Is it time for Minshew *** Poll ***

Is it time for Minshew  

107 members have voted

1. 1. Is it time for Minshew

This poll is closed to new votes

3 hours ago, Big___Al said:

OK, if you want to split hairs; but my point is rather easily discerned.

So, rather than admit you were wrong, you are going to dismiss the point you made to begin with. You should have said 2nd string doesn't matter if that is what you intended to say.

You were wrong. Minshew has been a starter before and also has been backing up Hurts most of this season. Any front office that wasn't married to their 2nd round pick would have already moved on from Hurts.

Minshew is Mark Sanchez, the sooner we start him consecutive games so TATE can see reality the better. This way we can draft a real one on the off-season and not do this again.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, DawkinsOwnage03 said:

Minshew is Mark Sanchez, the sooner we start him consecutive games so TATE can see reality the better. This way we can draft a real one on the off-season and not do this again.

I don’t follow college but from all accounts, there aren’t any sure fire QBs in the draft this year. 

16 hours ago, downundermike said:

The point is Minshew is a better QB

They both are backup QBs in the NFL so it makes zero difference who plays or arguing about it. 

13 hours ago, Devaster said:

So, rather than admit you were wrong, you are going to dismiss the point you made to begin with. You should have said 2nd string doesn't matter if that is what you intended to say.

You were wrong. Minshew has been a starter before and also has been backing up Hurts most of this season. Any front office that wasn't married to their 2nd round pick would have already moved on from Hurts.

My opinion is *not* wrong, good grief. Again, if you want to attack the precise wording of it, great, you got me; but I was exaggerating a point. Hurts is coming up on a year working with the 1st team, and getting #1 QB coaching. Munchblow has no resume here.

"The fact of the matter is they’ll have to come up with somebody who’s better than Jalen Hurts. There aren’t a lot of quarterbacks out there as options who are better than Jalen Hurts,” Schefter said. "Russell Wilson may or may not be available. Aaron Rodgers may or may not be available. Deshaun Watson may or may not be traded. Beyond that, are there many quarterbacks out there that you’d rather have than Jalen Hurts? The better he plays, the more he solidifies himself in Philadelphia.”

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/report_hints_at_eagles_future_plans_for_jalen_hurts/s1_127_36801482

Schefter a month ago seemed to think it was a nobrainer Howie would trade for one of these guys. Now not so much. I think you all better get used to Jalen Hurts as the Eagles quarterback and stop whining like a bunch of spoiled children. 

2 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

"The fact of the matter is they’ll have to come up with somebody who’s better than Jalen Hurts. There aren’t a lot of quarterbacks out there as options who are better than Jalen Hurts,” Schefter said. "Russell Wilson may or may not be available. Aaron Rodgers may or may not be available. Deshaun Watson may or may not be traded. Beyond that, are there many quarterbacks out there that you’d rather have than Jalen Hurts? The better he plays, the more he solidifies himself in Philadelphia.”

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/report_hints_at_eagles_future_plans_for_jalen_hurts/s1_127_36801482

Schefter a month ago seemed to think it was a nobrainer Howie would trade for one of these guys. Now not so much. I think you all better get used to Jalen Hurts as the Eagles quarterback and stop whining like a bunch of spoiled children. 

Just the media talking when they have nothing to talk about. Any team with no real QB becomes a candidate destination for a QB that is disgruntled with their organization.

We shall see, but Hurts is not even remotely close to an irreplaceable talent. We are a week away from many thinking Minshew should be starting.

1 hour ago, Devaster said:

Just the media talking when they have nothing to talk about. Any team with no real QB becomes a candidate destination for a QB that is disgruntled with their organization.

We shall see, but Hurts is not even remotely close to an irreplaceable talent. We are a week away from many thinking Minshew should be starting.

Who is saying Hurts is irreplaceable? Better to take a we will see attitude, and just cause you and a few other overreacting fans (loud minority) were a week away from Minshew doesn’t in any way mean the Eagles were. Perhaps you all should pay attention and realize that. 

On 12/23/2021 at 8:33 PM, EazyEaglez said:

Get used to mediocrity. I'm looking forward to it.

8 hours ago, eglz1 said:

Get used to mediocrity. I'm looking forward to it.

Eagles under Wentz from 2016-2020 35-32-1. When will you people realize you already had a quarterback who gave you that "mediocrity” you’re crying about?

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

Eagles under Wentz from 2016-2020 35-32-1. When will you people realize you already had a quarterback who gave you that "mediocrity” you’re crying about?

What do you mean, "You People"?

🤣

I just don't have much confidence in a big 12 quarterback who has shown Big 12 quarterback play. It'd be great to be wrong.

