Is it time for Minshew *** Poll ***

Is it time for Minshew  

107 members have voted

1. 1. Is it time for Minshew

This poll is closed to new votes

2 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Minshew would not thrive in this offense. I'm not sure any QB would but this desire to get him in here is just bizarre. 

My comment was not to say this offense and play calling is good, I'm saying he makes most of the throws Jalen is clearly missing

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

Because he has proven in the NFL he can throw to second and third reads.  And as we have seen the last few weeks, those guys are open.

Minshew is not a good QB. Say what you want about Hurts and that he's not the guy. No maybe he isn't. But Minshew is not the guy either. I absolutely do not want to see him under centre for this team at any point. 

Just now, MagicMoment said:

My comment was not to say this offense and play calling is good, I'm saying he makes most of the throws Jalen is clearly missing

Does he? Then why is he the #3 on this roster? Why was he ousted by Glennon in Jacksonville? Because he's not good that is why. 

Minshew is not a good QB

False.  He played well on the worst team in the NFL.  He won the only games that team won the 2 years he was there.  He would be playing in a better situation, and would play well.

Just now, downundermike said:

False.  He played well on the worst team in the NFL.  He won the only games that team won the 2 years he was there.  He would be playing in a better situation, and would play well.

You don't actually know that. And anyway he was ousted by Glennon as I've just said. Glennon is not a good QB. End of.

7 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

You don't actually know that. And anyway he was ousted by Glennon as I've just said. Glennon is not a good QB. End of.

A flailing franchise made a QB switch at the end of a 1-15 season.  You are obviously basing your opinion on some articles you have read, and have not spent any substantial time watching Minshew play, which I have, a ton.

A flailing franchise made a QB switch at the end of a 1-15 season.  You are obviously basing your opinion on some articles you have read, and have not spent any substantial time watching Minshew play, which I have, a ton.

I don't really read articles about other teams. I'm basing it on my opinion that he's not very good, he's not the answer and he's more famous for his moustache than his play. In my opinion he's not a good player and he's not the answer. In your opinion you think he could be good. That's fine. I'm entitled to my opinion and you are entitled to yours. 

I don't really read articles about other teams. I'm basing it on my opinion that he's not very good, he's not the answer and he's more famous for his moustache than his play. In my opinion he's not a good player and he's not the answer. In your opinion you think he could be good. That's fine. I'm entitled to my opinion and you are entitled to yours. 

Have you watched him play ?? I have, in the NFL, in college, I live in the closest major city to WSU.  Not trying to be a D, but if you have not watched him play, hard to put any stock into your opinion.  Go look at the numbers, go watch the throws he has made in the NFL.

Have you watched him play ?? I have, in the NFL, in college, I live in the closest major city to WSU.  Not trying to be a D, but if you have not watched him play, hard to put any stock into your opinion.  Go look at the numbers, go watch the throws he has made in the NFL.

Yes I have watched him play. Can he make more throws than Hurts? Yeah sure. But Hurts brings other things. Ultimately the likelihood is that neither are the answer for this, or any, team. 

Yes I have watched him play. Can he make more throws than Hurts? Yeah sure. But Hurts brings other things. Ultimately the likelihood is that neither are the answer for this, or any, team. 

WR's are open, and the current QB can not get them the ball, so give the guy who has proven he can push the ball down and into the middle of the field, where the open receivers are a chance.

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Such as...?

Neither guy is the long term answer. Minshew may be the better option for the short-term (2022) while we add talent elsewhere. Nick and Howie would be derelict in their reponsibility if they didn't find out at some point.

15 hours ago, T-1000 said:

So is Minshew going to change the fact that the fraudulent coach won't run the ball or ever attack the middle of the field.

EXACTLY. Get a pass run ratio that is NFL worthy, let Hurts play the season to remove ALL doubts, make you off season moves accordingly. If anything needs to be replaced at THIS moment, it's the play caller. Start there 1st. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

EXACTLY. Get a pass run ratio that is NFL worthy, let Hurts play the season to remove ALL doubts, make you off season moves accordingly. If anything needs to be replaced at THIS moment, it's the play caller. Start there 1st. 

