Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Sanders was last year

Sanders got more carries because Howard was gone.  Sanders himself got more yards... didn't make the rushing game better.   2021 was a better rushing game for us.   The difference between the two years was the improved passing offense in 2022. 

We don't need one RB getting the stats.  It's clear as day.

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Has many flaws. But can gash you.

Nope,so we made him look as good as we could to get that big payday

33 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Right....your stuck in the mindset of DBs... DBs and RBs....the sizzle, the flash part.   Probably comes from having a strong influence from college football.  

But I will say... for me, watching other teams have pro bowls level QBs and WRs play together for years... and how the Eagles have had such crap at WR...but reach their only 3 SBs when they finally had WRs..  yeah, I'm biased a little on wanting that stability of a great passing game ... long-term.   Nothing is more brutal to watch that when your team has a brutal incompetent passing game.   I'll take bad coverage if they mix in enough sacks and turnovers with a strong DL. 

Game is a passing game.  The key plays always come down to the pass plays.  Take away the blowouts ... look at each game.  

Washington made key pass plays all game in loss one, Indy we didn't do anything until we stopped giving it to Sanders, Dallas beat us with the pass, Saints kept converting passes on us early when they scored.  Mahomes 4 TD passes and 13 for 14 in second half.

No matter how important the run game is...barring the blowouts, it will always be complimentary and take a back seat to the execution of the passing game on key plays. 

The run game is to football, what the jab is to boxing.  

Last offseason you were just blown away by AJ , Smitty and Goedert. That’s a very strong threesome

I’m not saying don’t get an actual pass catcher in more instead of Pascal and Stoll. But that’s such an easy upgrade. Heck put in Ward. Done deal…fourth receiving option upgraded. Now get a RB.

Just now, GreenbleedinNC said:

AJ brown got 200 more yards than Sanders this year. Now add in another JJ. Tell me which teams can cover njigba,Smith,AJ,Goedert, maybe Calcaterra without pulling assets OUT of the box. Quez production fell off this year. Quez can't get you big yards down the middle.Njigba CAN just like JJ could

Forget this year.   3 key plays in the Superbowl.   Quez's drop.   3rd and 6 Hurts fumble.  And 3rd down right before the punt return.   We have a stud in place of Quez to catch that ball...and add a threat in those two passing downs to convert... that's game changing. 

3 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Guess you’ll have to pass. I’d prefer a RB.

We got a banger back if they outlaw it. Penny can beat you up badly. I'm sure they went through his medcals

Just now, cunninghamtheman said:

I’m not saying don’t get an actual pass catcher in more instead of Pascal and Stoll. But that’s such an easy upgrade. Heck put in Ward. Done deal…fourth receiving option upgraded. Now get a RB.

Once again,you can have a stud slot or a stud RB,pick ONE

33 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Facts-we could not keep Sanders sue to his contract facts-he won't be playing for us this year fact-we found a CHEAP RB to add to the RBBC. Scott rte-signed. We still have Sermon(for now) and i have zero clue if he is ready or not. Gainwell looked good at years end,build from that.suspect we pick up a 7th or UDFA RB unless a value picks falls in our lap. So the question marks for me are 1)how good is Sermon? 2) can Penny play in every game(iffy) 3)Can Scott fill in when/if Penny can't? 4) will we use gainwell out of the backfield more than we have?. We are not privvy to those answers

I’m fine with those options backing up our quality starter or two ….above them.

2 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Last offseason you were just blown away by AJ , Smitty and Goedert. That’s a very strong threesome

Yes... make it an all-time 4some for my young 50 mil QB.  Pay him and let him have his best weapons to pass to.  Not  keep him from passing.  Our run game is way above average with any solid RB.    It just translates to better team success.

34 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

But we don't have everything... we have Quez and Stohl.    That can be upgraded big time.  I think it's you who disrespect our RB group and overrate Sanders and his impact.  

But we do agree...he either sucked or was hurt at the end... yet I see us putting up over 100 points in 3 games.  

Like I said…easy upgrade on receiver four. Easy upgrade on starting RB right now also.

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Stud for every one to cover... much harder to cover than tackle IMO.  You gang tackle or set an edge to make the space smaller for the RB.  It's why RBs don't get the same stats as they do college.   But much harder to cover in today's NFL. 

