Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

14 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I understand the mismatch every extra receiving threat brings. Pascal and Stoll were out there a ton. Not great. 2021….we changed O direction. We turned things over to Stout. Oline /Run game coordinator. Our Oline punishes people run blocking. It’s a huge weapon. Slows down the eventual pass rush even. But you aren’t seeing that part even. Just pass pass go backwards. Does Mailata pancake and level guys in pass protection or run blocking more? Go down the line. But you are so excited about neutering that advantage with Joe in the backfield. Or Joe posting about no care for RB. RB does matter. Why weaken that rushing advantage? So easy to see how it could be strengthened instead. 

NO the KEY here we have a RBBC. We don't have or need a Henry,or a Zeke,or Harris. We run 3 guys not 1 or 2,so they are fresher.With the best Oline and mediocre RBs can put up Sanders type numbers. IF IF Penny can stay healthy he will be a basher/GL. That is still enough threat from the running game with Hurts,vut I Wr add will make you more effective between the 20's

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Sanders ram it this past season. Huge difference in real versus the Joe’s.

Sanders running more led to a worse running game than in 2021.  Had zero impact in playoffs where we scored more than the regular season.

47 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Can you not see AJ, DeVonta and Goedert clearing out massive room for a RB in the passing game?

Add Njigba,now you have 4,and Yes Gainwell can catch. Sermon can also(or did)

28 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

I just don't get the mindset.   If we have a top level elite QB.   His job is to pass...why not give him the best tools to do it.  Why the need to run even more than we do now?  

I’d love more receiving weapons. But just so easy to see what we could do with two good RBs. If we lean on two very good RBs less hits for Hurts. Can finish off games with leads. Hurts kicked butt with Pascal and Stoll as that fourth receiving option. But you want to severely downgrade the RB room to go big at fourth receiving option. Any guy that can catch would upgrade fourth receiving option, no? Easy upgrade. Doesn’t have to be much of anything. Boom….upgraded.

33 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

I just don't get the mindset.   If we have a top level elite QB.   His job is to pass...why not give him the best tools to do it.  Why the need to run even more than we do now?  

What’s wrong with winning running? I have no problem with it. Up 27-3 in the second half…run the ball. Run the ball with the lead at the end and kill the clock. It’s winning football.

33 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

And not only that. You are giving him something that was missing in the offense that would play to his strength... a WR that excels in the route running and short patterns.  

Just doesn't make sense unless you don't believe in the QB?

The QB already rocked it with Pascal and Stoll there. Clearly not an issue. Makes sense because it easily will work. We could just feed the RBs and win. Lengthen Hurts career. Let him not have to carry everything so much. Get to the end not as beat up as possible. Handing off keeps Hurts healthy longer. Just not arguable. Fact!

8 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

NO the KEY here we have a RBBC. We don't have or need a Henry,or a Zeke,or Harris. We run 3 guys not 1 or 2,so they are fresher.With the best Oline and mediocre RBs can put up Sanders type numbers. IF IF Penny can stay healthy he will be a basher/GL. That is still enough threat from the running game with Hurts,vut I Wr add will make you more effective between the 20's

Will make you more effective in the red zone too.

34 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Well then he can go play somewhere else.   Did you see any of the safeties playing for as cheap as they are ....say a couple weeks ago.  If this guy is old and washed up like you say... why would he command so much on the market... after teams already spent in free agency?

He’s getting cut because he’s so expensive. Did you miss that part?

4 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I’d love more receiving weapons. But just so easy to see what we could do with two good RBs. If we lean on two very good RBs less hits for Hurts. Can finish off games with leads. Hurts kicked butt with Pascal and Stoll as that fourth receiving option. But you want to severely downgrade the RB room to go big at fourth receiving option. Any guy that can catch would upgrade fourth receiving option, no? Easy upgrade. Doesn’t have to be much of anything. Boom….upgraded.

If Hurts has 4 weapons he can get the ball out,he won't get hit,or if he does it's a penalty. Usually he will run out of danger,but 4 places to go > that 3 places to go

9 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

The red zone is a smaller space to get open. Adding a guy that can get open I a small space is a huge benefit to the offense.  Opens up everything else.

