The Miami Draft Pick Could be Top 8

EaglesAddict

1 hour ago, kiwieagle said:

Can’t see the scenario where they get Watson, give up Tua but Watson can’t play.

If they make the deal now they must have gotten comfortable that he can play until at least the court case works through. Otherwise they’d just wait I think

That's exactly right.  You can be sure that Ross would have checked with the league office before closing on that deal.  Maybe he has.  Despite pronouncements that Watson is a rapist, he's never even been accused of rape.  There was no violence involved, no penetration.  In effect, Watson is a serial toad.  Certainly not an ideal type of behavior a team would want from its QB, but there are far worse scoundrels in the NFL.

On 10/20/2021 at 7:52 PM, Procus said:

John McClain of the Houston Chronicle reports that sources close to the situation believe Watson won't be suspended.  Have to believe the Phins would do their due diligence in that regard with the league before closing a deal for him.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/texas-sports-nation/texans/article/Deshaun-Watson-Texans-Dolphins-trade-16549248.php?utm_campaign=CMS Sharing Tools (Premium)&utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

The NFL has been so tight lipped on the Watson deal no one really knows what will happen. It does feel like something should’ve come down by now, but since the Texans aren’t even attempting to play the guy it’s like the league is getting a free pass here at least until some team tries to play him. In any case i just hope the Eagles stay away from that debacle. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Cheesteakitis said:

losing again looking good!! #1 pick could end up being in play 🙂 

might have spoke to soon

Yeah!!! More early picks for.this awful team at picking players and coaches yes !!!!! Wooooooo!!

The freaking Bengals are out classing the eagles in drafting and you guys are excited

23 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Yeah!!! More early picks for.this awful team at picking players and coaches yes !!!!! Wooooooo!!

The freaking Bengals are out classing the eagles in drafting and you guys are excited

You’re right, we should probably be rooting for worse draft picks.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, time2rock said:

You’re right, we should probably be rooting for worse draft picks.  

Does it matter? Same FO it's the only thing that hasn't changed in the last 10 yrs. 

Eagles might have two top 5 picks next year. Their own and Miami’s. But didn’t Miami recently have three first rounders and look where they are? If the team can’t draft right it means nothing.

47 minutes ago, xxeaglesfanxx said:

Eagles might have two top 5 picks next year. Their own and Miami’s. But didn’t Miami recently have three first rounders and look where they are? If the team can’t draft right it means nothing.

They still have two games against the Jets who look like trash and lost their QB. The Texans are also trash so we'll see if they stay top 5.

3 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Does it matter? Same FO it's the only thing that hasn't changed in the last 10 yrs. 

The higher the pick, the less chance Howie screws it up. 

6 minutes ago, NOTW said:

The higher the pick, the less chance Howie screws it up. 

Whooppeeee

7 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Whooppeeee

Obviously I want him fired, but at least a higher pick helps if he's here.

Reagor vs Smith e. g.

Just now, NOTW said:

Obviously I want him fired, but at least a higher pick helps if he's here.

Reagor vs Smith e. g.

Glad it took 2 epic fails at drafting a receiver to get him to the top pick to get Smith. 

I'm getting nervous about the draft. The top picks are too good of an opportunity for Howie to make the choices. We need a strong draft team to kill it this year or we are doomed for a long time.

2 hours ago, Diehardfan said:

They still have two games against the Jets who look like trash and lost their QB. The Texans are also trash so we'll see if they stay top 5.

2 games against the Jets?

6 minutes ago, time2rock said:

2 games against the Jets?

Yeah, the Dolphins still have both games against the Jets.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

Yeah, the Dolphins still have both games against the Jets.

My bad, I was thinking you were talking about the Eagles.  Now that I re-read it, you were talking about Miami.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, What The F said:

Im starting to think there's a chance at 2 top 5 picks...

There’s a chance at having the first two picks. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1