Is it time for Minshew *** Poll ***

Is it time for Minshew  

107 members have voted

1. 1. Is it time for Minshew

This poll is closed to new votes

On 10/14/2021 at 11:51 PM, T-1000 said:

So is Minshew going to change the fact that the fraudulent coach won't run the ball or ever attack the middle of the field.

Minshew would get sacked more  he is a pocket passer.

On 10/17/2021 at 10:02 AM, EagleVA said:

Matt Corral and Malik Willis look like potential stars to me, both are mobile, very accurate passers and great touch, Corral has a good arm and Willis has an outstanding arm.

So far neither of them look as good as any of the top 5 drafted last year and look how most of them are playing in the NFL this year so far...

IMO let Hurts play and coaching staff needs to do a better job with game planning and coaching him to fix his footwork.

• 4 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Didn’t happen, but would it really be all that surprising for the QB factory to flip another quarterback? 

Nope not at all or draft another. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Didn’t happen, but would it really be all that surprising for the QB factory to flip another quarterback? 

"Don't get too comfy, I got three 1st rounders! Heh heh heh."

HHDOXLZMXNAJTFYKHZX7KY6ZLY.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, NOTW said:

"Don't get too comfy, I got three 1st rounders! Heh heh heh."

HHDOXLZMXNAJTFYKHZX7KY6ZLY.jpg

Yup. 😂🤣😂

4 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Nope not at all or draft another. 

Three number one draft pick quarterbacks. The triple wing QB backfield. Howie would be thrilled. 😂🤣😂 

2 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Three number one draft pick quarterbacks. The triple wing QB backfield. Howie would be thrilled. 😂🤣😂 

Taking the lions 3 top 10 receivers in a row to a whole new level!

• 2 weeks later...

If Minshew gets any playing time, regardless of whether he's good bad or just mediocre the reaction in TATE will be entertaining at least!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

Sounds like Hurts could be out against the Jets. 

I'm not sure how badly he sprained the ankle, but I'd be shocked if he didn't attempt to play on it. I think getting back out there will demonstrate toughness and continue to win over teammates. This guy is a leader and he knows what he has to do. I remember when McNabb broke his fibula against the Cardinals and gutted out the last 3 quarters on it, putting together one of his best passing performances. He knew running was off the table and he just trusted his line to hold up and his receivers to make the plays. I'd love to see Hurts put this last game behind him and respond with noticeable improvement.

If he can't go or the team doesn't let him, I am curious to see what Minshew has to offer. It would be a good opportunity for him to show if he belongs in these types of discussions. 

8 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

I'm not sure how badly he sprained the ankle, but I'd be shocked if he didn't attempt to play on it. I think getting back out there will demonstrate toughness and continue to win over teammates. This guy is a leader and he knows what he has to do. I remember when McNabb broke his fibula against the Cardinals and gutted out the last 3 quarters on it, putting together one of his best passing performances. He knew running was off the table and he just trusted his line to hold up and his receivers to make the plays. I'd love to see Hurts put this last game behind him and respond with noticeable improvement.

If he can't go or the team doesn't let him, I am curious to see what Minshew has to offer. It would be a good opportunity for him to show if he belongs in these types of discussions. 

Look I like Jalen and I sure am rooting for him, but he ain’t no McNabb. With that being the case the bigger issue to me right now is if he isn’t effective as a runner then he’s a major liability out there. It’s bad enough he basically has only two guys he can really count on, but now if he can’t run effectively then the Eagles will have to rely on his arm and this year that hasn’t worked out well enough for the Eagles. Him gutting it out isn’t good for the Eagles unless he can go out there and throw 4 touchdowns on a bad leg like McNabb did. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

Look I like Jalen and I sure am rooting for him, but he ain’t no McNabb. With that being the case the bigger issue to me right now is if he isn’t effective as a runner then he’s a major liability out there. It’s bad enough he basically has only two guys he can really count on, but now if he can’t run effectively then the Eagles will have to rely on his arm and this year that hasn’t worked out well enough for the Eagles. Him gutting it out isn’t good for the Eagles unless he can go out there and throw 4 touchdowns on a bad leg like McNabb did. 

I know he's not McNabb and I doubt this injury is anywhere near as significant as a broken fibula. I'm sure the team will give him rest at practice, but start him in the next game. He should still be able to move around with it taped up, but the game plan should be to get the ball out of his hands and limit his runs a bit. But it would be cool to see him settle back in the pocket a bit find a receiver that can catch to throw to. He's coming off one of his worst games and I think he'll respond with a better performance. He had a few games in Pederson's offense and showed flashes there (vs the Cardinals) even when he passed a lot. It's not unrealistic to think he can play a good game as a passer. The question he needs to answer is can he put a string of those games together?

On 10/14/2021 at 11:00 PM, opa-opa said:

Not yet, but it's getting closer to Minshew time.

My guess is by Week 12.

Hey, I got pretty close. What do I win?

