Is it time for Minshew *** Poll ***

Is it time for Minshew  

107 members have voted

1. 1. Is it time for Minshew

This poll is closed to new votes

16 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

You want to be careful making a habit of firing coaches after short times. Makes people with options not want the job. Ask the Browns. 

As long as Howie is running the team, it’s a very undesirable job. Siri was an under-the radar guy who didn’t have any other options. That’s about all they can attract at this point. 

20 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

You want to be careful making a habit of firing coaches after short times. Makes people with options not want the job. Ask the Browns. 

Good point. Except that every commentator is pointing out Sirianni's glaring mediocrity as a play caller.
I just think he's not very smart. His playcalling has not improved one iota so far this season. Whatever
talent exists on the team is being wasted under his hand.

And the Browns might not be the best example to make your point.  
We should be so lucky to have a coach like Stepanski. 

But maybe he deserves a shot with Minshew to prove it's the QB not the coach. So let Hurts
have four more games - against easier teams - and if they're still losing, put Minshew in for
a stretch. And if they keep losing, give Flacco the last few games.

The worst thing that can happen to this team is that Sirianni and Howie totally blow the draft picks.

3 minutes ago, eaglegenius said:

And the Browns might not be the best example to make your point

I was thinking along the lines of Kitchens lol. They should never have hired Siri. Hell I don't  think Doug deserved the boot. 

25 minutes ago, Southparkeagles said:

By mid-season if Hurts continues to regress. Sirianni should be replaced at the same time. 

This! Sirianni has been terrible this far IMO. The play calling on both sides of the ball hasn’t been good. Enough of the WR screens! Run the ball under centre every once and awhile might be ok, tired of the shotgun look. Sanders must be so frustrated. I actually think our WR trio is great, haven’t seen many explosive plays yet though, Quez needs to be used more over Reagor IMO. I’m so tired of seeing Hurts rollout of the pocket, he ain’t even good rolling right. Forget about him rolling left, just brutal!

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Dawkfan said:

tired of the shotgun

I was tired of it with Wentz. It's a crutch that's supposed to help the QB, but limits the effectiveness of the HBs --- especially in short yardage. It also increases the chance of bad snaps and hinders the offense when crowd noise is an issue. 

• Like 3

Until they get a half decent play caller we can't really assess Hurts. He was bad last night again it seems but he's not helped by the play calling. 

• Like 2

Not yet. I don’t think Jalen is the guy long term, but Flacco does nothing for us long term & I don’t know if Minshew is ready yet. 

Id say give it until the bye week, week 14. The next 7 games will be much easier on the Eagles, and Jalen. Only threatening team is the chargers, and maybe the Raiders. Though I’m not sure how Raiders will be now without Gruden. They also play a good Broncos defense. If he declines or doesn’t show improvement, bench him going into week 14. Let Minshew be the guy for final 4 games, he’ll be better acclimated to playbook and everything else by then. 

• Like 1

No....and not because Hurts is playing well. Objective #1 for this season is coming out of it with a clear view on Hurts as the QB of the future one way or another.

I lean towards no based on what we have seen so far but the guy has only started 10 games. Give him time before we make the final call. Minshew isn't the long term answer either

• Like 1

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Until they get a half decent play caller we can't really assess Hurts. He was bad last night again it seems but he's not helped by the play calling. 

Not a fan of either right now. But hard to know which one is hindering the other more at this stage. I hate that we don't seem to be running much and definitely needs to be called more. But a number of runs which are called have RPOs built into them and Hurts has the tendency to pull it back a lot. That decision may well be right based on what Hurts is seeing but that just tells you the D is daring him to beat them with his arm which he doesn't do well enough - and it wont change till he starts making some throws. He also missed a number of open guys when the offense couldn't get going which would have started moving the ball and given us momentum but instead just killed drives.

Not yet.  Even though it's clear Hurts lacks the talent to be an NFL QB, we need to leave no doubt on the subject.  Let him keep up this pace of losses and he will make the decision for the team. 

