EMB Blog: 2021 Regular and Post Season

Connecticut Eagle

6 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

If you catch COVID when vaccinated what's the protocol then?

Good god man, it's not like this wasn't talked about last week with Devante Adams.  You come in hear going on a rant, and them immediately ask a question showing you either don't follow the NFL, or have no idea about the protocols that have been discussed at length.

• Vaccinated individuals who test positive and are asymptomatic will be isolated and contact tracing will promptly occur.
  • The positive individual will be permitted to return to duty after two negative tests at least 24-hours apart.
  • After that, they will be tested every week or as directed by the medical staffs.
  • Vaccinated individuals will not be subject to quarantine as a result of close contact with an infected person.

• Replies 75.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

Wait a minute........are you saying there isn't any health benefits to that? 

There's benefits, but tanning the inside of your V is probably a bad idea. 

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

There's benefits, but tanning the inside of your V is probably a bad idea. 

Hmmm...probably isn't definitely though.....

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Good god man, it's not like this wasn't talked about last week with Devante Adams.  You come in hear going on a rant, and them immediately ask a question showing you either don't follow the NFL, or have no idea about the protocols that have been discussed at length.

• Vaccinated individuals who test positive and are asymptomatic will be isolated and contact tracing will promptly occur.
  • The positive individual will be permitted to return to duty after two negative tests at least 24-hours apart.
  • After that, they will be tested every week or as directed by the medical staffs.
  • Vaccinated individuals will not be subject to quarantine as a result of close contact with an infected person.

That wasn't part of the rant aspect of the post. The rant was about the inconsistencies of the policies. What you're referring to is my curiosity on whether or not the story is true. And for the record, I didn't even see he was out for 10 days yet. All I saw was he was out vs KC.

3 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

That wasn't part of the rant aspect of the post. The rant was about the inconsistencies of the policies. What you're referring to is my curiosity on whether or not the story is true. And for the record, I didn't even see he was out for 10 days yet. All I saw was he was out vs KC.

I posted it in the last 2 to 3 pages.

5 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

Holy F. Lock him up. 

Decisions...

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

I posted it in the last 2 to 3 pages.

Missed it.

Still curious to if he flat out lied or if by saying he was immunized he meant something else entirely, like if he previously caught COVID or if he had something else not the vaccine. Watch it be ivermectin lol. There's still stuff to unpack in terms of whether or not he could be suspended for lying. If he lied to just the media, that's no big deal. But if his team and the NFL didn't know, then yeah.

4 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

Missed it.

Still curious to if he flat out lied or if by saying he was immunized he meant something else entirely, like if he previously caught COVID or if he had something else not the vaccine. Watch it be ivermectin lol. There's still stuff to unpack in terms of whether or not he could be suspended for lying. If he lied to just the media, that's no big deal. But if his team and the NFL didn't know, then yeah.

The bolded

Just now, downundermike said:

The bolded

If by being immunized he had previously caught COVID, then still need to know if only lied to the media or the NFL. If it's the latter then he broke the rules and could very well be punished. But what I was ranting about was the rule in itself. Someone who caught COVID and recovered should not have less freedoms than someone who was only vaccinated. That's not following the science. Both can catch COVID, but the natural immunity is proven stronger and longer lasting. And if he did in fact catch COVID and recover, he will be treated in the media and elsewhere like someone who has no protection at all, because this has become so politicized, when he will probably have been more protected than most of his team.

5 minutes ago, downundermike said:

The bolded

The Packers had him listed as unvaccinated. It's also why he was ruled out immediately for Sunday. 

1 minute ago, Sack that QB said:

If by being immunized he had previously caught COVID, then still need to know if only lied to the media or the NFL. If it's the latter then he broke the rules and could very well be punished. But what I was ranting about was the rule in itself. Someone who caught COVID and recovered should not have less freedoms than someone who was only vaccinated. That's not following the science. Both can catch COVID, but the natural immunity is proven stronger and longer lasting. And if he did in fact catch COVID and recover, he will be treated in the media and elsewhere like someone who has no protection at all, because this has become so politicized, when he will probably have been more protected than most of his team.

He had OG Covid, but now it's likely he caught the Delta. 

The reason it's been politicized is because the internet has allowed for anti-intellectualism to flourish.  

1 minute ago, TorontoEagle said:

The reason it's been politicized is because the internet has allowed for anti-intellectualism to flourish.  

I wouldn’t just blame the internet for that, but that’s a discussion for a different place. 

I agree, that's likely the case. Barring immune compromised people, those who catch COVID twice usually catch other variants, but original immunization still offers protection. It's still best to get vaccinated regardless, because then you get ultra protection, but it's dumb to treat those who've caught it and recovered the same as those who've never caught anything and haven't been vaccinated. They aren't the same at all.

Don't remember if it was mentioned in the flurry of news this morning but Michael Thomas is done for the year. 

2 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

I agree, that's likely the case. Barring immune compromised people, those who catch COVID twice usually catch other variants, but original immunization still offers protection. It's still best to get vaccinated regardless, because then you get ultra protection, but it's dumb to treat those who've caught it and recovered the same as those who've never caught anything and haven't been vaccinated. They aren't the same at all.

Here's a thought....just get the vaccine. There's no argument against it. And then you don't have to twist yourself in knots to justify not getting it. It's really that simple. 

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Don't remember if it was mentioned in the flurry of news this morning but Michael Thomas is done for the year. 

It wasn't....what's his problem? 

1 hour ago, austinfan said:

The problem with alcohol is it lowers inhibitions and clouds judgement, so a drunk deciding to drive is a foreseeable event, which means the person who aided in getting that person drunk is also responsible if he knows said person plans to drive home intoxicated.

"No man is an island, he's a peninsula."

"Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose, nothin' ain't worth nothin' but it's free."

The complete second amendment:

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to bear arms shall not be infringed."

No, the Michigan Militia does not qualify as a militia under the Constitution (it's not well regulated), the state national guard would.

The 2nd amendment was not written so the people could use guns to hunt. It was written as a means to give the people an ability to resist tyranny should the government forget they are for the people by the people.......  Lets not forget the intent, it still stands.  The comma between a well regulated militia and the last part the right of the people to bear arms indicates it is two different thoughts included in that statement. A well regulated malitia and the right of the people to bear arms shall not be infringed. 

Every person has the responsibility to drink responsibly. Just like gun ownership. 

With Maddox and Goedert being so close I wonder what happens if Eagles don't offer him a deal in off-season

1 minute ago, garingovt2000 said:

With Maddox and Goedert being so close I wonder what happens if Eagles don't offer him a deal in off-season

It's a business. They'll have to grow up and understand you can't play with your best friend your whole career. 

Here's a thought....just get the vaccine. There's no argument against it. And then you don't have to twist yourself in knots to justify not getting it. It's really that simple. 

I agree it's the easiest solution. I've gotten the shot 3 times. But I can understand those who've caught COVID and recovered might be thinking "Well, I'm more protected most likely than those who've just been vaccinated, why risk vaccine side effects even though they're rare if I'm plenty protected already?" Not saying I agree with that logic, but I can understand why those have it.

He said he had a setback with his ankle which he was on PUP for. But there's also all that drama around him and the Saints so who knows if it's just medical. 

1 hour ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

Embarrassing 

I really want to draft Devin Lloyd. Think he will be very good. Draft him and sign a mid level guy to pair up with him. Not the types we've signed lately either. 

Archived