Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

Featured Replies

48 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Really felt initial momentum for the trade was QB related. That we needed that ammo for a qB pick. That I was hearing a bunch about it being a strong QB class.

Right...and that's why you got your balls in a bunch about it.   It's what the media had to put out there for their story...it's to boring to just say, this was a great value.   They need the soap opera...and you follow suit.

  • Replies 89.6k
  • Views 2.8m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Posted Images

  • Author
6 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Not rubbing anything in... that's your style " I called it"   I'm just going to be consistent .  Playoff teams are not going to let a running QB beat them by running.  We shall see what happens.  Maybe Hurts is a guy to break that trend... which is great for us fans.  If not, the next day my focus would be on offseason.   I don't have to say I called it...because it's not a prediction.  It's an observation based on history of the league and what I have observed about playoff sports from watching and playing.  Lose and go home is a game changer in preparation and intensity... teams will sell out 100% to make sure you don't beat them a certain way...I believe it will be making sure Hurts doesn't beat them by running, especially to his right.  I expect a heavy box with DB blitzes coming outside of Lane Johnson and pushing Hurts left.  I think teams will be ok if they lose playing that way in a playoff game.  I think it's different than a regular season game where you want to stay somewhat in the box with standard strategy. 

So you just don’t see us as contenders. Don’t see Hurts winning in postseason.

49 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

QB situation working out like I was seeing now though…no thoughts changing?

It's a better trade if the QB works out long term.   You have a young QB who could have his 3rd contract before the age of 30...why would you not want to set him up long term with the best possible roster?  

  • Author

So none of any of these things really matter for you No Mas. Only thing that can help your point of view is Hurts crashing so hard. Rosie doing the huge bold move i mentioned of trading him. Not going to happen. Your stuck unfortunately 

  • Author
15 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Tell me how,pick by pick,then tell me who we're going to add with pick 31 because the Saints pick is NOT there

You can’t follow. Too hard. I’ve tried so many times with you on this. Just kick back. But you just aren’t understanding what I’m saying.

47 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Alshon got us a Super Bowl. So turned out excellent, right?

Torrey Smith excellent vet presence

  • Author
10 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Not rubbing anything in... that's your style " I called it"   I'm just going to be consistent .  Playoff teams are not going to let a running QB beat them by running.  We shall see what happens.  Maybe Hurts is a guy to break that trend... which is great for us fans.  If not, the next day my focus would be on offseason.   I don't have to say I called it...because it's not a prediction.  It's an observation based on history of the league and what I have observed about playoff sports from watching and playing.  Lose and go home is a game changer in preparation and intensity... teams will sell out 100% to make sure you don't beat them a certain way...I believe it will be making sure Hurts doesn't beat them by running, especially to his right.  I expect a heavy box with DB blitzes coming outside of Lane Johnson and pushing Hurts left.  I think teams will be ok if they lose playing that way in a playoff game.  I think it's different than a regular season game where you want to stay somewhat in the box with standard strategy. 

The I called it is fair. But I have a track record for years here. I put myself out there and foresee things before they take place. I share those thoughts. You don’t operate that way. You stay safe behind hindsight. All good. Just harder to predict than evaluate the past. Track record should be strong if you don’t go on any limbs. But I got you on one now. With Hurts. He’s going to win in the postseason. You going to be wrong. His legs work. Teams won’t magically decide they would like to win games in the postseason. They try every week. Now, they can really focus on stopping him running. I’m not denying that completely. NFL too good. But they’ve been focused on the potential MVP all season. He still doing it. 157 yards in a game style…still!

45 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Don’t think it’s some new created thought by me. But argued against the idea this year. Seemed Tartt or others were wanted for their experience. I was on the side of youth. Don’t really remember you piping in your thoughts on those known vets vs the unknown youth this year. 

I had no thoughts on Tartt ...no idea who he is...nor really Blankenship until he just got in... my big picture focus has been the QB, his weapons,  protection and the overall D.    I think those things are what has allowed the coaches to finally use decent strategies to win.   I don't really care about the 53rd man at this point.  The QB is what is going to make or break this year.  And if we fail while he proves himself in the playoffs... that is still a much bigger win for us than Blankenship, Tartt or a rookie backup S.  

47 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

But if you already seen the guys ceiling…if it’s not significantly a huge difference between unknowns with potential….then why not go for it? Go for future payoffs with possible good to great outcomes.

100%.  

  • Author
14 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Yeah...I think you are alone. For sure. 

My normal. But it keeps working out for me at a pretty high rate.

  • Author
14 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Yeah... the Saints wanted to be a top team and made a desperate trade.   We took advantage. 

Wasn’t really desperate. They needed Olave. Made the move.

47 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

You can’t follow my plans enough. So I’m just going to get stuck trying to explain it all again. You just can’t remember we had three first round picks for some reason.

I follow...I think you just don't follow that you assume that a trade partner would be there with the deal you are seeking.   You just can't acknowledge the unknown.  Why?

  • Author

Why is Saints pick next year more valuable than them getting a guy this year?

  • Author
16 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Yeah... the Saints wanted to be a top team and made a desperate trade.   We took advantage. 

