Eagles trade Zach Ertz to the Arizona Cardinals for CB Tay Gowan and a 2022 5th round pick

xBMTx

Trade sure looks like a winner. Ertz scores the longest td of his career and the db doesn’t see the field. Seems about right for a Philly trade.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, xxeaglesfanxx said:

Ertz scores the longest td of his career 

Happens when you go form a bad team to a good one. 

19 hours ago, LacesOut said:

I still can't believe that Arizona is undefeated at 7-0!! :wacko:

If the season ended today, AZ would be the #1 seed in the NFC and the #1 seed in the AFC?  The Bengals!!  :blink:

Times are a'changin'!  

15 minutes ago, time2rock said:

If the season ended today, AZ would be the #1 seed in the NFC and the #1 seed in the AFC?  The Bengals!!  :blink:

Times are a'changin'!  

I remember when the Patriots were a laughingstock. 

I miss those days. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, wyote said:

I remember when the Patriots were a laughingstock. 

I miss those days. 

From laughing stock to winners of 6 Super Bowls over a period of what, 30 years?  So there is hope that by the time I am super old sitting on my front porch yelling at the kids to get off my lawn I will get to experience a few more!  :lol:

• Haha 1

We're a bad football team with or without Ertz, who clearly wasn't in our long term plans and didn't want to be. Getting a pick and a prospect for him was a good move. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kz! said:

We're a bad football team with or without Ertz, who clearly wasn't in our long term plans and didn't want to be. Getting a pick and a prospect for him was a good move. 

Indeed, and with basically no shot at competing for a championship any time soon, made even more sense to move him.  

We were never going to get a premium haul for Ertz.   Getting a 5th back and another body at CB isn't terrible at all.  And we did him right too, trading him to a contender. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, xxeaglesfanxx said:

Trade sure looks like a winner. Ertz scores the longest td of his career and the db doesn’t see the field. Seems about right for a Philly trade.

Good value in return and Tay will be fine, solid player with upside. I am happy for ertz, but now its time for Goedert to prove he s a top 10 TE.

2 hours ago, time2rock said:

From laughing stock to winners of 6 Super Bowls over a period of what, 30 years?  So there is hope that by the time I am super old sitting on my front porch yelling at the kids to get off my lawn I will get to experience a few more!  :lol:

I wouldn't mind seeing six or seven. 

Guess I better lay off the salt and carbs, though, cause it doesn't look like we're gonna be close for 2-3 years. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, LacesOut said:

I still can't believe that Arizona is undefeated at 7-0!! :wacko:

If you've been following them at all the last couple of years, it's really not that hard to imagine. Murray is insanely talented.

Right away, Ertz is the #1 TE of the Cardinals.  He is involved in the game plan and has played and contributed a lot in that offense.  Good for him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Penn7980 said:

Right away, Ertz is the #1 TE of the Cardinals.  He is involved in the game plan and has played and contributed a lot in that offense.  Good for him.

Agree.  He deserves to be on a championship caliber team where he can contribute.  That trade was the best thing for him, and he’s always gonna be a winner in the mind of the Philly fanbase, regardless.

23 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

How about the Cowboys lose their first playoff game and the Eagles get the 2nd pick in the draft. 

Wrong thread

8 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Gonna remove it.

You better had! Don't be desecrating this sacred thread!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

You better had! Don't be desecrating this sacred thread!

I know Ertz is your guy. No disrespect here. 😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Did Gowan play some yesterday? I'm sure I saw a CB out there make a play who I did not recognise. 

Box score has him with 1 tackle

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, mr_irie1 said:

Box score has him with 1 tackle

Yeah I think he made a nice play but I could be getting mixed up.