Lane Johnson posts personal message about depression & anxiety, returning to the field soon

time2rock

24 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

If Dillard plays well at left tackle this year, it's almost certain that he will be on the team next year. 

That's what I think as well. Some guys develop faster than others.  If Dillard finally starts living up to his 1st round potential at LT and Mailata continues to develop at RT (although he's better on the left side IMO) this could be your bookends going forward. 

7 hours ago, Talkingbirds said:

Eagles "The Fridge”  clone ?

well,  William Perry had nowhere near the experience that ex pro rugby player Mailata has.

The rugby video shows a lot of running,  some catching pitches,  some throwing pitches,  some tackling.  The video shows that he can do those tasks,  running, throwing, catching, tackling.  The video shows that athletically Mailata is much better than the pro rugby competition,   but the video does not show that Mailata can cut it against NFL players.  Real world experience with the Eagles shows that Mailata can cut it physically against NFL players. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Random Reglar said:

well,  William Perry had nowhere near the experience that ex pro rugby player Mailata has.

The rugby video shows a lot of running,  some catching pitches,  some throwing pitches,  some tackling.  The video shows that he can do those tasks,  running, throwing, catching, tackling.  The video shows that athletically Mailata is much better than the pro rugby competition,   but the video does not show that Mailata can cut it against NFL players.  Real world experience with the Eagles shows that Mailata can cut it physically against NFL players. 

Mailata is not lining up in the back field, not carrying or throwing the ball.  Get over this idiotic idea.

This guy is getting more media protection than Joe Biden. Somebody, somewhere, has to know what's going on and spill the beans.

45 minutes ago, Random Reglar said:

Won’t happen, but no way in hell could you tackle him head on, one on one.  Imagine that in the arena league where guys could get into a full sprint before the ball was snapped

1 hour ago, Random Reglar said:

Looks like dad is getting too competitive in the backyard with the kids. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

That would of come out as a suspension from the league if that was the case. 

Not necessarily. Players not in the program are only tested once per year for street drugs. He could also have a prescription for them. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Not necessarily. Players not in the program are only tested once per year for street drugs. He could also have a prescription for them. 

Still don't know why you would drive all the way to Oklahoma and then get driven back 3 days later because of opiates. Makes zero sense. 

1 minute ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Still don't know why you would drive all the way to Oklahoma and then get driven back 3 days later because of opiates. Makes zero sense. 

He drove there and flew back. If I had to guess, I'd say he went to see his kids to explain the situation, and he drove either to clear his mind or he has pets or a car he didn't want to leave unattended to. 

Completely baseless speculation on my part, but everything does seem to be pointing that way. What else is a taboo personal matter involving family but being away from the family for an extended period of time while also being away from the team for an extended period of time and not participating in any practice/games with no clear timetable of return other than rehab?

5 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

He drove there and flew back. If I had to guess, I'd say he went to see his kids to explain the situation, and he drove either to clear his mind or he has pets or a car he didn't want to leave unattended to. 

Completely baseless speculation on my part, but everything does seem to be pointing that way. What else is a taboo personal matter involving family but being away from the family for an extended period of time while also being away from the team for an extended period of time and not participating in any practice/games with no clear timetable of return other than rehab?

Where are you seeing he flew back?? All the reports I've read said he was driven back by eagles security.

That’s because, according to Derrick Gunn, Johnson is still driving back from Oklahoma where he was tending to a "personal matter.”

Clark also reports that Eagles security chief Dom DiSandro "went to Oklahoma on Wednesday and brought Lane back to Philly.”

