Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

2 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I’m more upset they didn’t pony up for CGJ than Sanders. Thought they got cheap on that move. Bradberry probabiy the better signing than him though. Definitely feels better for the locker room. 

Seems CGJ agent really screwed the pooch on this one.   

It's ironic, the guy we signed from the Saints has the same agent.   You don't think the possibility of him taking less with Detroit could be to get BOTH clients signed???    There are talks of that.

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

I think it's time to let the 50 mil QB lead... that's what he is going to get paid for.  Imagine a 50 mil QB on a running team?   But wait, he runs too... well he injured his throwing shoulder and it was by running. So maybe we want to cut that out a little. But how do we do it... putting guys out there that can get open. 

ARod had two quality RBs…you heard that before somewhere?

2 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

He’ll lead again…again…again

Then he can lead with passing, like all the other QBs due...except we can provide him with a better OL and receivers than the other guys.

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Yeah.. they did well in the Superbowl 

4 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Our O dominated at its peak...during this last playoff run.   No question about that.  Idk if I would say it was because of the RB who led the way...Gainwell.  I lean toward the QB and the pass catchers.

RBs romped on Gmen. Then disappeared.

2 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

If he signs for 50 for four years that would be a great deal.

Not for a guy to give the ball to a RB all game long.

Just now, cunninghamtheman said:

RBs romped on Gmen. Then disappeared.

Then proceeded to score 31 and 35.  Idk though... did Gainwell dissappear vs SF..  I'll go check 

5 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Seems CGJ agent really screwed the pooch on this one.   

It's ironic, the guy we signed from the Saints has the same agent.   You don't think the possibility of him taking less with Detroit could be to get BOTH clients signed???    There are talks of that.

Nah….think he came to understand market stunk for him this offseason. So going to a coach he’s familiar was the way to go if you gotta play on the cheap. I gotta believe Rosie screwed it up. How did he not offer at least 8 mil per year? My thoughts that’s a great price. I had him maxed at 13. Rosie was trying to get the S that went to the Ravens last season. He signed at 14 outbidding us.

3 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Then proceeded to score 31 and 35.  Idk though... did Gainwell dissappear vs SF..  I'll go check 

But it wasn’t from RBs. On paper everybody assumed we had that advantage. Pacheco clearly was the best RB that day. Could have run more maybe the score is lower with less possessions. Scoring 35 isn’t the answer. Could have scored 28 and won by controlling the ball more. Gainwell stepped up. He did well for an up jumped third stringer.

Gainwell earned himself a job on the playoffs I’d say. He should get a pass or two and a carry or two a game.

But it wasn’t from RBs. On paper everybody assumed we had that advantage. Pacheco clearly was the best RB that day. Could have run more maybe the score is lower with less possessions. Scoring 35 isn’t the answer. Could have scored 28 and won by controlling the ball more. Gainwell stepped up. He did well for an up jumped third stringer.

RBs had 111 yards vs SF ...who I thought was supposed to have a good run D?

Gainwell earned himself a job on the playoffs I’d say. He should get a pass or two and a carry or two a game.

You would think he should improve going into year 3.... we gave " special Sanders " the benefit of the doubt right.  Was it because of college?  

Speaking of college ...did Gainwell beat out any quality RBs in college?

13 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Then he can lead with passing, like all the other QBs due...except we can provide him with a better OL and receivers than the other guys.

How it worked was we take advantage of our opponent. Some games run. Some games pass. Some more a mix. Can only just hope they are drafting a guy. Otherwise probably need an early trade. Still early. Clearly Hurts leads by everything he dies at all times. You name it. All that smoke….very focused on finishing the mission. Hurts clearly did more than his part. Gannon and the D were dreadful. Embarrassing. P stunk. RBs didn’t make any plays. Yet we’re right there with the mighty Chiefs. Hurts will do whatever it takes to try and win. Maybe Hurts can pull another super stud player out of his hat again this offseason. Last year saved us with the WR. This year he’s gotta dig up a runner. Then wrap it with a bow to give to Rosie…the GM of the year.

