Giants off to a good start

NOTW

52 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

He's got garbage time stats and a really good group of wr's.  Daniel Jones sucks.

I mean, he hasn't been involved in a single game that included "garbage time" (every Giants except for the Cowboys has been close), but ok, you just think he sucks. 

What do you think of Hurts? 

4 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

I mean, he hasn't been involved in a single game that included "garbage time" (every Giants except for the Cowboys has been close), but ok, you just think he sucks. 

S'kay man.  i'll be here you'll be here.  I believe last time we argued you said Giants were on their way up, i told Gettlemen had failed, how'd that go?  daniel jones will be a backup in 2 years.

59 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

He's got garbage time stats and a really good group of wr's.  Daniel Jones sucks.

could i see those stats you're speaking of please ? and all of the uninjured wr's he has ? its pretty much the rookie wr toney and nothing else. 

4 minutes ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

could i see those stats you're speaking of please ? and all of the uninjured wr's he has ? its pretty much the rookie wr toney and nothing else. 

Toney has been the leading reciever in exactly 1 game, in garbage time against the pokes.  It's been Sheppard and Golladay in the rest of them.  If nothing else they are stacked at WR.

Jones has had 1 good game, against WFT.  It seemed great at the time but they have been awful on D all year.

16 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

Toney has been the leading reciever in exactly 1 game, in garbage time against the pokes.  It's been Sheppard and Golladay in the rest of them.  If nothing else they are stacked at WR.

Jones has had 1 good game, against WFT.  It seemed great at the time but they have been awful on D all year.

wow, one whole game with some garbage stats. lmao. 

sheppard hasnt played in two weeks and golladay has one game with more than 5 catches and left the dallas game early from injury and is doubtful for this week. the guy has no online. 

yeah, so stacked.  :roll: 

look i am just trying to save you from yourself here, if you wanna keep punching yourself in the face go right ahead. 

53 minutes ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

wow, one whole game with some garbage stats. lmao. 

sheppard hasnt played in two weeks and golladay has one game with more than 5 catches and left the dallas game early from injury and is doubtful for this week. the guy has no online. 

yeah, so stacked.  :roll: 

look i am just trying to save you from yourself here, if you wanna keep punching yourself in the face go right ahead. 

What games are you watching?  I saw the Denver, Saints and Pokes games.  who the hell would be high on danny Jones right now?

heck, I'll even back off a bit.  Backup is a bit misleading.  I actually think he's a fringe starter/top tier backup who ends up in the Foles/Fitzpatrick/Bridgewater category.  His clone in terms of talent and style is Ryan Tannehill, and that's also the best case scenario for his career.  That type of Qb sometimes ends up in the right place at the right time and gets somebody to commit to him for 2-3 years.

He is an NFL Qb and will make money especially since he seems to be able to stay healthy.  I do no think the Giants will be giving him a big 2nd contract.

1 hour ago, dawkins4prez said:

I'm not sure why we're talking about WRs, they don't matter (and there hasn't been a single game where all of our guys were available at the same time). You and I have been talking about this for years, the OL is what determines the fate of a QB and really the entire team (along with the DL). Not skill players. I think Jones has done well despite the fact that we might have the worst OL in the league. 

DG has been an unmitigated disaster. No argument there. I'm also starting to turn on Judge, but I'll give him a few more games. Bottom line, the Giants are a mess, but it's not Jones' fault. 

You didn't answer the Hurts question. 

36 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

What games are you watching?  I saw the Denver, Saints and Pokes games.  who the hell would be high on danny Jones right now?

What did he do wrong in the Denver and Saints games??? Are you tuned into a different broadcast? 😄

14 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

What did he do wrong in the Denver and Saints games??? Are you tuned into a different broadcast? 😄

He didn't do anything particularly wrong.  He didn't do anything particularly well either.  He'll throw a sweet dart here, take a bad sack there.  Looks great on designed runs, can't seem to translate that into enough ad lib big plays.  At no point does he ever seem to be in control of team or the game.  The OLine is terrible, but he always has a couple WR's healhty and making plays to help him out (just hasn't had them all together).  When DG goes, Judge is probably gone too, and I very much doubt danny Nickels has done enough to keep the new regime from getting their own guy.

This guy will bounce around as a fringe starter.

Oh yeah and Hurts.  I think he has earned a full season to be evaluated as the Eagles future.  He is currently on the same fringe starter/elite backup trajectory as Jones.

3 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

He didn't do anything particularly wrong.  He didn't do anything particularly well either.  He'll throw a sweet dart here, take a bad sack there.  Looks great on designed runs, can't seem to translate that into enough ad lib big plays.  At no point does he ever seem to be in control of team or the game.  The OLine is terrible, but he always has a couple WR's healhty and making plays to help him out (just hasn't had them all together).  When DG goes, Judge is probably gone too, and I very much doubt danny Nickels has done enough to keep the new regime from getting their own guy.