Screenshot_20211012-162437.png

Just now, Bwestbrook36 said:

Where are you seeing he flew back?? All the reports I've read said he was driven back by eagles security

I thought I remembered seeing something about flying but maybe I just made that assumption based off this. If he went to Oklahoma on Wednesday there's no way he could have driven back to get Lane back to Philly by 4PM

3 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I thought I remembered seeing something about flying but maybe I just made that assumption based off this. If he went to Oklahoma on Wednesday there's no way he could have driven back to get Lane back to Philly by 4PM

Eagles could of sent that guy down right after he left to follow up on Lane to make sure he was ok then started driving back Tuesday night. Who knows. I haven't seen anything saying he flew though. A few pages back someone has the timeline posted and that also said he drove back

12 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Eagles could of sent that guy down right after he left to follow up on Lane to make sure he was ok then started driving back Tuesday night. Who knows. I haven't seen anything saying he flew though. A few pages back someone has the timeline posted and that also said he drove back

Never heard anything about driving back. Anyway, it'll come out when he's ready to say. Just hard to imagine what else could keep someone away from their family and team for such an extended period of time that's described as a "complicated family and health matter that doesn't have to do with a physical injury to his ankle". It feels like the Josh Gordon situation a couple years ago where he had to leave for more treatment. 

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Never heard anything about driving back. Anyway, it'll come out when he's ready to say. Just hard to imagine what else could keep someone away from their family and team for such an extended period of time. It feels like the Josh Gordon situation a couple years ago where he had to leave for more treatment. 

Lol how do you read nothing about driving back and I read nothing about him flying back? It doesn't matter, just funny lol. 

It's all speculation, I honestly rather him stay away. It's time to see what these young guys have. 

29 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Lol how do you read nothing about driving back and I read nothing about him flying back? It doesn't matter, just funny lol. 

It's all speculation, I honestly rather him stay away. It's time to see what these young guys have. 

Too early for that unless he's done for the season. Lane is arguably the best RT in the league.

But I do wonder how long they wait until they move him off the active roster and onto a non-football reserve designation to open up a roster spot.  

6 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

Too early for that unless he's done for the season. Lane is arguably the best RT in the league.

But I do wonder how long they wait until they move him off the active roster and onto a non-football reserve designation to open up a roster spot.  

Used to be the best RT in the league he has been banged up for the last couple.of years and has had not so great games sprinkled in. I don't want to deal with another Peters situation. 

3 hours ago, downundermike said:

Mailata is not lining up in the back field, not carrying or throwing the ball.  Get over this idiotic idea.

Mailata played TE.  And you would call that idiotic too.

You can silence yourself when faced with ideas you disagree with.

There have been many who argued that Mailata would NEVER play outside of the OL, and he already has.  So, you're wrong.

2 hours ago, The Blackfish said:

Won’t happen, but no way in hell could you tackle him head on, one on one.  Imagine that in the arena league where guys could get into a full sprint before the ball was snapped

if there is no way in hell you could tackle him head on, one on one,  you do that.  1st and goal,  Hurts under center,  Mailata at tailback, gets a full head of steam and takes a handoff.  He gets the yard.  Physically, he can do many things others can't.   They already have him at TE, step 1 on the SuperWeapon path.  Tyree Jackson is another SuperWeapon.

49 minutes ago, Random Reglar said:

Mailata played TE.  And you would call that idiotic too.

You can silence yourself when faced with ideas you disagree with.

There have been many who argued that Mailata would NEVER play outside of the OL, and he already has.  So, you're wrong.

He lined up as the second tackle in a jumbo package.  Totally different.

14 minutes ago, downundermike said:

No sense arguing with the kray krays.  

19 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Basically slot WR 

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

Basically slot WR 

They won't even run with actual running backs and this guy thinks they are gonna run with their star tackle  🤡

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

They won't even run with actual running backs and this guy thinks they are gonna run with their star tackle  🤡

And to complete the circle of absurdity, his lead blocker would be Gainwell…

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

But no, it's isn't.  He was playing the position of Tight End.  He was an eligible receiver.
You are wrong.

But you did a good job of making up a new name for Tight End - "second tackle"

However, I'd like to look at the video of those plays.  It's possible that they moved Dillard to Left Guard. 

8 minutes ago, Random Reglar said:

But no, it's isn't.  He was playing the position of Tight End.  He was an eligible receiver.
You are wrong.

But you did a good job of making up a new name for Tight End - "second tackle"

However, I'd like to look at the video of those plays.  It's possible that they moved Dillard to Left Guard. 

E8EE6648-DBBE-4D53-A13E-4401CDD1710D.jpeg