EMB Blog: 2021 Regular and Post Season

Connecticut Eagle

6 minutes ago, garingovt2000 said:

With Maddox and Goedert being so close I wonder what happens if Eagles don't offer him a deal in off-season

I think we should (and will) extend both.

• Replies 75.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

He said he had a setback with his ankle which he was on PUP for. But there's also all that drama around him and the Saints so who knows if it's just medical. 

WRs are the hot chicks of the NFL basically. They would fit into the crazy/hot chart:

"MORTENSEN: I think the Philadelphia Eagles are a fit [for Wilson] there. If they get that pick from the Colts - with Carson Wentz, that second-round pick can become a [first]...

[...]

"Either way, the Eagles have a cache of first-round draft picks, and there's no question in my mind that Russell Wilson would top their list. 

SCHEFTER: The Eagles could have three Top 20 first-round picks. Nobody would have more ammunition to go get a quarterback than the Philadelphia Eagles. Jalen Hurts, to date, I don't think has convinced them that he's the guy, right? So Russell Wilson in Philly. Can you see that, Mort?

"MORTENSEN: Yes I can. And look, I know Jalen - I hope he is the guy, but so far they're not convinced. He has the rest of the year to try and persuade them, convince them that he is the guy. Let's face it: you still get to the point where, hey, Russell Wilson is - we believe - a future Hall of Famer, and still in his prime. If you have that chance to get that type of player, you get that type of player."

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

"MORTENSEN: I think the Philadelphia Eagles are a fit [for Wilson] there. If they get that pick from the Colts - with Carson Wentz, that second-round pick can become a [first]...

[...]

"Either way, the Eagles have a cache of first-round draft picks, and there's no question in my mind that Russell Wilson would top their list. 

SCHEFTER: The Eagles could have three Top 20 first-round picks. Nobody would have more ammunition to go get a quarterback than the Philadelphia Eagles. Jalen Hurts, to date, I don't think has convinced them that he's the guy, right? So Russell Wilson in Philly. Can you see that, Mort?

"MORTENSEN: Yes I can. And look, I know Jalen - I hope he is the guy, but so far they're not convinced. He has the rest of the year to try and persuade them, convince them that he is the guy. Let's face it: you still get to the point where, hey, Russell Wilson is - we believe - a future Hall of Famer, and still in his prime. If you have that chance to get that type of player, you get that type of player."

Geez, here we go 🙄

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

[...]

I don't know how long Wilson has but I honestly rather use those picks on defense since this isn't a great QB draft

1 hour ago, austinfan said:

Another anti-vaxxer idiot, infection with the original strains of COVID doesn't provide good protection against the Delta variant, which is why they recommend that those who have been infected get at least one vaccination shot - the combo provides a much higher level of immunity. This isn't opinion, they do studies to examine these things, then update as more studies are performed (and yes, it takes time to gather reliable data, any jackass can spout off an opinion supported by lumberjacks).

It's real easy to get legitimate information, get the f*** off Facebook, turn off Fox news, and go to Google Scholar. Or even Google, if you stick to reputable sites like Harvard Health or the Mayo clinic.

What makes people uncomfortable with "Science" is that Science doesn't often provide definitive answers, it's an ongoing dialogue where information is updated as new evidence is gathered and analyzed. The only certain things in life are death and taxes (and the rich can afford the lawyers and accountants to dodge the latter to some extent). But Science is still far more reliable than the rantings of media personalities.

Meanwhile Tobais was vaccinated got it and will also miss 10 days.  All the power in the world to Rodgers for making his own decision about what is put in his body. 

3 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

I don't know how long Wilson has but I honestly rather use those picks on defense since this isn't a great QB draft

Plus, that would use all of the current cap space.  Still need to be able to field a full 53 man team.

3 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Meanwhile Tobais was vaccinated got it and will also miss 10 days.

NBA and NFL have different protocols, so you are comparing apples to oranges.

I'm torn on trading for Wilson, he is on the older side.

Wilson means having the best QB in the div for the next 5-7 years.

Let's be honest, Howie will bungle those picks anyways.

1 minute ago, RLC said:

If this is true, F the NFL. It just means he got the Astra-Zeneca vaccine. 

Astra-Zeneca was only given to those 40+ here I believe? Those under 40 got either Moderna or Pfizer

3 minutes ago, downundermike said:

The NBA isn't the NFL? Source?

Just now, TorontoEagle said:

Astra-Zeneca was only given to those 40+ here I believe? Those under 40 got either Moderna or Pfizer

I can't speak for every province, but in Quebec it was easy to request certain vaccines. 

3 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

It's one thing to jump behind the wheel drunk.  It's another thing to drive that fast drunk.  I would think that someone would want to be as careful as possible, especially when you have so much to lose.  

Remember how immortal you felt when you were young?

Now imagine that for an exceptional athlete that's been pampered since he was 10.

2 minutes ago, RLC said:

Immunized in Canada =/= Vaccinated in Canada.

6 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Plus, that would use all of the current cap space.  Still need to be able to field a full 53 man team.

Don’t you worry howie will continue to kick that can down the road with restructures lol 

2 minutes ago, RLC said:

I can't speak for every province, but in Quebec it was easy to request certain vaccines. 

I googled, says he was in Montreal Valentines Day and quarantined for 2 weeks while his GF was making a movie. Don't think he'd be able to even get the vaccine at that point (though I think they started rolling out December 2020). He's full of ivermectin 

8 minutes ago, RLC said:

So why not just get vaccinated in the US then ??  

Just now, downundermike said:

So why not just get vaccinated in the US then ??  

Lol cause he never got the vaccine, clearly. 

Archived