Eagles trade Zach Ertz to the Arizona Cardinals for CB Tay Gowan and a 2022 5th round pick

xBMTx

Wow. Seems like pretty low compensation. Wish him all the best in Arizona and I hope he comes back to retire here one day. I guess we can expect a Goedert extension sooner rather than later.

• Like 1

It's basically the equivalent of a high 5th rd pick considering where AZ is likely to pick in April and where Gowan was selected (2021 6th).  

Either way, Ertz isn't the future here so getting anything for him and clearing cap space that can hopefully be used to extend Goedert is a plus.  

• Like 6

Ertz gets to go play for a contender so good for him. Howie got something though not much back. I mean I wouldn't be surprised if Gowan is cut in a few weeks but we shall see. 

• Like 4

Who? And why? At this point just let him stay and break the receptions record. I really dislike the direction this team is going right now.

I think this is a good trade.  The Eagles will need as much draft capital as possible to move around where they'd like in the 2022 draft.  Seeing as they're 2-4 and unlikely to make a postseason run, getting any value for aging assets is the smart play.  It's unfortunate but the right move for the future.  I wish him the best in Arizona. 

• Like 2

Can that dude play Linebacker? I don't see the point of brining in another CB when the top 3 are playing pretty well. Also, how bad is that McPhearson kid that he can't get on the field in a dime situation and they'd rather have a LBer cover one of the fastest WRs in the league.

Well, hate to see him go but he did want out....best of luck to Zach....enjoyed his years here, especially the superbowl one.....

• Like 1

Good for him. I appreciate him for all the great things he’s done for this team and bringing a SB to Philly. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, GoEagles5921 said:

Terrible value.  Best of luck to Zach though 

Ertz was not going to get more than a 5th.  

• Like 5

Some of us, including me, really wanted Gowan in the draft. I’ll take it. Glad Ertz landed with a contender, happy for him.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Freshmilk said:

Ertz was not going to get more than a 5th.  

Agreed. Gowan was well liked on here coming out. I'm a fan

• Like 4