I’ve seen many lopsided trades. Can’t see this one that way at all. Think on paper it looks favorable to us…slightly. But you caught in that smartest guy stuff. Winning on paper not really the goal.

44 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Exactly why it was done. Now you see it wasn’t needed. Was all just extra bail out. So now I’d think once everybody has clearly seen Hurts is the guy. That move doesn’t make near as much sense.

I disagree as to that being the reason it was done.  I just think the media needs that soap opera... and Ham and GB are two guys who fall into place with that kind of stuff. 

  • Author
17 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

He got all that in 3 pre season games? amazing. he got so much info in those games he just blew Thielen away. Forget the fact he had the talent and exceeded him right off the bat. How did Smith get 900+ yards as a rookie with no mentor???? And a running QB??? he learned from Ward? I think not

I’ll give you JJs great conversion from college to NFL. I think a vet helped him even still. But I’m not considering that situation business as usual anyway. My whole life ive heard and seen the benefits vets give the rooks. Been a philosophy to have a pipeline and get a young guy in under the vet. Been many’s thoughts for as long as I’ve watched football. So just common knowledge stuff here. Also saw how badly our team was doing not having any real vet in the WR room last year. Big negative that held us back.

  • Author
20 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Probably a reason for that.   But you would probably be alone in why you think that reason is too.

Probably. But like I said. My track record rate on here has stood up. Feels like I’m right at a high rate.

44 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

That’s fair. Think I was pointing out how he had tons of intangibles. Really fire that is contagious in our locker room.

Right because you are obsessed with that...being on the Hurts kick.  Forget his tangible running ability that saved the last 2 games...it was intangibles.  Gotta be that. 

But let me ask you... you give me a blue collar mentality like Kelce and Dawkins, and put intelligence in them... don't you think the intangibles kinda naturally come out.  If you play next to a smart hardworking,  tough as nails player...doesn't that rub off?    The guy next to you is always in position,  and can physically make plays... i mean, it's a very tangible thing!

  • Author

But not afraid to think differently. Just because everybody else disagrees I’m not just abandoning my opinions. Gotta come with reasons fir me to reconsider.

  • Author
22 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Anyway my thoughts are rookie,vet,whomever,get GOOD players. Davis made an impact right away and don't tell me he learned all that from our vet DT's

But he was exclusively in five man fronts. Was just learning four man when he went down. Don’t really think BG or Cox really help teaching nose in a five man front.

22 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Right...and that's why you got your balls in a bunch about it.   It's what the media had to put out there for their story...it's to boring to just say, this was a great value.   They need the soap opera...and you follow suit.

Nah, you guys andmedia try to put too much on the QB.

48 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I kind of picture Kelce’s SB speech effect on everybody almost being his type effect on the locker room daily. That he’s going to demand everything you got every day. That he’s made his career on working hard. Refusing to accept he can’t or won’t. So I’ll walk back any thoughts I shared about him not being smart.

Wow... the speech and the mummer outfit...  lol

I kinda picture him knowing the game and hustling 40 yards downfield to make a block....having more impact on his teammates.   But hey,too each their own. 

Maybe he hangs around after he retires and wears that mummer suit and curses while chugging beers...and that can help too.   Who knows, might not be his play was all that important after all?

  • Author
20 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

It's a better trade if the QB works out long term.   You have a young QB who could have his 3rd contract before the age of 30...why would you not want to set him up long term with the best possible roster?  

How is getting a stud room this year so much different than next year?

50 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Could have taken a RB then. Already taken care of that.

You already seem convinced you want a second round RB next draft. Why not have that guy now?

Right..maybe we break 400 yards rushing last game...it's obvious RB is a major weakness. 

  • Author
24 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Right...and that's why you got your balls in a bunch about it.   It's what the media had to put out there for their story...it's to boring to just say, this was a great value.   They need the soap opera...and you follow suit.

Don’t think it was great move. Only think it worked if you need to draft a QB. So the value plummeted if everything isn’t about trading all these picks for a franchise guy. Really only thing to sell the idea with. I don’t see great value. See adding a 2024 second round pick. Which is nice. But gotta think on what we lost.

  • Author

See us as a new young team. So need as many pieces to grow together as possible. So a rook this year just speeds it up. This really adds to the reasoning it wasn’t a good trade. Different teams and personnel, long time coaches….not the same. Our situation…Caruso Al to get Siri these last two years of draft picks going. This is his team to ride with now.

47 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

But don’t sit here and try and combine those two things No Mas to get away from what I’m saying. Of coarse if you add AJ trade in to Saints deal…. it makes Saints deal look better. Not related. Saints deal stands alone.

The Saints trade was an obvious great move for the Eagles.  Looking better every day.  

It was there,to be had.  Not a fairytale possibility that you are acting like a guarantee.   You skip this part conveniently all the time.  

Acknowledge that your trade might not have been possible.   The fact you won't tells me all I need to know. But I'm not surprised...you like to argue in theory rather than facts.   Because you can't dispute theory, you always leave yourself the possibility of being correct...you have to set the bar where you can't fail....it's why you wanted that for Hurts.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.