What happened to your promise to quit obsessing about Wentz once the Eagles secured the first round pick? The first round pick has been secure for a few days.

5 minutes ago, eglz1 said:

What do you mean, "You People"?

🤣

I just don't have much confidence in a big 12 quarterback who has shown Big 12 quarterback play. It'd be great to be wrong.

It’s still too early in the process to say what happens. With that being the case a 4 win team from last season is now a 7 win team, and still in the playoff hunt in late December. A team that basically controls its own destiny that’s being led by a quarterback you don’t trust. A quarterback that the NFL has deemed after his first season as a starter is good enough to be a pro bowl alternate. Do what you want. Be frustrated over assuming things in the future that may or may not happen or enjoy the season that’s taking place now. My only point is Hurts wouldn’t be brining this team to mediocrity, because they have been there for a while now. 

9 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

It’s still too early in the process to say what happens. With that being the case a 4 win team from last season is now a 7 win team, and still in the playoff hunt in late December. A team that basically controls its own destiny that’s being led by a quarterback you don’t trust. A quarterback that the NFL has deemed after his first season as a starter is good enough to be a pro bowl alternate. Do what you want. Be frustrated over assuming things in the future that may or may not happen or enjoy the season that’s taking place now. My only point is Hurts wouldn’t be brining this team to mediocrity, because they have been there for a while now. 

Would last year's 4 win team still have been a 4 win team if they had instituted the run-first offense this year's team has instituted? Conversely, if this year's team had continued along the pass - pass - pass path they started the season with, would we now be talking playoffs? In my opinion, it took Lurie and Roseman one lost season and starting well along another lost season to finally accept that their version of an NFL offense simply would not work as they envisioned. Certainly not with the personnel they had acquired.

Time to put this QB "controversy" to bed for good.

Hurts will finish this season barring injury, but I won't be surprised if neither is on the roster come 2022.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, eglz1 said:

Would last year's 4 win team still have been a 4 win team if they had instituted the run-first offense this year's team has instituted? Conversely, if this year's team had continued along the pass - pass - pass path they started the season with, would we now be talking playoffs? In my opinion, it took Lurie and Roseman one lost season and starting well along another lost season to finally accept that their version of an NFL offense simply would not work as they envisioned. Certainly not with the personnel they had acquired.

They were a bad football team last year so I don’t know if that changes even with the run. There were a host of injuries and just overall bad football to boot. I can’t say that you’re completely wrong there, but this team hasn’t been this run oriented since like the 40as so it’s hard to say. Had this team stayed the course they probably go nowhere too. Understanding the strengths and weaknesses of the team is part of the job of the coaches however. Understanding the quarterback is key too. The Colts coming to their own realization that they can keep chucking it transitioned to a run first team. Perhaps the Eagles should’ve realized years ago they couldn’t count on Wentz to be that pass, pass, pass quarterback, and ran the ball. Things might’ve been different. 

7 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

They were a bad football team last year so I don’t know if that changes even with the run. There were a host of injuries and just overall bad football to boot. I can’t say that you’re completely wrong there, but this team hasn’t been this run oriented since like the 40as so it’s hard to say. Had this team stayed the course they probably go nowhere too. Understanding the strengths and weaknesses of the team is part of the job of the coaches however. Understanding the quarterback is key too. The Colts coming to their own realization that they can keep chucking it transitioned to a run first team. Perhaps the Eagles should’ve realized years ago they couldn’t count on Wentz to be that pass, pass, pass quarterback, and ran the ball. Things might’ve been different. 

Indeed. What I don't know is how much freedom of action Doug had. He may have realized that 2020's offensive philosophy was unsustainable but was he free to change it? I sort of doubt it, how successful was he in convincing Lurie to do things his (Doug's) way post season last year? Not to mention last year's injuries. If the rumors have some basis in fact, Doug ran more in the Green Bay game, won and got called on the carpet for it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, eglz1 said:

Indeed. What I don't know is how much freedom of action Doug had. He may have realized that 2020's offensive philosophy was unsustainable but was he free to change it? I sort of doubt it, how successful was he in convincing Lurie to do things his (Doug's) way post season last year? Not to mention last year's injuries. If the rumors have some basis in fact, Doug ran more in the Green Bay game, won and got called on the carpet for it.

Pederson did run it a lot in 2017 though. I mean they were 5th in rushing that year too. Don’t know why that was the outlier. It should’ve been the norm.

25 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Pederson did run it a lot in 2017 though. I mean they were 5th in rushing that year too. Don’t know why that was the outlier. It should’ve been the norm.

That might be a question for the ages (or a question for 'Lowie')

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

Feels like Minshew might get into this one. 

Did you see how well he handed the ball off? Amazing hands. Extreme precision.

START HIM NOW

• Haha 1