33 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Again... my goal isn't to be the best rushing team like we were in 2021.  Or 2021 Jonathon Taylor... see results for both teams ...you follow?

My goal is to have the best offense possible... see results of 2022 Eagles. 

I’m clearly the one seeing it all happening. Taylor carried the Colts season before last. Your boy Wentz you favored blew it. My boy I favored Hurts rocked it and we won running the ball. Being physical to beat our enemy into submission.

2 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Like I said…easy upgrade on receiver four. Easy upgrade on starting RB right now also.

You get WR at ten and RB at 94 ... or  RB at ten and WR at 94.   Where do you see a better upgrade? 

9 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Sanders got more carries because Howard was gone.  Sanders himself got more yards... didn't make the rushing game better.   2021 was a better rushing game for us.   The difference between the two years was the improved passing offense in 2022. 

We don't need one RB getting the stats.  It's clear as day.

I want two quality RBs dominating everybody. Works for me.

I’m clearly the one seeing it all happening. Taylor carried the Colts season before last. Your boy Wentz you favored blew it. My boy I favored Hurts rocked it and we won running the ball. Being physical to beat our enemy into submission.

What did Taylor carry the Colts too?  

7 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Forget this year.   3 key plays in the Superbowl.   Quez's drop.   3rd and 6 Hurts fumble.  And 3rd down right before the punt return.   We have a stud in place of Quez to catch that ball...and add a threat in those two passing downs to convert... that's game changing. 

Pacheco never made any key plays? We weren’t missing any key plays from our RB room? Huge factors 

Just now, cunninghamtheman said:

I want two quality RBs dominating everybody. Works for me.

Right...quality...NFL level solid RB.. I want 3 of those... put them in the right situation behind our OL and they will dominate like 2021.  Yet the better success was 2022 with the better passing game.

Pacheco never made any key plays? We weren’t missing any key plays from our RB room? Huge factors 

38 points...how many passing TDs... or first down conversions did KC make via pass... compared to Pacheco?

Mahomes...13 for 14...imagine 12 for 14 with that one incomplete pass leading to a punt? 

3 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

What did Taylor carry the Colts too?  

To the playoffs and beyond…if only they had Hurts instead of your boy Chokes-a-lot.

11 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

WR is more valuable than Rb. But we have two quality WR. Quality TE. RB room cupboard is bare.

Penny is the physical run you over back…that always comes out on the wrong end of the hit. Really bad combo. I want to believe. But can’t say he’s any kind of starter. Can be for a game or two. Has that ability.

46 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Again... my goal isn't to be the best rushing team like we were in 2021.  Or 2021 Jonathon Taylor... see results for both teams ...you follow?

My goal is to have the best offense possible... see results of 2022 Eagles. 

2022 Eagles had elite Sanders play…until they didn’t…and lost.

43 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Those RBs didn't do much.  

Again... AR burned timeouts...do we want to follow that too.    If you make a point... show where it translated to the team having success. 

Mixon...or no Mixon.   Sanders or no Sanders.   Eagles success or Dallas success?    Jonathon Taylor's team success?   Chubb and Henry's team success. Henry with and without AJ?

Carolina's success with and without CMC.  

Look at all these things from a perspective of just winning.  Not,I just want a stud RB room or stud DB room just to have it for flash and sizzle. 

I absolutely did. Pacheco gave them huge success. Best RB on the SB field. Made huge plays. 
  Dallas: Zeke bruised forward for a few yards. Pollard came in…and watch out…he’s a playmaker. Can hurt you. Completely different Dallas team without Pollard. DC completely different approach to the different RBs.

Again... it's obvious better players help.  It's also obvious...or should be that different positions have more impact. 

The OL vs DL.   One weakness in an OL could have more effect.   5 solid guys can work.   DL, one elite guy can have more effect as it causes double teams etc.  

DBs...one weakness can be a problem.   One guy who can't cover.   WRs..one elite one can create the double team and makes it easier for everyone else.

I don't see the impact of an elite rusher.  It doesn't translate in today's game.  Taylor, Henry,Chubb..etc.    That RB will have more impact if he is a pass catching threat to cause cover mismatches.  It was CMC's big impact in SF...and in Dallas the biggest RB impact was Pollard in the passing game.  

If you give me a RB that creates that mismatches at pick 10 like CMC or Pollard... then it's something i could consider.  But I just think the stud WR already does that...and the rushing part can have the solid committee.

Archived