Is it time for Minshew *** Poll ***

Is it time for Minshew  

107 members have voted

1. 1. Is it time for Minshew

This poll is closed to new votes

Is that a serious question? 

Have some patience with Hurts. Give him a year to see what he can do. It’s actually possible that he improves, he’s only started 10 games. Very few QB’s, Peyton Manning included, came into the league looking like a superstar. Manning had 28 Ints as a rookie but he got better, much better. Look how much Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson improved after some experience. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

Just now, Road to Victory said:

Is that a serious question? 

Have some patience with Hurts. Give him a year to see what he can do. It’s actually possible that he improves, he’s only started 10 games. Very few QB’s, Peyton Manning included, came into the league looking like a superstar. Manning had 28 Ints as a rookie but he got better, much better. Look how much Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson improved after some experience. 

Hurts should be learning and improving with every game. His timing should be getting better with every practice. That hasn't been happening. Sticking with him too long might adversely affect the growth of the young WRs. It's time to open up the competition for the QB1 job. Hurts can still wind up being the guy, but right now, he can't even perform in front of the home crowd. I'm a patient guy, but if there is someone sitting behind a starter that has a higher ceiling, than it's criminal to keep that player inactive on game days. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MeccaDon123 said:

literally a new circle jerk thread. 

blocked...coward.

Put your oxygen tank down. Don't do anything crazy

• Haha 5

Won't lie. I'd be curious to see what he could do over a 4 game stretch. See if he looks any better.

• Like 1

So is Minshew going to change the fact that the fraudulent coach won't run the ball or ever attack the middle of the field.

• Like 6

Not me. I have him in fantasy and he's good for 25 points a game. 4-1 in my big money league.  Too bad he's not a good nfl qb.

Let me spare the suspense. The future of qb for this team is not on the roster.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, manz2821 said:

Not me. I have him in fantasy and he's good for 25 points a game. 4-1 in my big money league.  Too bad he's not a good nfl qb.

Let me spare the suspense. The future of qb for this team is not on the roster.

You're probably right. But we traded for Minshew so what the hell. Try it

2 minutes ago, eaglesflyers#1 said:

How to expose Hurts apologists? Start a Minshew poll. Well done, sir!

Since I think Hurts is neither the main problem, nor the long term solution what does that make me.

• Like 1

Just now, T-1000 said:

Since I think Hurts is neither the main problem, nor the long term solution what does that make me.

A tweener

• Like 1

By mid-season if Hurts continues to regress. Sirianni should be replaced at the same time. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Won't lie. I'd be curious to see what he could do over a 4 game stretch. See if he looks any better.

Our WRs are running wide open every week but Hurts under throws them every week. We know Flacco has a big arm but I haven't seen much of Minshew. 

10 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

You're probably right. But we traded for Minshew so what the hell. Try it

Well if Minshew looks decent. Then Siri gets to stay and groom him for next year. We all know how that will turn out. If Hurts keeps sucking then maybe just maybe Lurie gets sick of his boy toy Howie and his another wasted 2nd round pick in Hurts and cans everybody. That seems to be our only hope.

• Like 1

Minshew is not a franchise QB. Hurts struggling does not change that. Just draft a QB.

Well if Minshew looks decent. Then Siri gets to stay and groom him for next year. We all know how that will turn out. If Hurts keeps sucking then maybe just maybe Lurie gets sick of his boy toy Howie and his another wasted 2nd round pick in Hurts and cans everybody. That seems to be our only hope.

You want to be careful making a habit of firing coaches after short times. Makes people with options not want the job. Ask the Browns. 

• Like 1

Just now, PhiEaglesWin07 said:

Minshew is not a franchise QB. Hurts struggling does not change that. Just draft a QB.

Is the draft before the next game?

1 minute ago, Uscg-green said:

You want to be careful making a habit of firing coaches after short times. Makes people with options not want the job. Ask the Browns. 

Or the cards. They fired thier coach after one year. Got rid of the qb in Rosen and rebuilt and now are probably the best team in football. Or the niners when they fired 3 coaches in 2 years last being Chip and were in the SB soon after. It can go both ways. I just don't see anything with Siri. He makes Chip look like an offensive wiz.

Or the cards. They fired thier coach after one year. Got rid of the qb in Rosen and rebuilt and now are probably the best team in football. Or the niners when they fired 3 coaches in 2 years last being Chip and were in the SB soon after. It can go both ways. I just don't see anything with Siri. He makes Chip look like an offensive wiz.

I'm sure once you can recover from. You just can't make a habit of doing it year after year after year. If you're going to fire the coach that won you a SB you gotta do better than Siri. 

I think at some point we need to see Minshew play a few games to get a better evaluation of Sirianni.  You can't tell ish when Hurts is playing as poorly as he is.  Minshew put up respectable stats on an ishy JAX team (and as DUMike has pointed out, most of the games he played were 1 score going into the 4th QTR so his stats weren't garbage time).  Anyone who has watched his highlights can see he can read the field better, make more NFL throws, and throw over the middle.  I for one would like to see a comparison of how the O looks with Minshew for a few games vs what we've seen so far of Hurts.  Then we will have a better idea of Sirianni and that chicken and egg question of is it Hurts or Sirianni will be answered.  It's the only way.

• Like 1

Just now, Uscg-green said:

I'm sure once you can recover from. You just can't make a habit of doing it year after year after year. If you're going to fire the coach that won you a SB you gotta do better than Siri. 

Well the problem is Howie. With him around would a good coach want to coach the Eagles? That's why I still feel for all our sakes as fans our only hope is for Howie to get canned. Get a new GM and let the GM pick his own coach and Lurie can go back and hide in his cave and count his money.