35 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Penny is as good as Sanders IF he can stay on the field. he would also have a reduced role over what he did in Seattle. Gains looked good at years end,sometimes Scott even has a good game. If as Joe said you get that slot  that can burn you,you have to cover for him making the run game easier no matter who the RB is

Goes both ways. If we have a stud RB you don’t think that opens up the receivers?

He’s getting cut because he’s so expensive. Did you miss that part?

Right... so why would another team pay...you get that part?

3 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

The QB already rocked it with Pascal and Stoll there. Clearly not an issue. Makes sense because it easily will work. We could just feed the RBs and win. Lengthen Hurts career. Let him not have to carry everything so much. Get to the end not as beat up as possible. Handing off keeps Hurts healthy longer. Just not arguable. Fact!

Pascal and Stoll "Rocked"??? Pascal is so good he's gone?

7 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

What’s wrong with winning running? I have no problem with it. Up 27-3 in the second half…run the ball. Run the ball with the lead at the end and kill the clock. It’s winning football.

If Penny can't get 2 yards on 3rd and 2,we hired the wrong guy

36 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Penny is as good as Sanders IF he can stay on the field. he would also have a reduced role over what he did in Seattle. Gains looked good at years end,sometimes Scott even has a good game. If as Joe said you get that slot  that can burn you,you have to cover for him making the run game easier no matter who the RB is

Sanders was a weapon. Scott isn’t. Gainwell isn’t. Like both. Good third string RBs. Or studs against the Giants. This RB situation smells just like the S room situation last year. Just bring back Harris. Pull in Tartt.

Just now, cunninghamtheman said:

Goes both ways. If we have a stud RB you don’t think that opens up the receivers?

Ok... you are defending our spread offense with 3 WRs... and Hurts. 

Penny,Gainwell or Scott is in the backfield.  How many guys you putting in the box?

Now put your rookie in there.   You able to put more in the box?

Like you would do it simply because of the RB?

Really?

3 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

So you have a choice to make. Stud RB or Stud WR. you only get one-choose

38 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Sanders is dime a dozen.  They had no plans on ever resigning him. Obvious all season. 

Has many flaws. But can gash you.

37 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

More top rate weapons you have the harder it is to cover them all. Tell me ehow has a defense that can do that every play? That's not dreaming that is reality. njigba is far and away an upgrade to Quez. It's not close

I never said differently. Geez, I keep saying it’s obvious another receiving option obviously makes us better. Never ever argued it didn’t.

2 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Pascal and Stoll "Rocked"??? Pascal is so good he's gone?

Like you have to think of injuries too.  Let's get the stud RB... then feed him which gives him more chance of injury.  Now no stud RB and no extra WR.   You get the stud WR , if another WR goes down you can still put out a threatening pass offense.   Now, AJ goes down you are back to 2021.  Which we know Ham correctly pointed out how bad it was for Hurts....and that was with Sanders.  

42 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Which stud... Howard was the RB he lost last year.  The trade in getting AJ was well worth it.  Lock in another one,you set him up for his career. 

Sanders was last year

2 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

So you have a choice to make. Stud RB or Stud WR. you only get one-choose

WR.  All day.   

Has more effect on the 21st century NFL game.   It's not close.

38 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

WRONG a QB's best friend is an Oline. You give any decent QB 5 seconds and he will carve you up

You give any QB first down after first down from the RB. Then he playaction. See Tannehill. QBs don’t usually get hurt handing off. Less wear and tear.

36 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

What if they outlaw the tush push?? That was our short yardage "running game" which wasn't a running game,more of a rugby scrum. Penny is a hammer

Guess you’ll have to pass. I’d prefer a RB.

Sanders was last year

Sanders got more carries because Howard was gone.  Sanders himself got more yards... didn't make the rushing game better.   2021 was a better rushing game for us.   The difference between the two years was the improved passing offense in 2022. 

We don't need one RB getting the stats.  It's clear as day.

Archived