Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

Featured Replies

  • Author

The money for Sanders is fairly cheap though. Especially when comparing to several other of our FA.

  • Replies 89.6k
  • Views 2.8m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Posted Images

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

That’s a big price for a RB for Rosie. He wouldn’t do it until almost forced to with Sanders.

Shady, Duce, Westbrook, Garner, Sanders.... the Eagles will absolutely invest a day 2 pick for RB rather than pay.   It's absolutely their way of doing it.

  • Author

Tons of choices to make. Sanders low mileage. Anybody we keep has to be like a four year contract. That way Rosie can do his pay for  2023 play in 2028.

Edwards, Gardner-Johnson,Hargrave,Cox,  Bradberry all much more expensive than Sanders will be

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

The money for Sanders is fairly cheap though. Especially when comparing to several other of our FA.

It's not fairly cheap.   If you get him for $2 or 3 mil per...great...no way you pay him top 10 money.. let some other team do it.  Top ten money of you want to use committee is not good business. 

  • Author

I have some issues with Sanders I’ll admit. Terrible pass blocking for one.

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Tons of choices to make. Sanders low mileage. Anybody we keep has to be like a four year contract. That way Rosie can do his pay for  2023 play in 2028.

Edwards, Gardner-Johnson,Hargrave,Cox,  Bradberry all much more expensive than Sanders will be

Again... stop with this idea we have to retain a certain number of our FAs.  That isn't good business.   You don't overpay for RB because you are going to lose a S and CB..  that isn't smart.

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I have some issues with Sanders I’ll admit. Terrible pass blocking for one.

I have issues with Sanders,Cox, Hargrave, Bradberry, Gardner-Johnson..everyone has issues.     To be honest...I'd overpay CGJ and let everyone else go.  He is worth any combo of the money you want to put on any of the other guys.  Bradberry would be choice 2.  

I'll pay more money to a player that's better than pay good money for what you get from the Sanders,Cox etc.

  • Author
3 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Shady, Duce, Westbrook, Garner, Sanders.... the Eagles will absolutely invest a day 2 pick for RB rather than pay.   It's absolutely their way of doing it.

Before Sanders you went back to Shady. Then what 1994? Duce was round three way back then. Westy round three also. 2019 then 2009. I don’t know. A decade. To me that says Rosie doesn’t want to do it until forced.

3 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Again... stop with this idea we have to retain a certain number of our FAs.  That isn't good business.   You don't overpay for RB because you are going to lose a S and CB..  that isn't smart.

It’s big picture thinking

Roster building

  • Author

I’m considering draft picks, money and gaining potential compensatory picks.

  • Author
2 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

I have issues with Sanders,Cox, Hargrave, Bradberry, Gardner-Johnson..everyone has issues.     To be honest...I'd overpay CGJ and let everyone else go.  He is worth any combo of the money you want to put on any of the other guys.  Bradberry would be choice 2.  

I'll pay more money to a player that's better than pay good money for what you get from the Sanders,Cox etc.

He’s looking at 18 mil per. He’s been bad tackling also other than one of the last games. Playmaker. But I’m not sure how to quite think about that. Love playmakers. But a bad tackling S is just fundamentally tough to build a defense around.

Plus we will earn that crucial high comp pick by letting Ceedy walk.

  • Author

I see Edwards as the big payday keeper.

S money blew up. Not sure I can financial make as much sense around paying Ceedy Deuce those figures.

  • Author

I can’t figure how to afford it. Unless we trade Hurts.

Let Edwards walk also

  • Author

Think it’s a bad move to let Edwards walk. He earned it here. Leading our D. Bad look to not do right by him. Players see that stuff. They all know it’s a business. 

I don’t know how to put it all in words about Edwards. But you gotta do right by him

  • Author

Think the whole team would not swallow not doing him right. FO and coaches would lose trust and credibility. Why anyone would trust Rosie is beyond me anyway.

  • Author

Think he used on the AJ contract. Huge contract. But think he was promising more. Then under the gun forced some BS fake numbers. So he could give him the appearance of he got much more than he actually signed.

  • Author
20 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

It's not fairly cheap.   If you get him for $2 or 3 mil per...great...no way you pay him top 10 money.. let some other team do it.  Top ten money of you want to use committee is not good business. 

You stretching things with the top ten part. Clever. Because the actual top guys are getting great money. But the dropoff is massive. 2 or 3 mil is an insult. I stretched things out to maybe consider 8 mil. Think that’s too far. But what’s the cost of any other starter? We can afford to pay a starting RB more than any of these others. Then you can use that draft pick elsewhere.

10 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Before Sanders you went back to Shady. Then what 1994? Duce was round three way back then. Westy round three also. 2019 then 2009. I don’t know. A decade. To me that says Rosie doesn’t want to do it until forced.

It’s big picture thinking

Roster building

So Lurie IMO is the guy who the organization follows as far as the overall big picture philosophy.  Since he has taken over...what do we have for day 2 RBs?

Garner, Duce, Buckhalter, Westbrook,  Shady...gap there for Sanders for sure.  They invested $$ in Murray....dumb move.  They absolutely view a huge difference from round 1 vs round 2 as far as their position philosophy.  Given the choice of paying Sanders or using a day 2 pick... it's easy to see their history.   Easy to see they don't view Sanders as a bell cow.  Forget what you or any other fan would do. Forget your love for Sanders and hate for Gainwell.  Forget " I called it" ...but ask yourself...do you really see Lurie/ Howie paying Miles Sanders? 

  • Author

Gotta balance things. Sanders isn’t bringing the big comp pick either.

  • Author
23 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Again... stop with this idea we have to retain a certain number of our FAs.  That isn't good business.   You don't overpay for RB because you are going to lose a S and CB..  that isn't smart.

I think we have all these options at our disposal. How can we complete a full roster?

Team building you know

  • Author

We al value Bradbury and Gardner a Johnson more than Sanders. But there that cap thing.

So with the salary cap and draft picks what is the best team we can put together?

14 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I see Edwards as the big payday keeper.

S money blew up. Not sure I can financial make as much sense around paying Ceedy Deuce those figures.

You spend on impact players.  You can retain Sanders and Hargrave for same money as CGJ....what choice are you making?  I'll take the better player.  

But...i would wafer they let him walk also...I'm just saying priority wise he would be before Sanders. 

If Sanders gets top ten $$ for his position...that could be the 3rd highest comp pick we get, after CGJ and Bradberry.

  • Author

Gotta weigh everything out. Can’t pay every great player big money. Can’t draft every position first two days.

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

We al value Bradbury and Gardner a Johnson more than Sanders. But there that cap thing.

So with the salary cap and draft picks what is the best team we can put together?

One without Sanders

  • Author

When you suck…just draft BPA. Bring in quality underrated FA. But the goal is building that top team. Gotta be able to complete the puzzle.

3 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

You spend on impact players.  You can retain Sanders and Hargrave for same money as CGJ....what choice are you making?  I'll take the better player.  

But...i would wafer they let him walk also...I'm just saying priority wise he would be before Sanders. 

If Sanders gets top ten $$ for his position...that could be the 3rd highest comp pick we get, after CGJ and Bradberry.

Hargrave probably like 15 mil to keep. I’d just pay Ceedy at that choice.

  • Author

But I’m talking about a proven starter that isn’t anywhere near that money.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.