EMB Blog: 2021 Regular and Post Season

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 75.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Why?

My guess is he goes unclaimed. Then goes to a team like the raiders, chiefs, packers or NO who all are playoff teams who could use a "upgrade”outside wr. I use the quotes for upgrade for a reason lol 

2 hours ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

A list I found on the world wide web...

1. Derek Stingley Jr., LSU
2. Kaiir Elam, Florida
3. Andrew Booth Jr., Clemson
4. Roger McCreary, Auburn
5. Trent McDuffie, Washington
6. Ahmad Gardner, Cincinnati
7. Mykael Wright, Oregon
8. Noah Daniels, TCU
9. Tiawan Mullen, Indiana
10a. Josh Jobe, Alabama
10b. Derion Kendrick, Georgia

Stingley has held the top spot since 2019 when as a Freshman, he was the best corner in college.    He missed 3 games last year and a bunch this season due to surgery. He hasn’t had Farley type injuries but his foot surgery had been a long time coming.
 The kid is obviously really good, but unless the Eagles improve their Safeties or LB’s, him and Elam both would be luxuries like Slay.   
 Stingley and Elam aren’t aggressive tacklers like Gardner and Booth.   Gardener has the football instincts while Booth is probably the better athlete, but both of these dudes especially Booth love to hit ball carriers and can help in short pass tackling and run defense, Gardner is way underrated in coverage. 

1 hour ago, BigEFly said:

A defendant/insurer that isn’t negotiating until a summary judgment is heard is foolish.  There is risk to both sides. A good plaintiff attorney recognizes the risk too.   Good communication allows a negotiation that recognizes the risk to each and a reasonable settlement.   Only a large insurer that goes by three initials is notoriously that stupid to not negotiate until the bitter end. Now many larger companies are self insured for the first few millions, at least, and may fight to the last moment because it is harder to risk at arm’s length when invested in the persons/decisions leading to the loss. (Same is true for plaintiffs, which makes things hard for their attorneys at times as they try to manage the client’s expectations.). For most defendants and insurers, a known result and closed matter is the goal.  Doesn’t mean they won’t try the cases they should win, they will. But on the cases they win (including a trial result lower than or equal to their offers), there is frequently an offer on the table.

I think probably the breadth of your experience in different jurisdictions plays into your view.  NC is a contrib state and it's a significant factor in many cases.  We also tend to have conservative juries although that varies by county.  Probably the fairer assessment is that defendants have to see the evidence come out in discovery that supports the claim before they put a significant offer on the table.  I think the perspective from our side is they have to be convinced you can get to a jury before you can see a reasonable offer.  Keep in mind our view of the process is seen through the defendants' attorneys.  I'm sure you have seen more than one defense attorney that churned a file before relaying an offer or responding to a demand.

5 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

Remember how immortal you felt when you were young?

Now imagine that for an exceptional athlete that's been pampered since he was 10.

If I was in his position, I would probably just hire someone to carry me around

Dave Chapelle P Diddy GIFs | Tenor

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

My guess is he goes unclaimed. Then goes to a team like the raiders, chiefs, packers or NO who all are playoff teams who could use a "upgrade”outside wr. I use the quotes for upgrade for a reason lol 

Yea, it would be dumb for any team to claim that contract. 

2 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Raiders make a ton of sense.  

Insane the Browns didn't trade him for anything, even a bag of footballs at the deadline. 

1 hour ago, bpac55 said:

No it isn't.  That's the kind of pick you make in the 5th round or after.  

A 3rd round pick is a 3rd round pick.  It's not where you take a gamble, especially on a position Howie has proved he has no idea how to draft.

Eh, those comp 3rds aren't true 3rds. Pick 103 was a 4th round pick the year before Taylor was drafted.

I didn't mind the Taylor pick in a vacuum. I did, however, hate that he was the biggest investment at LB and that he was picked right after Hurts.

Rodgers underwent a "Homeopathic or holistic immunization treatment" which the NFL does not consider a vaccination. The team has been aware from the beginning and Rodgers apparently follows the proper protocols inside the building. According to Rappaport on The Pat McAfee Show.

Geez.

5 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

After yesterdays events, I don't think he needs to be anywhere near Vegas.

2 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Yup especially after what happened with ruggs. I think KC makes sense as well. Hardman, Gordon and robinson as their no. 2 (HA!) wide receivers haven’t been good enough. Opposite Hill, i think OBJ can actually be a good no. 2 WR (HAHA!)

1 minute ago, D-Shiznit said:

Geez.

I’m almost positive rodgers is part of a cult. Saw it on dateline 

1 minute ago, MillerTime said:

I never said to claim him

Probably the only way you're going to get him here

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Yup especially after what happened with ruggs. I think KC makes sense as well. Hardman, Gordon and robinson as their no. 2 (HA!) wide receivers haven’t been good enough. Opposite Hill, i think OBJ can actually be a good no. 2 WR (HAHA!)

Jackson makes sense in LV too

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

Jackson makes sense in LV too

Thought about that too. He definitely replaces the speed they lost in ruggs for about 1.5 games. Lol 

39 minutes ago, Ipiggles said:

The 2nd amendment was not written so the people could use guns to hunt. It was written as a means to give the people an ability to resist tyranny should the government forget they are for the people by the people.......  Lets not forget the intent, it still stands.  The comma between a well regulated militia and the last part the right of the people to bear arms Indicates it is two different thoughts included in that statement. A well regulated malitia and the right of the people to bear arms shall not be infringed. 

It is not "two different thoughts," the first part justifies and explains the second part.

The problem with Scalia "orginalism" is he tried to avoid these issues by focusing only on the text, and not the context. Probably because it was easier to get the results he wanted as an activist judge.

You have to actually read the history of the use and regulation of guns under British law and the emerging colonies.

Militias were almost universal at that time, and outside of cities, able bodied men were often required to serve in a militia.

But the Founding Fathers were also wary of the "mob," which is where the "well regulated" comes from , i.e. under control of the state.

The Bill of Rights tried to balance both individual and State's rights against Federal authority. It was the State regulated militias that were the bulwark against Federal tyranny, not a bunch of self-appointed patriots.

Archived