Is it time for Minshew *** Poll ***

Is it time for Minshew  

107 members have voted

1. 1. Is it time for Minshew

This poll is closed to new votes

58 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I'm for exploring all options, especially when the person playing ahead of someone else isn't playing head and shoulders above everyone else. I don't believe Howie and Lurie are sold on Hurts, so might as well see what the other guy has

If this season was evaluating the QB position, we have another option to still investigate.  This team isn't powering into the playoffs with either of them.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

If this season was evaluating the QB position, we have another option to still investigate.  This team isn't powering into the playoffs with either of them.

Exactly, that goes for all positions on this team at this point with the exception of a couple of oline 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Exactly, that goes for all positions on this team at this point with the exception of a couple of oline 

Minshew was investigated by the Jags. They dumped him for a 6th round pick and no one but the Eagles wanted him. There’s nothing there. 

17 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Minshew was investigated by the Jags. They dumped him for a 6th round pick and no one but the Eagles wanted him. There’s nothing there. 

Meh maybe maybe not... It doesn't really matter cause they aren't going to wait for Hurts to get better. 

For the record I don't think Minshew is the answer either but, saying the Jags didn't want him means nothing to me. They have failed miserably with finding QBs so I could not care less about their evaluations of any player ever. 

To sum it all up, give them all a shot at every position 

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Meh maybe maybe not... It doesn't really matter cause they aren't going to wait for Hurts to get better. 

For the record I don't think Minshew is the answer either but, saying the Jags didn't want him means nothing to me. They have failed miserably with finding QBs so I could not care less about their evaluations of any player ever. 

It’s bigger than the Jags not wanting him. Nobody did. The Eagles only paid a 6th for him and there are plenty of teams with quarterback issues who simply passed on the guy. There was no bidding war. Heck he didn’t even gain value. We don’t need to really see what he is, because we already know. He’s an affordable backup. With that being the case I still have yet to see anything that states Minshew will start or that Hurts has been benched. 

6 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

It’s bigger than the Jags not wanting him. Nobody did. The Eagles only paid a 6th for him and there are plenty of teams with quarterback issues who simply passed on the guy. There was no bidding war. Heck he didn’t even gain value. We don’t need to really see what he is, because we already know. He’s an affordable backup. With that being the case I still have yet to see anything that states Minshew will start or that Hurts has been benched. 

Like I said it didn't matter I'm fine if they let Hurts play it out but, I feel like it won't matter they will be QB hunting in the off-season no matter what hurts or Minshew do. I said in the beginning of this season of Hurts isn't lights out and the unquestionable QB going forward they will be moving on. 

You know how this team operates do you really think they would tell you they are benching Hurts? 

Just like Wentz, everyone thought he was getting benched to get his sheet together.. well he wasn't benched he was replaced. 

So I wouldn't be surprised if Minshew plays and we never see Hurts again. 

This isn't a QB vs QB vs QB thing for me this is a, how this team seems to do business these days. 

11 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Like I said it didn't matter I'm fine if they let Hurts play it out but, I feel like it won't matter they will be QB hunting in the off-season no matter what hurts or Minshew do. I said in the beginning of this season of Hurts isn't lights out and the unquestionable QB going forward they will be moving on. 

You know how this team operates do you really think they would tell you they are benching Hurts? 

Just like Wentz, everyone thought he was getting benched to get his sheet together.. well he wasn't benched he was replaced. 

So I wouldn't be surprised if Minshew plays and we never see Hurts again. 

This isn't a QB vs QB vs QB thing for me this is a, how this team seems to do business these days. 

The Eagles benched Wentz in the middle of a game due to ineffectiveness and multiple games with multiple turnovers. It was pretty much enough is enough. On top of that they drafted Hurts. They didn’t draft Minshew. They picked him out a bargain bin. Hurts was definitely hurt in the Giants game. He got hurt in the pocket when he was sacked. He didn’t run after that point and ironically threw some of the better passes he threw all game after that point. Eskin on the sidelines reported that the Eagles wrapped Jalen’s ankle twice and he was clearly uncomfortable. So now we are supposed to believe Jalen is a pivotal player in his own benching and not from his performance on the field, but pretending on the sidelines? Eskin is a piece of work, but are we to believe he’s in on this farce too? Frankly if the Eagles were going to bench Hurts they would just do it. No theatrical performances or vague comments would be needed. I mean really we have been hearing for several months the Eagles have been linked to quarterbacks on other teams so why would they for a moment need to fabricate a tale to sit Hurts? Also we are talking about the Jets here. If Hurts went out there with a bad leg and threw for 250 and 3 touchdowns what would people say? They would say it’s only the Jets, but if Minshew went out there and basically did the same thing against the Jets we found our quarterback??? 

