Giants off to a good start

NOTW

On 11/28/2021 at 2:58 PM, BKLYNYG said:

I’d like to see Jones play with a competent OL, healthy skill players and a creative OC. The kid has tools, but has been held back. Give me 2 OL or an edge and OL with the first two picks. I’m also giving him another year because there’s not a can’t miss QB prospect coming out this year. 

As I've been telling you for about a year and a half, give him all of that and you get exactly what the Titans have gotten out of Tannehill.

What I don't understand about Danny Nickels is how a guy with so much foot speed makes so few ad lib big plays.  Even when he does make a big scamper it usually seems to be a designed draw.  Where are the big throws on the run?  Plays break down and he either does something stupid or at best streaks towards the sideline for 7 yds.

Jones gets another year. Continue building the rest of the team then draft a QB. You could put Joe Montana behind this line and even he would look like crap. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

Jones gets another year. Continue building the rest of the team then draft a QB. You could put Joe Montana behind this line and even he would look like crap. 

He seems to look good against the Iggles. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/11/2021 at 2:53 PM, LacesOut said:

He seems to look good against the Iggles. 

Jones looked good against the Eagles? Did we watch different games?

Anyway, I heard someone say yesterday that over the last 5 seasons, the Giants have only 1 more win than the Jets. I found that fascinating.

8 hours ago, Boogyman said:

Jones looked good against the Eagles? Did we watch different games?

Anyway, I heard someone say yesterday that over the last 5 seasons, the Giants have only 1 more win than the Jets. I found that fascinating.

This is the worst stretch in team history. The crazy part is the weaknesses are so glaring, but this bozo GM can’t fix it.

I’m hoping we start fresh next year. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

Danny Nickels shut down for the year.  He won't play another down for the Giants IMHO.

I’m 100% sure Gettleman is gone. I’m 50% sure Judge will be gone. I think the new GM declines Jones’ 5th year option and makes him play it out. If they’re smart they continue to build and use the two top 10 picks on OL and DE. If Jones plays well, great. If not they move on and draft, sign or trade for a QB after next year. 

Interesting - kind of - read. Jets stuff in the article also. Touches on how/why the two NY Professional Football Teams are experiencing tough times.

This surprised me: Giants -- They're 22-56 over five seasons since that last playoff appearance.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32822007/inside-dysfunctional-decade-new-york-jets-giants-football-went-wrong-next

5 hours ago, Mat said:

1561341659_Screenshot_20211226-235634_OneUIHome.thumb.jpg.52d12b4ccbcfef3ed8045e05c5e80882.jpg

Good to see they're content with mediocrity 

The made Jason Garrett the scape goat

On 12/20/2021 at 10:45 PM, BKLYNYG said:

I’m 100% sure Gettleman is gone. I’m 50% sure Judge will be gone. I think the new GM declines Jones’ 5th year option and makes him play it out. If they’re smart they continue to build and use the two top 10 picks on OL and DE. If Jones plays well, great. If not they move on and draft, sign or trade for a QB after next year. 

Judge should be given another year or two with a different QB. 

I watched 3.5 quarters of that game. We’re terrible, but the Eagles are REALLY bad too and do not have a franchise QB. You guys have been relatively lucky with injuries this year and have faced a few depleted teams. I would not be encouraged by the record.   

2 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

I watched 3.5 quarters of that game. We’re terrible, but the Eagles are REALLY bad too and do not have a franchise QB. You guys have been relatively lucky with injuries this year and have faced a few depleted teams. I would not be encouraged by the record.   

Most of us aren’t. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

This is a season where the saints are 7-7 without a Qb.  Teams like the Falconsand Panthers would be 4-5win teams any other have hung around the playoff chase.  The G-men are a 2-3 win team that somehow found 4 teams to play brutally bad against them.  Even the Super Bowl favorites have serious flaws and have gotten thrashed more than once.  It's a sloppy season but the eagles running game is one of the few pretty football moments the entire league has seen.  The offensive line is playing lights out football, everybody else is doing just enough and that's wild card quality football any year.

Now back to the Giants, how does it feel to emerge from a 4 yr rebuilld with quite possibly only ONE franchise piece.  And he's a run stuffer DT.  Yikes.

11 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Most of us aren’t. 

Spend those 3 first rounders on D and sign a top tier FA WR.  This team can contend next year.

14 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

Spend those 3 first rounders on D and sign a top tier FA WR.  This team can contend next year.

I don’t disagree, but they have to hit on those three picks with at least two studs. Difference makers. If Howie continues to pick the Barnetts or Maddoxs of the world…JAGs in other words, it won’t make much of a difference. Not sure how confident I am in Howie doing that. 

14 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I don’t disagree, but they have to hit on those three picks with at least two studs. Difference makers. If Howie continues to pick the Barnetts or Maddoxs of the world…JAGs in other words, it won’t make much of a difference. Not sure how confident I am in Howie doing that. 

What's wrong with Maddox?  You spend a 4th rdr and get a top tier slot cb who can move around the secondary when needed.  That's how you draw it up.

Just now, dawkins4prez said:

What's wrong with Maddox?

He’s a "nice” player, but he’s not a stud or a difference maker. 

JAG. 

4 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

This is a season where the saints are 7-7 without a Qb.  Teams like the Falconsand Panthers would be 4-5win teams any other have hung around the playoff chase.  The G-men are a 2-3 win team that somehow found 4 teams to play brutally bad against them.  Even the Super Bowl favorites have serious flaws and have gotten thrashed more than once.  It's a sloppy season but the eagles running game is one of the few pretty football moments the entire league has seen.  The offensive line is playing lights out football, everybody else is doing just enough and that's wild card quality football any year.

Now back to the Giants, how does it feel to emerge from a 4 yr rebuilld with quite possibly only ONE franchise piece.  And he's a run stuffer DT.  Yikes.

You may not see it, but the Eagles are in the mist of a rebuild as well. The OL is the strength of the team and they’re old (Kelce and Johnson, the two anchors). There’s zero talent on the rest of the roster. You guys will be worse next year when things don’t fall your way and you’re looking for a QB (maybe the Eagles use their draft capital to get one). 

14 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

You may not see it, but the Eagles are in the mist of a rebuild as well. The OL is the strength of the team and they’re old (Kelce and Johnson, the two anchors). There’s zero talent on the rest of the roster. You guys will be worse next year when things don’t fall your way and you’re looking for a QB (maybe the Eagles use their draft capital to get one). 

With Mailata, Dickerson and Driscoll the Eagles have already rebuilt the OLine.  Lane is only 31.  Goedert & Smith are centerpieces.  The defense needs young studs so that's where they have to spend those picks.  

• Like 1