15 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

How it worked was we take advantage of our opponent. Some games run. Some games pass. Some more a mix. Can only just hope they are drafting a guy. Otherwise probably need an early trade. Still early. Clearly Hurts leads by everything he dies at all times. You name it. All that smoke….very focused on finishing the mission. Hurts clearly did more than his part. Gannon and the D were dreadful. Embarrassing. P stunk. RBs didn’t make any plays. Yet we’re right there with the mighty Chiefs. Hurts will do whatever it takes to try and win. Maybe Hurts can pull another super stud player out of his hat again this offseason. Last year saved us with the WR. This year he’s gotta dig up a runner. Then wrap it with a bow to give to Rosie…the GM of the year.

Right... all that other stuff..  it's funny how a passing game ...without much help from anything else...can get get you right there.   The other QB made key plays all night...no turnover.    

Very rare that we have seen 2 good teams play each other in the modern era, where one team dominates running the football without a passing game.  But we've seen plenty where 2 good teams play and the winning team wins by almost all passing.   

Vs the better teams, it's harder to run the ball. You can set up stuff with the run, but ultimately you gotta pass on key plays. And not turn the ball over.

Pacheco... 15 carries for 76 yards certainly helped...but that's not going to put up 38 points.

Former Dallas Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott has narrowed the list of teams he's considering signing with to the Philadelphia Eagles, New York Jets and Cincinnati Bengals, ESPN's Adam Schefter reports.    Nope,Howie would never pay that.

24 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

RBs had 111 yards vs SF ...who I thought was supposed to have a good run D?

They had absolutely no offense. But you want to build your fairy tales on the Giants and No QB Niners game….go ahead. Gainwell 48, Sanders 42 and Scott 21 on 3.5 yards a carry. Niners O only went backwards. Color me unimpressed. If it wasn’t a total blowout annihilation maybe it would mean a little something. The kind of a ho hum RB situation that could get us beat really. Niners going to stop the run and make plays sometimes. But when the opportunity arises need to punish…we busted 14 yards on the long.

1 hour ago, joemas6 said:

Pacheco... 15 carries for 76 yards certainly helped...but that's not going to put up 38 points.

It was the difference in that game. He was the playmaker RB. We could have used one…then we would have likely won.

27 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Lane extension through 2026!   

31 Million in the last year of the contract?

6 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I don’t obsess over RB. See you’re trying to make this discussion anything but what it is. Our RB room stinks. A clear advantage area. No obsession…just can’t stand neglect. Last season it was S. 

Same backfield as last year - 1 guy,but they all stink now? They took Penny because he can produce. I'm sure his price was due to his missing games. That is not the end all. I doubt we are done at RB. Penny was just a cheap add,even if he only plays 1/2 a season. He won't be the workhorse he was in Seattle,maybe we get 9 games out of him lol. Maybe he we only use him on 3rd and 2's or at the GL from the 1. If it's me I will still scour the FA market,or take a RB in 7/UDFA. This is a band-aid year. With Lane signing for an extra year I think we look at a RG in this next draft. Preferably a RG that can also play RT as lane's BU

https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/O'Cyrus-Torrence-OL-Louisiana  Maybe we go this route. He needs upper strength training,but he is the top G this draft. Especially a nice pick if we traded back. Just one of many scenarios. His entire career he has not allowed a QB sack(but this is the NFL so additional strength training needed) Footwork is also coachable which is basically his only knock. Playing between Kelce and lane never hurts anyone. great in the run game(which will help our RB's) ok at pass pro,can improve there,but not terrible

2 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Goedert>Tonyan? (who is gone from GB now). You need RB's if your TE is not top notch.Hurts made a big leap in becoming a passing QB last season,he can still improve. Anyone can hand the ball off and if you get down on the scoreboard,RB's aren't going to be a big help late trying to comeback for the win. They are great for clock killing. Njigba is the best slot WR. He needs to be in the "10" discussion like it or not. We could trade back and take a guy like Torrence at RG and use the added pick for a slot WR. Njigba is not the only one out there. There are some fine slot guys that would upgrade Quez. I posted the kid from Tennessee I like also but once again he's not the only 1,just a kid I like the looks of. We still have 26 visits left. let's see who we bring in for a private workout. I found it interesting that Mims was on the visit list(combine),so the above scenario is a possible way to go. Seu gone,we could use a starting RG,pick up a slot WR with the extra pick. It's something Howie would do

Archived