You stick with Hurts to seasons end, if it still isn't working him and Minshew and / or another retread attempt free agent (Mariota, Bridgwater) have a proper camp battle to be starter next year and hope one of them works out or there's a decent draft class of QB's in '23.

The worst thing this franchise can do is trade away draft picks for the last years of Russell Wilson or package those firsts to move ahead of a team like Detroit for one of the guys in this years class as it stands, if Pickett and Ridder keep improving and you can gain extra picks by moving back and pick one of them up late 1st that might be something worth considering but turning 3 picks into one or two to take someone like Willis or Corral top 3 would be a HUGE mistake.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dwide Schrude said:

Not yet. I don’t think Jalen is the guy long term, but Flacco does nothing for us long term & I don’t know if Minshew is ready yet. 

Id say give it until the bye week, week 14. The next 7 games will be much easier on the Eagles, and Jalen. Only threatening team is the chargers, and maybe the Raiders. Though I’m not sure how Raiders will be now without Gruden. They also play a good Broncos defense. If he declines or doesn’t show improvement, bench him going into week 14. Let Minshew be the guy for final 4 games, he’ll be better acclimated to playbook and everything else by then. 

53 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

You stick with Hurts to seasons end, if it still isn't working him and Minshew and / or another retread attempt free agent (Mariota, Bridgwater) have a proper camp battle to be starter next year and hope one of them works out or there's a decent draft class of QB's in '23.

The worst thing this franchise can do is trade away draft picks for the last years of Russell Wilson or package those firsts to move ahead of a team like Detroit for one of the guys in this years class as it stands, if Pickett and Ridder keep improving and you can gain extra picks by moving back and pick one of them up late 1st that might be something worth considering but turning 3 picks into one or two to take someone like Willis or Corral top 3 would be a HUGE mistake.

I’m happy with either of these approaches. It looks at the moment that Hurts isn’t the guy, but the play calling and line really isn’t helping him. I want to see him for at least another 7 games before turning to Minshew and Siriani needs to run the ball and give Hurts a chance before then.

We are looking good at the moment for 3 top 15/potentially top 10 picks. I would look to move down with one of them to pick up an extra first to go after a QB in 2023 (assuming Hurts doesn’t turn it around) and use them to restock the D and the O-Line.

1 hour ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Not yet.  Even though it's clear Hurts lacks the talent to be an NFL QB, we need to leave no doubt on the subject.  Let him keep up this pace of losses and he will make the decision for the team. 

But all the while that potentially gives Sirianni an excuse and I think he's the bigger problem. 

any quarterback can look good for 4-8 games and any quarterback can look bad for 4-8 games

I want to see Minshew because I believe he's not only a better QB, but I think it'll give us a better read on just how good/awful Sirianni is as a coach.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, T-1000 said:

So is Minshew going to change the fact that the fraudulent coach won't run the ball or ever attack the middle of the field.

I got a theory that Siri is worried about Hurts’ arm strength so he doesn’t want him throwing in the middle of the girl with tighter windows. Pure speculation but it seems that way. 

Didn't they say they had a QB competition this training camp? If Hurts really won Minshew and Flacco must be horrible.

I'd like to see how Jalen performs in just one game where we have a balanced attack on offense before he gets yanked. Yes, he's missed some open throws, but he's also under tremendous pressure because of the play calling. 

5 minutes ago, Kz! said:

I'd like to see how Jalen performs in just one game where we have a balanced attack on offense before he gets yanked. Yes, he's missed some open throws, but he's also under tremendous pressure because of the play calling. 

The play-calling is built around him and the decision to run, handoff, or pass is mostly his read. I'd like to see how this offense looks with a more traditional QB --- with play-calling built around that guy.

I don't think either backup QB is a long term answer. Hurts looks average at best right now but I went into this year realizing the team wants to evaluate him over a full season. Young QBs need time to develop. 

After the season they can assess finding a new starter.