Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

Featured Replies

3 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Gotta weigh everything out. Can’t pay every great player big money. Can’t draft everything position first two days.

Yes...whichever scale you want to use... none should tell you to pay Sanders top ten $$ vs getting the comp pick for losing him.

  • Replies 89.6k
  • Views 2.8m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Posted Images

  • Author
3 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

One without Sanders

I know you never liked him. You like Gainwell. You believe in committee of mediocrity.

  • Author

I’m not completely set on keeping Sanders by the way. But he clearly stepped up and looks much more cut this year. But I’m just considering the possibilities. Having a whole team with our situation.

2 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

When you suck…just draft BPA. Bring in quality underrated FA. But the goal is building that top team. Gotta be able to complete the puzzle.

Hargrave probably like 15 mil to keep. I’d just pay Ceedy at that choice.

Idk if Hargrave is going to get 15... but nobody would pay him 15 over paying CGJ 18.  Especially when looking long term

  • Author

Sanders is arguably the cheapest starter to retain is how I see it. So makes him much easier to fit in the plans. 

1 minute ago, joemas6 said:

Idk if Hargrave is going to get 15... but nobody would pay him 15 over paying CGJ 18.  Especially when looking long term

Valuing him at 14.5 at over the cap

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I know you never liked him. You like Gainwell. You believe in committee of mediocrity.

Whatever BS you want to spin... it will never land on paying Sanders top 10 $$.   Gainwell is bargain basement price...under contract...in 3rd string role.  You draft the lead RB next year...get the cheap vet in the mix along with UDFAs...and Sermon.  Then you focus on building your lines. 

  • Author

I think teams will bid for Hargrave and he’ll have plenty of interest. So here comes that comp pick

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Sanders is arguably the cheapest starter to retain is how I see it. So makes him much easier to fit in the plans. 

Valuing him at 14.5 at over the cap

And not worth keeping.   There is an absolute reason he should be the cheapest starter... doesn't mean we need to keep him or any of them.

  • Author
Just now, joemas6 said:

Whatever BS you want to spin... it will never land on paying Sanders top 10 $$.   Gainwell is bargain basement price...under contract...in 3rd string role.  You draft the lead RB next year...get the cheap vet in the mix along with UDFAs...and Sermon.  Then you focus on building your lines. 

Bargain price for a guy that blows assignments and brings nothing really to the table. What goods that? That’s where I’m bringing in undrafted guys to take him out. And Sermon.

Just now, cunninghamtheman said:

I think teams will bid for Hargrave and he’ll have plenty of interest. So here comes that comp pick

Good... I'm not worried. I think teams might bid for Cox and everyone else too ... time to focus on the future. It doesn't have Cox, Hargrave or Sanders in it... IMO.

  • Author

I like scrappy Scott. But c’mon…Scott beat out Gainwell. Been stealing the carries also. Gainwell does nothing for me. I’d drop him to PS and give Sermon a go. It’s like you want to talk about whether to trade for AJ or not then are saying why spend all that on him when we have Ward. Makes no sense to me.

We need good players to…make plays.

Sanders can

Gainwell really I haven’t seen anything

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Bargain price for a guy that blows assignments and brings nothing really to the table. What goods that? That’s where I’m bringing in undrafted guys to take him out. And Sermon.

Again... 3rd guy. It's fine in that role.  You cut him if you find another guy you like better.   You replace Sanders with a day 2 pick.... from there the rest is less important. 

  • Author

I mean do you want to key Hurts walk because we have Book or whatever super cheap. Terrible logic there.

Just now, joemas6 said:

Again... 3rd guy. It's fine in that role.  You cut him if you find another guy you like better.   You replace Sanders with a day 2 pick.... from there the rest is less important. 

Day two pick is a high investment

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I like scrappy Scott. But c’mon…Scott beat out Gainwell. Been stealing the carries also. Gainwell does nothing for me. I’d drop him to PS and give Sermon a go. It’s like you want to talk about whether to trade for AJ or not then are saying why spend all that on him when we have Ward. Makes no sense to me.

We need good players to…make plays.

Sanders can

Gainwell really I haven’t seen anything

Ham... you can make fun of Gainwell all you want.... he has a better chance being on the roster as 3rd string than Sanders does at top ten $$$.  

  • Author

You can’t even consider paying Sanders and using that pick on a position that would cost much more to keep our FA.

Just now, joemas6 said:

Ham... you can make fun of Gainwell all you want.... he has a better chance being on the roster as 3rd string than Sanders does at top ten $$$.  

Top ten money is crap 

Just now, cunninghamtheman said:

I mean do you want to key Hurts walk because we have Book or whatever super cheap. Terrible logic there.

Day two pick is a high investment

?? On the first part...no clue about a book?    

Day 2 investment is what Lurie has made plenty of times for a RB.  They will invest a pick to avoid the $$$ . We have seem that for 30 years...why do you think it changes with Miles Sanders?

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

You can’t even consider paying Sanders and using that pick on a position that would cost much more to keep our FA.

Top ten money is crap 

I agree top ten money is  crappy idea for Sanders.

  • Author

I’ll give you that your clever to have figured that out. Sounds like an obvious no. Sanders isn’t worth top ten money. But you are using that huge dropoff at this one position to your agenda. Well done. But I’m dealing with big picture reality. Money will go up for RBs guaranteed. This little freak huge drop off won’t continue. Any decent RB getting paid will easily change this.

James Conner is the 10th highest paid RB at $7 mil.     If Sanders can get $8 mil....that's a great comp pick.

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I’ll give you that your clever to have figured that out. Sounds like an obvious no. Sanders isn’t worth top ten money. But you are using that huge dropoff at this one position to your agenda. Well done. But I’m dealing with big picture reality. Money will go up for RBs guaranteed. This little freak huge drop off won’t continue. Any decent RB getting paid will easily change this.

But it not the Eagles organization that is going to pay Miles Sanders...that will cause the change.   What in following the Eagles the last 30 years gives you a different idea?

  • Author

16 mil for the top Rb and 7 mil for the tenth. Well done cresting an argument based on this. Several will get paid this offseason and completely change this situation. So when considering signing Sanders going forward are we basing it on 2022 or going forward?

  • Author

Sanders is an unique at his position also. Most RB  don’t last. Short life span position. These guys get ground up so much before they even reach the pros. But Sanders hasn’t been. I would say he’s just reaching his prime.

If you want to pay a guy...he needs a special skill. 

What is it from Sanders that you don't think can be replaced? 

You give zero reason...other than you don't want to pay the other free agents or that Gainwell sucks.    Both aren't good long term or big picture reasons to pay Sanders.   It's a panic move if anything. 

  • Author
18 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Yes...whichever scale you want to use... none should tell you to pay Sanders top ten $$ vs getting the comp pick for losing him.

You gotta talk 2023 money and forward. 2022 isn’t relevant.

Just now, joemas6 said:

If you want to pay a guy...he needs a special skill. 

What is it from Sanders that you don't think can be replaced? 

You give zero reason...other than you don't want to pay the other free agents or that Gainwell sucks.    Both aren't good long term or big picture reasons to pay Sanders.   It's a panic move if anything. 

I’m not totally saying Sanders has to be paid. But I see a big dropoff from him to others.

3 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

16 mil for the top Rb and 7 mil for the tenth. Well done cresting an argument based on this. Several will get paid this offseason and completely change this situation. So when considering signing Sanders going forward are we basing it on 2022 or going forward?

Going forward....I'm not paying Sanders.  

  • Author

So if you talk big games and such…we need Sanders.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.