Is it time for Minshew *** Poll ***

Is it time for Minshew  

107 members have voted

1. 1. Is it time for Minshew

This poll is closed to new votes

I think Siriani is being told he has to play Hurts and Siriani doesn't think Hurts can run a regular west-coast/drop back offense so he's using the one read RPO.

4 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Minshew will go through his reads, find the 2nd and 3rd guys open, and also throw deep passes efficiently.  The only one who will be exposed if Minshew plays is Hurts.

It's not even worth replying to your posts because you're so drunk with your hate with Hurts.  This high school offense that Sirianni is running is going to be a disaster for any QB. You can't just decide that you're going to no include the running game at all and thus let defenses know they can just play and expect the pass every single down.  Then beyond that this is just flat out the dumbest football team in the league and that is all on Sirianni and his staff and their complete lack of discipline holding any of the players accountable when they make bone headed mistakes. 

Hurts had a bad game on a short week it was a stock down game for sure.  But the biggest issue on this team is Nick Sirianni. He is very clearly one of the worst hdead coaches in the league.  The longer he is coaching this team beyond this season the worse that is for the franchise. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

It's not even worth replying to your posts because you're so drunk with your hate with Hurts.  This high school offense that Sirianni is running is going to be a disaster for any QB.

The play calling still does not excuse Hurts not getting to his second read, which was wide open several times.  He bails the pocket way to soon, even when there is no pressure.  HE IS NOT SEEING THE FIELD.  Prime example, the forced pass to Reagor that you called a bad drop.  Miles was open immediately, and he should have seen it pre snap based on the defensive look.  I saw he was coming open before Hurts set his feet to throw.

I am not sure who voted no, but whom ever these people are, are kidding themselves. Hurts never should have been named the starting QB. 

He is not good, and is not improving. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ipiggles said:

I am not sure who voted no, but whom ever these people are, are kiddeing themselves. Hurts never should have been named the starting QB. 

He is not good, and is not improving. 

If you click on the little person icon next to the vote total on the right, it shows you who voted for that option.

The only 2 reasons you would click no, would be you want them to finish 2-15

or 

You think Minshew sucks and Flacco would be better option

16 minutes ago, Perforator said:

I think Siriani is being told he has to play Hurts and Siriani doesn't think knows Hurts cant run a regular west-coast/drop back offense so he's using the one read RPO. Because thats what Hurts can do, even if he cant do that well, it's what he does best

FYP, 

Does anyone actually think Minshew will be any better? The line is trash yet again and the playcalling is atrocious. Unless you’re getting Brady or Mahomes a new qb, especially a 7th round project pick, isn’t changing anything.

the guy who once lost his starting job to mike glennon...that's who some of you think the eagles' should start?  :lol:  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, xxeaglesfanxx said:

Does anyone actually think Minshew will be any better? The line is trash yet again and the playcalling is atrocious. Unless you’re getting Brady or Mahomes a new qb, especially a 7th round project pick, isn’t changing anything.

The line is being made to look worse because Hurts is bailing the pocket and running into trouble when he does not need to.

12 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

the guy who once lost his starting job to mike glennon...that's who some of you think the eagles' should start?  :lol:  

He had the only wins in Jacksonville his two years there. He can make the throws, go watch a youtube highlight video.  He can make throws to all parts of the field.

4:20 of this video, the same ball Hurts underthrew to Smith

Another great throw @mr_hunt at the 5:30 mark, looks up the seem, then he looks like he is going deep up the sideline, brings his eyes back up the seem as he is winding up and throws a bullet.

1 hour ago, Kz! said:

If we start 2-10 with the Raiders, Lions, and Giants all coming up and winnable games against the Broncos and Saints also on the schedule, we'll be looking for a new coach and a new QB in the offseason.

That's a fair assessment. I think the most glaring weakness is Siri at this point, he needs to be fired with his high-school offense.

Howie/Jeff need to swallow their pride and bring back Doug if he's willing. 

24 minutes ago, downundermike said:

He had the only wins in Jacksonville his two years there. He can make the throws, go watch a youtube highlight video.  He can make throws to all parts of the field.

4:20 of this video, the same ball Hurts underthrew to Smith

Another great throw @mr_hunt at the 5:30 mark, looks up the seem, then he looks like he is going deep up the sideline, brings his eyes back up the seem as he is winding up and throws a bullet.

i know who minshew is...don't need a youtube highlight vid. :lol:  

he burst onto the scene with the jags when foles got  hurt...became popular because of his mustache & a few good games...and later fell back to reality & got benched for mike glennon...and then the jags drafted lawrence.  minshew is just a guy, imo. 

hurts has been really bad at times...i agree there. i'd like to see them go run first...that's what you do with a qb like hurts. run, run, run,....then run playaction...like what the ravens did early on with lamar. ..and still kinda do now. 

this is a tank season anyway. i'd rather see if hurts develops...while possibly increasing his value around the league....rather than throw minshew in there & watch him mustache his way into a couple lucky wins that screw up the eagles' draft pick. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

he burst onto the scene with the jags when foles got  hurt...became popular because of his mustache & a few good games...and later fell back to reality & got benched for mike glennon...and then the jags drafted lawrence.  minshew is just a guy, imo. 

Yep Yep and yep. People want to think he's better than he is because he's got a moustache and really that's what he's known for. Which let's be honest says it all. 

I don't think anyone is saying Minshew is THE answer. But for me I'm tired of watching Hurts, I'm tired of the missed open receivers,  and I'm tired of the under thrown passes. I rather put in an average QB who doesn't have the athleticism but can read the field and make the throw.

Maybe our WRs would start looking a lot better. I wanted to see what Hurts could do... and I've seen enough.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, T-1000 said:

So is Minshew going to change the fact that the fraudulent coach won't run the ball or ever attack the middle of the field.

Actually, that's one reason it might not be a bad idea if it gets toward the end of the season and we're seeing the same crap, then it becomes really an evaluation of the coach. Minshew can make the downfield throws Hurts can't. put him in there and see if the offense opens up. If it doesn't, get Siriani the hell out of here. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, thedanone82 said:

I don't think anyone is saying Minshew is THE answer. But for me I'm tired of watching Hurts, I'm tired of the missed open receivers,  and I'm tired of the under thrown passes. I rather put in an average QB who doesn't have the athleticism but can read the field and make the throw.

Maybe our WRs would start looking a lot better. I wanted to see what Hurts could do... and I've seen enough.

Spot on 

26 minutes ago, thedanone82 said:

Correct and it will expose Siriani. What will his excuse be then on why he refuses to incorporate a vertical passing game?

1 minute ago, Moe Greene said:

Correct and it will expose Siriani. What will his excuse be then on why he refuses to incorporate a vertical passing game?

If Minshew plays, the only one who will be exposed is Jalen Hurts

I want Hurts to succeed here but I know Minshew would thrive in this offense. I was a fan when I seen him pick apart our defense in a preseason game his rookie year. 

2 minutes ago, MagicMoment said:

I want Hurts to succeed here but I know Minshew would thrive in this offense. I was a fan when I seen him pick apart our defense in a preseason game his rookie year. 

Minshew would not thrive in this offense. I'm not sure any QB would but this desire to get him in here is just bizarre. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Minshew would not thrive in this offense. I'm not sure any QB would but this desire to get him in here is just bizarre. 

Because he has proven in the NFL he can throw to second and third reads.  And as we have seen the last few weeks, those guys are open.