EMB Blog: 2021 Regular and Post Season

Connecticut Eagle

1 minute ago, Bacarty2 said:

lol sorry to bring up facts. thats my bad 

Staying in your bedroom your entire life reduces infection too.

Again, factually, the vaccine doesnt stop you from getting it. 

No, it doesn't.  But it overwhelmingly lowers your risk of hospitalization and death.

A box of tissues vs. a casket.

• Replies 75.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

lol sorry to bring up facts. thats my bad 

Nobody is arguing this point. Why do you insist on continuing to do so?

3 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

lol no one's claiming that contract Bo. 

Wouldn’t the team that potentially claims him only be on the hook for his prorated $1M base?

Speaking of "R" words, NASCAR driver Kyle Busch is required to do sensitivity training for saying the other "R" word.

Just now, ManuManu said:

Wouldn’t the team that potentially claims him only be on the hook for his prorated $1M base?

That...and the embarrassment of being so bad that they needed our cast off.

4 minutes ago, austinfan said:

It was probably a Gannon move

JFC.  Accept it.  The only constant in the horrible roster and draft decisions the last 4 year is Howie Roseman.  You gonna blame the janitor next ??

3 minutes ago, austinfan said:

It was probably a Gannon move. Wilson played for Zimmer and was more acquainted with aspects of the scheme that Gannon was implementing.

They knew he was a bad run defender, but had been a good pass coverage LB - unfortunately, that aspect of his game also went into free fall.

One year deal on a rebuilding team. Nitpickers everywhere.

Nitpicking? Our cap stinks he was a flat out failure and waste of money. Just like Flacco. 

2 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Yea but what did he show to be worth even 500k? If a team wants him they can just sign him to a PS. 

2 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

Nobody is arguing this point. Why do you insist on continuing to do so?

We all know why. Ideology v science.

Next, he'll tell us we're not descended from monkeys. Which is true, but misses the point (we have a common ancestor with monkeys).

The Scopes trial was in 1921, a hundred years later . . .

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

Yea but what did he show to be worth even 500k? If a team wants him they can just sign him to a PS. 

Nothing this year, but maybe on previous year’s tape they think he’s worth a claim. Maybe Minnesota would like him back for basically the minimum. 

7 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

It stops you from dying you freaking moron.  My buddy who has the Moderna vaccine had the delta variant last week, and told me he has no doubt he would have died without the vaccine.

5 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

No, it doesn't.  But it overwhelmingly lowers your risk of hospitalization and death.

A box of tissues vs. a casket.

A girl I worked with at my previous job, 41 year old single mom, hiker, mountain biker with no underlying health issues died of Covid yesterday leaving her two teenage boys behind.  She was not vaccinated.

8 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

The bar doesn’t know who is driving but when faced with possible liability they do a better job of training their servers and cutting off drunks. The liability they face isn’t limited to vehicle accidents.  It also impacts bar/parking lot fights and at times shootings and stabbings. To your argument, most states reject the ability of the intoxicated person from pursuing claims against the bar for contributing to their injury by serving them past the point of visible intoxication.  Loss mitigation actions for the most part are not a bad thing.  I would offer that on this subject you have two insurance professionals agreeing with a plaintiff attorney.  

PA eliminates liability unless the bar serves a visibly intoxicated individual or a minor.  Social host liability is limited to serving a minor but if I am serving an adult (no minors drinking here), I limit the amount I offer to someone that I know will be driving. 

Maybe they do a better job, that isn't the point. Everybody wants to have freedom and liberty until they screw up then it's someone else's fault and responsibility. It's 100% the guy who chooses to drink too much and then jump in a car. 

7 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

lol like clockwork

"Gannons fault"

Glass half full...

Taylor and Edwards look like competent NFL LBs, so no need to keep the vet around.

If Taylor can continue to progress, given that he is still a rookie using the Hurts calendar, he could be a nice part of the puzzle on D for a few more seasons.

So does Wilson go somewhere else and look like a functional linebacker, once again proving that Howie Roseman has no real plan and tried to put a square peg in a round hole.

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

It stops you from dying you freaking moron.  My buddy who has the Moderna vaccine had the delta variant last week, and told me he has no doubt he would have died without the vaccine.

A girl I worked with at my previous job, 41 year old single mom, hiker, mountain biker with no underlying health issues died of Covid yesterday leaving her two teenage boys behind.  She was not vaccinated.

I just left a patient’s home. He was unvaccinated, and an otherwise healthy 39 year old. He needs 8 liters of oxygen just to walk to the bathroom, and he’s still short of breath. His resting heart rate jumps up to 120, and his lungs won’t allow him to take a deep breath without going into a coughing fit. 

On 10/28/2021 at 11:03 AM, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I have a zoom meeting tomorrow at 3pm.  What kind of evil loser has a zoom meeting on a friday that late in the afternoon?

65k?  I didn't hear that much.  

price of a bitcoin

Here, new law. Everyone going to a bar must surrender their drivers license and car keys to be picked up upon leaving if they are not "visibly intoxicated".

2 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

Glass half full...

Taylor and Edwards look like competent NFL LBs, so no need to keep the vet around.

If Taylor can continue to progress, given that he is still a rookie using the Hurts calendar, he could be a nice part of the puzzle on D for a few more seasons.

Taylor has had one good game so far. 

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

The other issue for the "healthy" is the long-term effects of a COVID infection.

We simply don't know. We don't know how legitimate or extensive "long-haulers" is, or the impact on mortality, but there are some studies that suggest that people who don't have symptoms that require hospitalization can have damage throughout their body, possibly due to inflammation as the immune system overreacts, clotting, and other effects of the infection. That may include neurological complications, damage to organs like the kidneys and liver, scarring of the lungs, etc.

Unfortunately, for those foolish enough not to get vaccinated, we probably won't get definitive answers for another 5-10 years or longer.

But hey, gamble with your life and health - it's between you and your insurance company!

3 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

I just left a patient’s home. He was unvaccinated, and an otherwise healthy 39 year old. He needs 8 liters of oxygen just to walk to the bathroom, and he’s still short of breath. His resting heart rate jumps up to 120, and his lungs won’t allow him to take a deep breath without going into a coughing fit. 

I keep seeing more and more on social media people I know who were staunchly opposed to it, getting it and realizing the error of their ways.  A high school friend of my wifes just came off a 40+ day battle with it, and has changed his tune.  He is now pushing for people to be vaccinated on FB.

1 minute ago, ManuManu said:

Taylor has had one good game so far. 

But he's still a rookie!!!Z#$@#&!ZZZZZZZZZ

Archived