Miles Sanders had ONE carry in the first half, Kenny Gainwell had ZERO. Yet some people are perfectly fine with this clown coach and think it's all Hurt's fault. They both suck.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, manz2821 said:

Well the problem is Howie. With him around would a good coach want to coach the Eagles? That's why I still feel for all our sakes as fans our only hope is for Howie to get canned. Get a new GM and let the GM pick his own coach and Lurie can go back and hide in his cave and count his money.

Yup. Can't have a yes man kissing the FO's ass if you want a real winner as a head coach. Until Howie is gone, it's going to be drama around every corner., and blown 1st round picks littering Philly streets. Clean that shite show up, and then you might have a chance. Unless Howie actually makes right choices from here on out..... 😆

1 minute ago, T-1000 said:

Miles Sanders had ONE carry in the first half, Kenny Gainwell had ZERO. Yet some people are perfectly fine with this clown coach and think it's all Hurt's fault. They both suck.

It definitely starts with the coaches, and they see the issue, yet won't change it. They HAVE to change it, or we'll overtake the entire damn football field and not let them play!! THAT would be awesome. They can't force 70,000 people to do anything. 🤣 Take over the Link on game day!!! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

Yup. Can't have a yes man kissing the FO's ass if you want a real winner as a head coach. Until Howie is gone, it's going to be drama around every corner., and blown 1st round picks littering Philly streets. Clean that shite show up, and then you might have a chance. Unless Howie actually makes right choices from here on out..... 😆

I think he'll will freeze over before that happens. Apart from striking gold in free agency before the SB season he has done absolutely nothing to help this team. We all make fun of Jerry the GM but the cowboys drafts have been really good.

8 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

But all the while that potentially gives Sirianni an excuse and I think he's the bigger problem. 

Hurts is missing wide open receivers that the system is providing.  That tells me that Sirianni has given him a chance that he can't take advantage of.  How much better does Sirianni look if a competent QB is running the offense.

Quarterback schmarterback. 

You could put the cloned offspring of Montana, Brady, Manning and Marino out there but when your coaching staff hands the ball to the RB ONCE in the first half and drops into the shotgun at first and goal from the ONE INCH line you won't make any progress. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Hurts is missing wide open receivers that the system is providing.  That tells me that Sirianni has given him a chance that he can't take advantage of.  How much better does Sirianni look if a competent QB is running the offense.

Well yeah sure Sirianni probably would look a lot better. But guess what? That competent QB isn't Minshew either. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Road to Victory said:

Very few QB’s, Peyton Manning included, came into the league looking like a superstar. Manning had 28 Ints as a rookie but he got better, much better. 

Yes, because their decision making improved.  

Jalen's decision making is really only part of his problem.  Just watching on TV, it looked like most of his throws were to the right guy, save a few here and there.  Decision making is sadly not his problem.  His arm is the problem.  His accuracy looks terrible, especially after last night.   Decision making improves.  Arm strength improves.  It's hard to teach accuracy, and for Jalen that's going to be his downfall.  

50 minutes ago, T-1000 said:

Spot on.

Fire Siriani.

Fire Howie for hiring Siriani.

Go find a real franchise QB.

1 minute ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

Spot on.

Fire Siriani.

Fire Howie for hiring Siriani.

Go find a real franchise QB.

Agreed

Agreed

Agreed

Not yet.  Hurts gets at least 2-3 more games, imo.  After that, I would start another QB (primarily) to see how much of it was on Hurts, how much on Sirianni, defense, etc etc.  Obviously, if Hurts turns it around in the next 2-3 games, he continues to start. 

47 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

I voted no - Hurts is guaranteed to get me 25+ points every week in fantasy

same. he's been killin' it with those garbage time rushing td's. :lol: 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, manz2821 said:

I think he'll will freeze over before that happens. Apart from striking gold in free agency before the SB season he has done absolutely nothing to help this team. We all make fun of Jerry the GM but the cowboys drafts have been really good.

They sure as hell did better than the Eagles. Everything needs major improvement around here.

• Like 1