The Miami Draft Pick Could be Top 8

EaglesAddict

3 hours ago, What The F said:

Im starting to think there's a chance at 2 top 5 picks...

There is a chance but there are some bad out there. Certainly plenty of teams that have stunk even worse than us and the Dolphins. Texans and Jets look like locks for top-3. Jags could improve late as Lawrence figures out NFL. Lions are winless but have been competitive in a few games at least. Panthers and Broncos racked up early wins but are imploding now.

The real keys will be our games against the Lions, Jets and Broncos, as well as 4 game slate against Giants and Redskins. We cant win more than say two-three of those games if we want our pick to land in top-5. But with a schedule as weak as ours, think our pick lands in top-10 but not top-5.

2 hours ago, kiwieagle said:

Certainly plenty of teams that have stunk even worse than us and the Dolphins. Texans and Jets look like locks for top-3.

Hmm I'm not so sure about that. Right now I wouldn't back the Eagles to beat any of those teams. Ok maybe the Jets but not the Phins no matter how bad they are. 

• Like 1

Hoping Carolina or Denver gets Watson. Would be our luck for him to go to the Dolphins and turn their season around.

10 hours ago, Diehardfan said:

Hoping Carolina or Denver gets Watson. Would be our luck for him to go to the Dolphins and turn their season around.

Watson going to either Carolina or Denver - helps us in multiple ways. Keeps him away from the Phins and takes one other team out of the top-5 pick stakes which Carolina and Denver are firmly in the running for despite their fast early starts  

• Like 2

Most likely, Watson ain't going anywhere in 2021.  There was a report that the compensation aspect of a deal between Miami and Houston has been agreed upon, but that his legal issues need to first be resolved.  That ain't happening by the trade deadline.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Procus said:

Most likely, Watson ain't going anywhere in 2021.  There was a report that the compensation aspect of a deal between Miami and Houston has been agreed upon, but that his legal issues need to first be resolved.  That ain't happening by the trade deadline.

2 hours ago, Diehardfan said:

He is probably going to the Dolphins..but the report could be BS

NSFW

Watson isn't going anywhere this year. The legal issues are still live. No team can risk giving up a substantial amount for him and the Texans would be silly to trade him for next to nothing.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Watson isn't going anywhere this year. The legal issues are still live. No team can risk giving up a substantial amount for him and the Texans would be silly to trade him for next to nothing.

I mean that depends surely? Right now with these legal issues going on and him not having played this year his value is potentially lower than it would have been. If these legal issues (I think they are civil issues though aren't they?) all go away then his value probably rises a little. 

4 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I mean that depends surely? Right now with these legal issues going on and him not having played this year his value is potentially lower than it would have been. If these legal issues (I think they are civil issues though aren't they?) all go away then his value probably rises a little. 

Like he said, the Texans would be stupid to accept a lowball offer now, unless of course they have serious concerns the Criminal investigation is going to end in charges and destroy any value.

Unless the trade has a clause that voids it in the event Watson ends up facing criminal charges, I don't see it happening.

• Like 1

On 10/25/2021 at 12:37 PM, Diehardfan said:

he's not playing this season

I don’t think we’ve properly appreciated just how incredibly dumb the trade by the Dolphins was to give us this pick in the first place. Why the F would you trade a future first weeks before the draft in order to move up for a … WR?

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

Is the Miami pick right now the 2nd or 3rd? 

2nd I believe.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EagleJoe8 said:

2nd I believe.

Gotta give Howie credit there. He fleeced that team. 

1 minute ago, EagleJoe8 said:

2nd I believe.

Unless we are picking a QB with that, the only way I would stay at #2 would be if Kayvon is on the board.

Stingley/Hutchinson/Leal are not worth the #2 pick.

Trade down in that scenario.

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

Gotta give Howie credit there. He fleeced that team. 

Miami must have figured they were playoff bound, and SF would struggle. I think it's as much on Miami over rating themselves.

That said, I always liked the trade.

2 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

Unless we are picking a QB with that, the only way I would stay at #2 would be if Kayvon is on the board.

I don't follow college so I can't say. I just know they have to nail this draft.

Right @NOTW?

• Like 1

Just now, D-Shiznit said:

And no QB is worth that #2 pick. In fact... If Thibodeaux is off the board and a team wants a QB then trade down. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

And no QB is worth that #2 pick. In fact... If Thibodeaux is off the board and a team wants a QB then trade down. 

No QB is worth that yet, but the process is ongoing.

Pickeett keeps rising and Ridder will have his moment in the CFP. We'll see.

No QB is worth that yet, but the process is ongoing.

Pickeett keeps rising and Ridder will have his moment in the CFP. We'll see.

Pickett is such a risk as a one year wonder. He could work out like Burrow but I don't like the fit on this team. And Ridder just does not have the accuracy. But yeah you're right there's lots of time to go. 

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Pickett is such a risk as a one year wonder. He could work out like Burrow but I don't like the fit on this team. And Ridder just does not have the accuracy. But yeah you're right there's lots of time to go. 

I'm with you. Risk is there no doubt about it.

Pickett is on the Burrow track but doesn't mean it will stay that way in the NFL.

Ridder is drawing comparisons to Josh Allen, who also had accuracy issues but the talent was outrageous. Allen eventually fixed his accuracy to match his talent, but doesn't mean Ridder will.

The Eagles are going to have one hell of an off-season evaluation process on their hands.

• Like 2

I'm with you. Risk is there no doubt about it.

Pickett is on the Burrow track but doesn't mean it will stay that way in the NFL.

Ridder is drawing comparisons to Josh Allen, who also had accuracy issues but the talent was outrageous. Allen eventually fixed his accuracy to match his talent, but doesn't mean Ridder will.

The Eagles are going to have one hell of an off-season evaluation process on their hands.

Yeah it's so tough. I mean there's things to like about every QB in this draft. But there is also some real flags with all of them. I mean I'm liking Corral so far right now but then the size is a concern. And I also don't think what he’d be like in a more traditional nfl offense. I think he could be a turnover machine. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Miami must have figured they were playoff bound, and SF would struggle. I think it's as much on Miami over rating themselves.

That said, I always liked the trade.

I don't follow college so I can't say. I just know they have to nail this draft.

Right @NOTW?

Yes or else they'll be set back for years! 

• Haha 2

A couple years ago some fans here thought Miami was on the right track and wished the Eagles would be more like them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, NOTW said:

A couple years ago some fans here thought Miami was on the right track and wished the Eagles would be more like them.

I have to say... Last year they looked a QB away from being a good team. This year despite the QB issues they look a horrid team again. Strange one.