backups not under contract.  It needs to be addressed.

Look at recent years....our OL.  It's been good, great and bad.   Look how the record reflects that.   Now look at RB room.  How has the record reflected that room?  

You can't justify paying Sanders.   Keeping a certain amount of starters isn't a good reason. 

  • Author
12 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

They the best. I don’t know. But if they are it’s clearly a bad investment. Losing the matchup too much. Gotta rethink things then. Right?

 

8 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I’m not arguing against our Oline being the best. Not saying we haven’t invested heavily in it. I’m pointing out the flaw in this logic in todays nfl.

We are one of the best. I keep saying this in all my responses. I’m not saying we rank lower

 

6 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I mean why invest so heavily in Oline? We have the best. But lose that matchup against many Dline. Giving up too many sacks. Not getting enough yards per carry.

 

4 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Ok. I’ll answer again after I’ve stated several times about us being the best Oline. Clear enough? Now stop avoiding my questions. I’ve been saying we have the best Oline over and over in my questions. It’s not working enough though.

Your not debating. Your running around the questions that point to the obvious flaws in investing in Oline in this day of NFL.

 

  • Author

All my quotes of myself I’m saying we are the best Oline. How much more cami say it. Avoided nothing. Not sure how many more times I can say it.

You actually quoted me where my first sentence was…we are the best. Then said I was dodging the question.

7 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Ok. I’ll answer again after I’ve stated several times about us being the best Oline. Clear enough? Now stop avoiding my questions. I’ve been saying we have the best Oline over and over in my questions. It’s not working enough though.

Your not debating. Your running around the questions that point to the obvious flaws in investing in Oline in this day of NFL.

If you're not investing in your O line what good will it be to have a stud paid RB if there are no holes? Remember how we shut down Dalvin Cook? He sucked again this week too because apparently teams have found a way to clog up their O line(see Davis)

4 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Ok. I’ll answer again after I’ve stated several times about us being the best Oline. Clear enough? Now stop avoiding my questions. I’ve been saying we have the best Oline over and over in my questions. It’s not working enough though.

Your not debating. Your running around the questions that point to the obvious flaws in investing in Oline in this day of NFL.

So we have the best OL in football?  How does our record compare?  

You see correlation?  Or do you just cherry pick stats? 

Name the best RBs each year in the last 20 years.. look at the team records.  Say Taylor last year? Years with Pederson, LT, the guy from Houston I keep forgetting his name..  doesn't translate.  

I'm saving $ on RB and upgrading the FA I can get on the OL with that $$.   Brooks absolutely changed our OL.   I have to think a stud RG added to Mailata and Dickerson will have bigger impact than Miles Sanders. 

  • Author
14 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

It's his play style we game plan for it. Nothing to do with hate,it's how he plays. We're trying to let him grow into more of a pass oriented QB,but we'll [play to his running style as that develops and maybe in a year of 2 we see a complete NFL QB? As your QB grows you can change the people around him. We have already planned ahead for this signing AJ to a 4 year drafting Smith,trying to find TE 2. Those are people in place when Hurts GROWS. Right now he runs because that's what he has always done. he will wean himself off as he gets better at passing. if we weren't planning for that WHY get AJ or Smith? Just get 3 BEAST RB's and have at it.so,in my view this has all been set up for Hurts to succeed and grow into a complete QB. IMO he has a ways to go,but the tools are there for him. he couldn't learn or grow with the likes of reagor who hampered that effort and why I wanted him OUT since the day we drafted him

I can’t agree. He obviously will keep working his butt off and improve. But you still just missing the boat on what a weapon he is with his legs. Win that last game with them. He’ll keep improving his passing. The connection with him and his receivers will grow. But DCs and defensive players can’t handle all his threats. You see how he just frustrates these defenders? Juked guys straight up. They know what’s coming. Have a prayer in position. But still can’t make the play.

Goedert is a good blocker,so at times he is part of the O line,not technically,but you know what I mean,he can help open things on the edge for the RB's

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

But you still just missing the boat on what a weapon he is with his legs

How can I miss that that IS his weapon. It's certainly not his passing prowess and those stats get padded by 4 yard passes and 20 YAC

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.