I'd like to change my vote. I think it'd be good for the receivers to make the change

Run game may take a hit but I actually don't think it'd be as bad as others think

30 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

I know he's not McNabb and I doubt this injury is anywhere near as significant as a broken fibula. I'm sure the team will give him rest at practice, but start him in the next game. He should still be able to move around with it taped up, but the game plan should be to get the ball out of his hands and limit his runs a bit. But it would be cool to see him settle back in the pocket a bit find a receiver that can catch to throw to. He's coming off one of his worst games and I think he'll respond with a better performance. He had a few games in Pederson's offense and showed flashes there (vs the Cardinals) even when he passed a lot. It's not unrealistic to think he can play a good game as a passer. The question he needs to answer is can he put a string of those games together?

I don’t have very high expectations for Hurts the passer, but I have even lower expectations for some of his so called weapons too. 

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

I don’t have very high expectations for Hurts the passer, but I have even lower expectations for some of his so called weapons too. 

There's no doubt that some of these guys had better start making plays. When the QB is struggling, a receiver can help out a lot by making a tough catch. I hope, as much as you do, that some of these guys start changing minds about their worth --- because right now, certain high pick WRs aren't winning fans over and we're losing games. 

It seemed like Hurts showed a lot of confidence in Reagor Sunday --- it didn't pay off. That can't continue. 

• Like 1

Neither Hurts nor Minshew look like top tier QB's. The 2023 draft may have one for the Eagles. Keep them both until then just to make sure.

2 hours ago, NOTW said:

If Minshew gets any playing time, regardless of whether he's good bad or just mediocre the reaction in TATE will be entertaining at least!

shutup guy

18 minutes ago, olsilverhair said:

shutup guy

If your dentures fell out of your mouth and hit the keyboard it would still be better than your posts.

• Haha 5

20 minutes ago, NOTW said:

If your dentures fell out of your mouth and hit the keyboard it would still be better than your posts.

I’m trying to be real, just Shutup, that’s all I want 

1 hour ago, brkmsn said:

There's no doubt that some of these guys had better start making plays. When the QB is struggling, a receiver can help out a lot by making a tough catch. I hope, as much as you do, that some of these guys start changing minds about their worth --- because right now, certain high pick WRs aren't winning fans over and we're losing games. 

It seemed like Hurts showed a lot of confidence in Reagor Sunday --- it didn't pay off. That can't continue. 

Honestly I don’t like the overall size of our skilled position players. They’re all basically around six feet for these receivers, and most are under 200 pounds. We are expecting these guys to fight for passes, but really they don’t have the size to do it. Seriously go take a look at the Chargers receivers and how big they all are. I mean the catch radius for guys like that just makes the job a lot easier for the quarterback. I was watching the end of the Colts vs Buck and Brady threw an out to Brate. He was completely covered, but he just muscled the ball away from the defender to make the catch and get out of bounds. Meanwhile we have a wide open Ward drop a touchdown that hits him right in the hands. Frankly that drop was far more egregious than both of Reagor’s drops because it wasn’t contested. The Eagles just don’t have receivers any quarterback can count on to go make plays, because they’re all basically the same sized guy. I know some people around here are praising the Jackson kid, but look he’s converting to a new position and he’s a rookie. He’s definitely going to take some time. He can’t even block yet. The Eagles need some size at the receiver position. Jalen Reagor is playing an outside receiver position at 5’11”, and you know they tend to boost the height of players in these set ups which means he’s probably closer to 5’9”.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Honestly I don’t like the overall size of our skilled position players. They’re all basically around six feet for these receivers, and most are under 200 pounds. We are expecting these guys to fight for passes, but really they don’t have the size to do it. Seriously go take a look at the Chargers receivers and how big they all are. I mean the catch radius for guys like that just makes the job a lot easier for the quarterback. I was watching the end of the Colts vs Buck and Brady threw an out to Brate. He was completely covered, but he just muscled the ball away from the defender to make the catch and get out of bounds. Meanwhile we have a wide open Ward drop a touchdown that hits him right in the hands. Frankly that drop was far more egregious than both of Reagor’s drops because it wasn’t contested. The Eagles just don’t have receivers any quarterback can count on to go make plays, because they’re all basically the same sized guy. I know some people around here are praising the Jackson kid, but look he’s converting to a new position and he’s a rookie. He’s definitely going to take some time. He can’t even block yet. The Eagles need some size at the receiver position. Jalen Reagor is playing an outside receiver position at 5’11”, and you know they tend to boost the height of players in these set ups which means he’s probably closer to 5’9”.

The measurements at the combine are exact. Reagor is 70.63 inches ( 5' 10.6" ) tall. The thing about Reagor is he has good body control, great vertical jump ( 42" ), but he isn't winning enough contested catches. That's frustrating. 

Personally, I don't really care about the size of WRs. They just need to do their job. With DBs usually having their backs to the QB, There's no excuse for WRs not to win more than half of the contested passes where they are targeted (if it's catchable).