This guy will bounce around as a fringe starter.

Oh yeah and Hurts.  I think he has earned a full season to be evaluated as the Eagles future.  He is currently on the same fringe starter/elite backup trajectory as Jones.

I guess we’ll agree to disagree on Jones. I think he has top 10 potential but the Giants are gonna blow it. The Kid throws a great deep ball and is a duel threat, but is saddled behind the worst OL in the league. It’s a shame.

I’ve only seen 2 of Hurts’ pro games. Too early to tell on him. Reminds me of Dak. 

6 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

Denver kicked your ass dude.

15 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

I guess we’ll agree to disagree on Jones. I think he has top 10 potential but the Giants are gonna blow it. The Kid throws a great deep ball and is a duel threat, but is saddled behind the worst OL in the league. It’s a shame.

I’ve only seen 2 of Hurts’ pro games. Too early to tell on him. Reminds me of Dak. 

Dak is a much more accurate passer. And Dak seems to know how to stand in a clean pocket without running around like a chicken with his head off. But other than that, I guess they're alike.

Another monday after another thrashing and the DG era is somehow still going.  Are they really going to let him run the fire sale?

On 10/14/2021 at 4:23 PM, BKLYNYG said:

I'm not sure why we're talking about WRs, they don't matter (and there hasn't been a single game where all of our guys were available at the same time). You and I have been talking about this for years, the OL is what determines the fate of a QB and really the entire team (along with the DL). Not skill players. I think Jones has done well despite the fact that we might have the worst OL in the league. 

DG has been an unmitigated disaster. No argument there. I'm also starting to turn on Judge, but I'll give him a few more games. Bottom line, the Giants are a mess, but it's not Jones' fault. 

You didn't answer the Hurts question. 

Can I answer this? Pretty please can I answer?? I really wanna answer.

Hurts sucks.

Sorry I didn't wait for permission. I just really wanted to answer.

• Haha 1

On 10/18/2021 at 7:00 PM, EagleJoe8 said:

Hurts sucks.

Yeah. It certainly appears he just doesn't belong and we will have to go back to the drawing board.

Jones is also just plain bad IMO. Both teams suck.

• Like 1

On 10/18/2021 at 7:00 PM, EagleJoe8 said:

Hurts sucks.

2 hours ago, Boogyman said:

Yeah. It certainly appears he just doesn't belong and we will have to go back to the drawing board.

Jones is also just plain bad IMO. Both teams suck.

Six games into the season and it’s already over. Definitely for us, probably for you guys. What a friggin waste. I’m pulling for the Titans the rest of the way. The Giants might as well lose out and get a top 3 pick plus whatever first rounder they get from the Bears. 

2 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

Six games into the season and it’s already over. Definitely for us, probably for you guys. What a friggin waste. I’m pulling for the Titans the rest of the way. The Giants might as well lose out and get a top 3 pick plus whatever first rounder they get from the Bears. 

I pulling for Stafford I guess. He has been good enough that he deserves a ring. 

• Like 1

On 10/20/2021 at 8:23 AM, Boogyman said:

I pulling for Stafford I guess. He has been good enough that he deserves a ring. 

LA teams have been winning a lot lately. Not sure I can root for the Rams, although I agree, would be nice to see Stafford get a ring. 

14 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

LA teams have been winning a lot lately. Not sure I can root for the Rams, although I agree, would be nice to see Stafford get a ring. 

Yeah same feelings. I usually root against them but it would be ok to see him get a chip.

• 1 month later...
On 10/14/2021 at 3:47 PM, dawkins4prez said:

Backup is a bit misleading.  I actually think he's a fringe starter/top tier backup who ends up in the Foles/Fitzpatrick/Bridgewater category.  His clone in terms of talent and style is Ryan Tannehill, and that's also the best case scenario for his career.  That type of Qb sometimes ends up in the right place at the right time and gets somebody to commit to him for 2-3 years.

He is an NFL Qb and will make money especially since he seems to be able to stay healthy.  I do no think the Giants will be giving him a big 2nd contract.

Who's arguing with this now?

40 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

Aaaand they fired Garrett :lol: 

I feel like this is not great for the Eagles because they now have to prepare for 🤷‍♂️

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, phillyfanct said:

I feel like this is not great for the Eagles because they now have to prepare for 🤷‍♂️

It isn't great because Garrett is bad... It would have been much better if he'd still been there. 

Garrett’s only been there a year and a half. We’ve owned the Giants for quite some time, long before Garrett got there. 

Firing a coordinator is a sure sign the HC is scrambling to keep their job. Was Jason Garrett a good coordinator? No, but it’s a team effort and neither the players nor the coaching staff have done much of note this season.