26 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

The Eagles benched Wentz in the middle of a game due to ineffectiveness and multiple games with multiple turnovers. It was pretty much enough is enough. On top of that they drafted Hurts. They didn’t draft Minshew. They picked him out a bargain bin. Hurts was definitely hurt in the Giants game. He got hurt in the pocket when he was sacked. He didn’t run after that point and ironically threw some of the better passes he threw all game after that point. Eskin on the sidelines reported that the Eagles wrapped Jalen’s ankle twice and he was clearly uncomfortable. So now we are supposed to believe Jalen is a pivotal player in his own benching and not from his performance on the field, but pretending on the sidelines? Eskin is a piece of work, but are we to believe he’s in on this farce too? Frankly if the Eagles were going to bench Hurts they would just do it. No theatrical performances or vague comments would be needed. I mean really we have been hearing for several months the Eagles have been linked to quarterbacks on other teams so why would they for a moment need to fabricate a tale to sit Hurts? Also we are talking about the Jets here. If Hurts went out there with a bad leg and threw for 250 and 3 touchdowns what would people say? They would say it’s only the Jets, but if Minshew went out there and basically did the same thing against the Jets we found our quarterback??? 

🤷

3 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Then why didn't the Eagles give up a 7th rounder instead? Flacco was traded for similar compensation. He was definitely valued among teams enough for the Eagles to spend a 6th rounder on him.

4 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

We won a Superbowl with an affordable backup.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Devaster said:

Then why didn't the Eagles give up a 7th rounder instead? Flacco was traded for similar compensation. He was definitely valued among teams enough for the Eagles to spend a 6th rounder on him.

You’re comparing Flacco with Minshew, but you think Minshew can be the answer??? 

2 hours ago, opa-opa said:

We won a Superbowl with an affordable backup.

Yet hardly anyone  wanted him to be the guy afterwards. 🤷‍♂️

6 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

🤷

Ultimately this is the answer isn’t it? Here’s all we really need to know about this game. Vegas is still basically saying the Eagles are favored by 7 and they don’t even know who the quarterback will be for them. Regardless if it’s Hurts on a bad leg or Minshew who hasn’t played all season. In the end this game won’t tell us much no matter who plays. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Nobody does...and I agree with everything you said here.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Ultimately this is the answer isn’t it? Here’s all we really need to know about this game. Vegas is still basically saying the Eagles are favored by 7 and they don’t even know who the quarterback will be for them. Regardless if it’s Hurts on a bad leg or Minshew who hasn’t played all season. In the end this game won’t tell us much no matter who plays. 

I know nothing of Vegas odds  Never looked at them in my life lol

• Like 1

8 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

You’re comparing Flacco with Minshew, but you think Minshew can be the answer??? 

Compared compensation and didn't say anything about the 2nd. Putting words in my mouth. Simply pointing out that your opinion that no teams valued him isn't accurate.

8 minutes ago, Devaster said:

Compared compensation and didn't say anything about the 2nd. Putting words in my mouth. Simply pointing out that your opinion that no teams valued him isn't accurate.

The bottom line is if their compensation is basically the same then so is their basic status. 

4 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I know nothing of Vegas odds  Never looked at them in my life lol

I hear ya. Think of it this way. If the Eagles quarterback were someone considered elite and their backup was put in the game who isn’t considered elite the number should change unless the team they’re playing is so bad they don’t even think it matters. 😂

I have a feeling that Hurts is going to play for sure this week. Yeah he may not be 100% or give us the best chance to win, but this game would test his tenacity and ability to bounce back from a loss.

32 minutes ago, opa-opa said:

I have a feeling that Hurts is going to play for sure this week. Yeah he may not be 100% or give us the best chance to win, but this game would test his tenacity and ability to bounce back from a loss.

The Eagles thought better of it and seems to have officially sat him. Rocking that huge questionable all week made it highly doubtful he played. 

On 12/3/2021 at 6:16 PM, EazyEaglez said:

Yeah but ......... the Jags. They couldn't very well keep him after drafting a QB 1st overall. BTW, how's that 1st overall QB working out? Yes it's early but maybe something about that team?

23 minutes ago, eglz1 said:

Yeah but ......... the Jags. They couldn't very well keep him after drafting a QB 1st overall. BTW, how's that 1st overall QB working out? Yes it's early but maybe something about that team?

For what it's worth, I said for months even before the draft that Lawrence was going to bust. 

People were calling him the next Elway. Yeah, sure.

That's not to say he has no chance at a career, as I think he still can, but I never bought into the hype.

If Hurts is the future, then you sit him so his ankle can fully heal after the bye. 

The problem is when Minshew comes in and shows what an actual NFL offense looks like.